Anssumane Fati

Zen86

Haha Fati been scoring for fun at Barca but our Ole won't give Gomes a chance and kept playing Pereira,Lingard. I hope Gomes leaves for Barca it's better for him than staying at this club imo. And we'll buy back him for 150M as you know our beloved woodward style. :lol:
Strange thing to hope for.

ZAKU-RED

Supports
Barcelona
You could probably add Adama to the list of talented La Masia players we had that had hype.

Dude had the physicality and the technical ability but didn't have the brain to put it together at the time. He appears to be improving in that regard since he left us and I hope he keeps improving.

Deulofeu suffered the same problem, he wasn't physically gifted as Adama was but he had the technical ability but lacked the Brain to put it together. He got binned by Lucho for just being so egotistical in his decision making, it was the same with Valverde as well.

Cuenca I don't think had that talent of being more than just a bench player but was very useful before Injuries Destroyed him and as for Jeffren, seemed useful at one point and scored the Manita but again never really seen him more than just a squad player.

Think Munir can be added to the list as well, looked good during his younger years but like Adama he was apart of that terrible Barca B team that was poorly managed and his development stagnated and went from being a top prospect to just being an average-good talent. Seems like Sevilla and below is his level now and he's not doing to bad over there.

red4ever 79

A 16 year deemed good enough for one of the big clubs in world football, yet our youngsters dont seem to be afforded the same luxury. Where the feck is Gomes? Why is he,Chong and Greenwood not starting. They cant be anymore shitter than Staic, Mata, Lingard and Perriera

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
You could probably add Adama to the list of talented La Masia players we had that had hype.

Dude had the physicality and the technical ability but didn't have the brain to put it together at the time. He appears to be improving in that regard since he left us and I hope he keeps improving.

Deulofeu suffered the same problem, he wasn't physically gifted as Adama was but he had the technical ability but lacked the Brain to put it together. He got binned by Lucho for just being so egotistical in his decision making, it was the same with Valverde as well.

Cuenca I don't think had that talent of being more than just a bench player but was very useful before Injuries Destroyed him and as for Jeffren, seemed useful at one point and scored the Manita but again never really seen him more than just a squad player.

Think Munir can be added to the list as well, looked good during his younger years but like Adama he was apart of that terrible Barca B team that was poorly managed and his development stagnated and went from being a top prospect to just being an average-good talent. Seems like Sevilla and below is his level now and he's not doing to bad over there.
Totally forgot about Munir! Another one in a sad list of young and hyped L/RFWs that didn't make it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A 16 year deemed good enough for one of the big clubs in world football, yet our youngsters dont seem to be afforded the same luxury. Where the feck is Gomes? Why is he,Chong and Greenwood not starting. They cant be anymore shitter than Staic, Mata, Lingard and Perriera
Posts like these need binning!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wish the mods would have binned you back in 2008. Would have saved a lot of having a headache reading your 21000 posts of poop
Aaah! Thank you for reading all my posts:lol:

Nothing more to add, seeing you spitting out your dummy is hilarious

TheReligion

Abusive
Why won't you stop moaning like a little bitch? If only we all had the answers..

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Because they're not yet ready, probably.

Elite Intelligence

Supports
Arsenal
This is a superstar in the making. Messi is passing the torch to this kid. Barcelona team knows how talented and special he is. It's similar when Ronaldinho won the FIFA POY and said during an interview that he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Barcelona have found their replacement for Messi.

ZAKU-RED

Supports
Barcelona
He's very talented no doubt but I'm going to be patient with him before labeling him the replacement for Messi.

He's a good kid, works hard in training and on the pitch as well. Just needs to keep his head straight and not let the hype get to him and I'm sure he will be fine.

meamth

This is that one season when we have binned all the deadwoods in attack, and 5 out of 60+ games into the season you're saying we didn't give anyone a chance. Dumb post.

Bin this post.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Gotta love the false equivalents here. Just because barca have a 16 year old good enough to get some games, doesn't mean that United's youngsters are therefore also good enough to get game time.

Schneckerl

A 16 year deemed good enough for one of the big clubs in world football, yet our youngsters dont seem to be afforded the same luxury. Where the feck is Gomes? Why is he,Chong and Greenwood not starting.
I don't understand this reasoning. Have you considered they just might not be as good as Fati?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is a superstar in the making. Messi is passing the torch to this kid. Barcelona team knows how talented and special he is. It's similar when Ronaldinho won the FIFA POY and said during an interview that he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Barcelona have found their replacement for Messi.
He's that exceptional?

I've only seen highlights and in those he did look excellent especially for a 16 year old. But given I haven't seen full games I'm not sure he's a freakish talent (not just relative to age) - whether he's an Mbappe or a Mane.

