Gaming Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck I have 4000 still to sell. Been too busy working.

decorativeed

Your island looks great Olly. I've just been informed that we have a lot of work to do this weekend to get ours up to scratch!

United Hobbit

How do you get more shooting star recipes? Just had a shed load of shooting stars but not seen the girl owl since the first time I was made aware I could get shooting stars and she gave me one for a magic wand which I haven't built as would rather save them to build something useful

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
How do you get more shooting star recipes? Just had a shed load of shooting stars but not seen the girl owl since the first time I was made aware I could get shooting stars and she gave me one for a magic wand which I haven't built as would rather save them to build something useful
Just have to wait for her to show up or visit someone elses island while she's there I think.

United Hobbit

Just have to wait for her to show up or visit someone elses island while she's there I think.
That's annoying, Isabelle actually did her receptionist job properly today and tipped me off there would be shooting stars rather than witter on about her usual rubbish, it would be useful if she could announce who was visiting the island that day in her daily announcement as I don't often play in the evening i usually play on my lunch break when I've been wfh.

decorativeed

Celeste should be wandering around your island any evening when there are shooting stars. You probably just didn't see her.

United Hobbit

I scoured the entire island looking for the turnip lady today but couldn't find her anywhere, has this happened to anyone else?
She was up the cliffs for me have you checked up there, also last week she was in all the trees and quite hard to spot as she's so small? Maybe theres a glitch as I didnt have Celeste last night despite shooting stars and now you dont have her...

I'm making a football pitch with spectator seats today need to buy those ones that look like train station seats from the nook miles shop, as I'm lazy I downloaded pre created pitch markings someone had created from the hedgehogs shop

Just looking at the list of fish and bugs arriving in June most of the fish are listed as "rare" or "super rare" great! May spend some time today cooking up lots of bait. I really want to finally get some sharks the shark tank in my museum is massive and needs filling as itll look really impressive

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
God damn Suckerfish why do you do me like that.

United Hobbit

I'm enjoying having the sharks available, still got the great white to go

Sea bass and black bass have to be the most annoying fish in the game

United Hobbit

Oh joy Gulliver is back. Not sure I can be arsed to do the same manual task yet again may leave him

60 bells for turnips, urgh!

decorativeed

Has anyone managed to catch a fly yet? I've had a big pile of shite outside my house for days now, but still never seen one.

United Hobbit

Has anyone managed to catch a fly yet? I've had a big pile of shite outside my house for days now, but still never seen one.
I've left a couple of tin cans lying around and like you not even a glimpse of a fly. Yet the video showed one being caught off a tin can.
I've also had no sightings of the Goliath beetle so have planted more coconut trees to hopefully get more chances just waiting for them to grow

decorativeed

I've left a couple of tin cans lying around and like you not even a glimpse of a fly. Yet the video showed one being caught off a tin can.
I've also had no sightings of the Goliath beetle so have planted more coconut trees to hopefully get more chances just waiting for them to grow
Yeah, I've done the same with coconuts as well. I suppose the goliath beetle is going to be rare anyway, but not seen a fly or a spider either, for that matter.

United Hobbit

They're not great on mine - 139 bells today. You can visit if you don't get a better offer, because they'll probably tank tomorrow.
Might take you up on that but only if you'll be on tonight dont want you to have to go out your way if you're busy. Apparently it's good etiquette to give the person a tip, how do you do this?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
You guys are missing out if you don't keep an eye on other forums and Reddit for good Turnip prices. I sold all my 12,000 turnips this week for over 550 each.

decorativeed

Might take you up on that but only if you'll be on tonight dont want you to have to go out your way if you're busy. Apparently it's good etiquette to give the person a tip, how do you do this?
No problem. Just send me a pm. When I tip, I just move some cash from my pockets and leave it on the ground. I give 10%, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Used my first nook miles ticket in ages today and voila I got to the bamboo island again, it's like the game knew I had lost interest a little decided to pull me back in.

United Hobbit

Why is it always the residents I actually like that keep talking about leaving yet the ones I dont care about never do!

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Why is it always the residents I actually like that keep talking about leaving yet the ones I dont care about never do!
For me it's always been the ones that I feel indifferent about, I've no problem seeing the back of Cookie/Tom but Kid Cat is seemingly happy despite me not talking to him for over a month.

Prince the frog moved in today, normally I would have been furious with the raccoon going behind my back again but he seems weird enough.

20solskjaer

For me it's always been the ones that I feel indifferent about, I've no problem seeing the back of Cookie/Tom but Kid Cat is seemingly happy despite me not talking to him for over a month.

Prince the frog moved in today, normally I would have been furious with the raccoon going behind my back again but he seems weird enough.
i’ll have kid cat from you if he ever decides to move out

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s my birthday today and my villagers had a party for me :lol:

Also caught a whale shark which is pretty cool.

decorativeed

It’s my birthday today and my villagers had a party for me :lol:

Also caught a whale shark which is pretty cool.
Ah yeah, my wife said the party they threw for my birthday put her efforts to shame. Had my 40th at the end of April, so all actual plans I had went out of the window. I've got four friends who also turned 40 in the same week, so we'd planned a joint thing. Renee's cupcakes didn't totally make up for it!

Caught myself my first great white this morning, but already caught a few whale and hammerhead sharks.

Happy birthday by the way!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
oh lawd. Maybe. I need to check my afternoon rate.