Ansu Fati

pascell

He had a bad knee injury didn't he that he went against the advice of having surgery and carried on playing through for Barcelona, I think that is impacting him this season.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This guy has to be one of the disappointments of the season.

He started ONE premier league game since November.

I assume De Zerbi never wanted him. Was also said he couldn't get in because Mitoma was in that position. Mitoma's barely played since Xmas.

Guess he'll just go back to Barca and be re-integrated into their squad as wasn't so long ago he was a potential elite talent for club and country.
Definitely a disappointment, but he did his hamstring in November and was out until February when he was eased back in with 2 or 3 sub appearances. Then he got a start against Wolves but was incredibly underwhelming at the same time Enciso began to come back, he actually came on for Fati at that Wolves game at the end of Feb and has been preferred to Fati since.

De Zerbi definitely wanted him, he was signed as emergency cover for Enciso when he did his meniscus back in August and was ruled out for at least 6 months. Our board have been very clear that they don't like bringing in players on loan as they don't like developing players for other clubs, so Fati was an exception. The only other one I can think of that we've done is Colwill.

But in a season where March, Mitoma, Pedro and Ferguson have all been out for considerable lengths of time, he's been a disappointment.