Madzik_92

Strange thing to hope for.
Just frustated with Ole by not giving him proper chance to Gomes. He needs to play as No10 not a left winger. But it is better for him to leave if Ole does not rate him tbh

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I think the main point here that most are missing while comparing Fati’s situation to Greenwood for example is that Barcelona’s overall situation is more stable than ours so they can accommodate bringing in a 16 year old kid while we can’t just thrust Mason into our current set up. It’s not a talent thing, Mason is every bit as talented and will get his time but the situations are different so no point comparing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think people are kinda missing the fact that barcelona are playing him because they have no one else

Schneckerl

I think people are kinda missing the fact that barcelona are playing him because they have no one else
It's possible that they had Fati as a potential backup in mind already when they got rid off Malcom... or I might give Barca managment too much credit here and it was just dumb luck.

Bloedrood

That’s quite an interesting list, I’ve heard good things about Naci Unuvar.
Naci looks very promising, such a creative player, biggest talent at Ajax, turned 16 a few months ago. Trained with Ajax's first team for the first time last week, will probably make his debut sometime this season.

fck

Supports
Bayern
I read that Spain NT is trying to lure him away from Guinea Bissau. Hopefully this shit comes to an end.
"Then he settled in Herrera, a nearby town, where Ansu would spend most of his childhood and where he would get his football enlightenment training in CDF Herrera and Sevilla FC." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansu_Fati

you make it sound like he arrived in spain last year but according to Wikipedia he grew up there so what's wrong with him playing for spain? For me he is a spanish footballer because he learned his trade there.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Imagine being this kid. World at his feet right now.

Shotgun first pun when he retires and puts a bit of weight on.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's possible that they had Fati as a potential backup in mind already when they got rid off Malcom... or I might give Barca managment too much credit here and it was just dumb luck.
Messi, Suarez and Dembele all injured. Neymar was supposed to come in but they couldn't make it happen

Fati wasn't part of the plans for this season. A lucky confluence of events for him

JohnnyKills

I read that Spain NT is trying to lure him away from Guinea Bissau. Hopefully this shit comes to an end.
Imagine they'll try the same trick with Kang-in Lee too. And any other young talents who come over from Africa and Asia.

Anustart89

Chant for when he scores a screamer:

Boom, Fati, boom boom
Boom Fati boom boom.

SAFMUTD

To all the ones comparing his situation with Greenwood and Gomes, while I agree that they should get a lot more game time, specially Gomes, the situation it’s not the same.

Barcelona is a well run club, they know what style they play since the academy so that makes it easier for Fati to join the team and know what to do, without mentioning that the team has exceptional players that deliver week in and week out. Our situation is not even close.

Cait Sith

16, incredible. He actually needs the permit of his parents to play after 9 PM. :lol:

If he were 21 and an inconsistent winger like Dembélé it would be still acceptable and totally fine but that's in 5 years. :eek:

If he players tomorrow against Dortmund and scores ...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Gotta love the false equivalents here. Just because barca have a 16 year old good enough to get some games, doesn't mean that United's youngsters are therefore also good enough to get game time.
We have youngsters who IMO could potentially be be better than the likes of Lingard and Pereira if given a run of games. It's not beyond the realms of possibility because the bar is set so low currently.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just frustated with Ole by not giving him proper chance to Gomes. He needs to play as No10 not a left winger. But it is better for him to leave if Ole does not rate him tbh
How the feck would any of us know if he rates him or not? Or what his plans are for him this season?

Have some patience.

fck

Supports
Bayern
Imagine they'll try the same trick with Kang-in Lee too. And any other young talents who come over from Africa and Asia.
Kang-in Lee plays for South Korea according to google.

Anyway I find it strange that you both don't want players, like for example Sterling to play for England? Why is this?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
"It would be too much pressure to start a youngster at United"

"It would mentally destroy a kid starting for us, best bring him in slowly via the Europa League"

"Scholes and Beckham were 19/20 before they got games"
Beckham needed loan moves to develop and
Scholes didn’t develop as quickly as the others at the time. Can’t say we were wrong can you?

There is a reason 16 year olds rarely start for first teams so to use this example, where he’s played one match as a united bashing tool is just bizarre

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Beckham needed loan moves to develop and
Scholes didn’t develop as quickly as the others at the time. Can’t say we were wrong can you?

There is a reason 16 year olds rarely start for first teams so to use this example, where he’s played one match as a united bashing tool is just bizarre
I'm not asking for a 16 year old to start games for us, so not sure where you got that from.

Scholes was a forward coming through the ranks at United with "top class' players infront of him, so it was pretty normal Fergie was gonna bide his time bringing him through.

Beckham was a CM at youth level from what I remember from the good old days at the Cliffe and wasn't gonna dislodge the likes of Keane and Ince straight away due to those players being 'top class'

In our current state we have the likes of Lingard, Pereira and Mata occupying positions that IMO could be upgraded by the younger lads. The aforementioned players are hardly 'top class' either, with one in particular not contributing a single G/A in the current Calendar year to date. Which is quite shocking for a team with our aspirations IMO.

Last edited:

JohnnyKills

Kang-in Lee plays for South Korea according to google.

Anyway I find it strange that you both don't want players, like for example Sterling to play for England? Why is this?
Don't think Kang-in has played a full game for South Korea yet has he? May be wrong on that.

Not sure what you mean by not wanting players?