Film Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Jev

It wasn't.
Yeah, it was. In terms of pure popcorn flick entertainment they were consistently very good, plus an impressive feat of storytelling to weave together that many characters and threads.

bucky

Yeah, it was. In terms of pure popcorn flick entertainment they were consistently very good, plus an impressive feat of storytelling to weave together that many characters and threads.
Yeah, Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, all very good movies :lol:. There is no difference in terms of quality between this Ant-Man movie and those average movies that came before.

Jev

Yeah, Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, all very good movies :lol:. There is no difference in terms of quality between this Ant-Man movie and those average movies that came before.
Endgame, Infinity War, Avengers 1, Guardians 1, Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, Homecoming, Black Panther, Thor 3, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man 1, Ultron was underrated too. All very well-made blockbuster movies, unless you just want to dismiss all things superhero. The drop in quality is undeniable.

bucky

Endgame, Infinity War, Avengers 1, Guardians 1, Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, Homecoming, Black Panther, Thor 3, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man 1, Ultron was underrated too. All very well-made blockbuster movies, unless you just want to dismiss all things superhero. The drop in quality is undeniable.
There is nothing underrated about Ultron. Both Whedon Avengers movies aren't very good. They just live off being the first to do it. Doctor Strange is a stretch, too. I like the movie, but I like these movies in general, but it's nothing more than your average origin story. Same with the first Ant-Man.

arthurka

Paul Rudd and that girl from Lost what could go wrong. Pfeiffer looks in fine form. Best thing about this is the running time.

Sylar

Enjoyed that, rudd is great for the role.

The daughters story was decent and Kang was great. Well the actor is

hobbers

The drop off in quality, writing, characters etc since Endgame has been enormous but very welcome. A nice long heat death in store.

Dont see myself watching any marvel film at the cinema until Deadpool 3, and dont really count that as part of MCM.

MiceOnMeth

I still enjoy these movies but I think Marvel is having a hard time finding replacements for Evans and RDJ as the faces of the franchise.

bucky

I still enjoy these movies but I think Marvel is having a hard time finding replacements for Evans and RDJ as the faces of the franchise.
Chadwick Boseman was probably supposed to be one.

dinostar77

Chadwick had onnscreen charisma, RDJ has it in spades on screen.

Dont disagree that chadwick could have ended up being one of the leaders and faces of the franchise.

Sylar

I think this is a great point. Losing them both at the same time and losing one of the replacements unfortunately was not good. Screen presence makes a huge difference to the movies. Hemsworth wasn't used well since probably infinity wars (endgame I thought he was put to the side as he would be a focus going on)

pascell

Phase 4 into Phase 5 sounds like when United lose going into an international break, to only go and lose the game after the international break.

MiceOnMeth

Phase 4 into Phase 5 sounds like when United lose going into an international break, to only go and lose the game after the international break.
:lol: :lol: those were dark times I don't think the MCU is that bad... Yet

pascell

:lol: :lol: those were dark times I don't think the MCU is that bad... Yet
Let's hope they don't reach those levels!

It's a hard task to keep the levels up after the movies leading into and the Avengers movie itself but the latest Thor film hasn't helped, that needed to be much better.

When's the next Spiderman film out?

dinostar77

Let's hope they don't reach those levels!

It's a hard task to keep the levels up after the movies leading into and the Avengers movie itself but the latest Thor film hasn't helped, that needed to be much better.

When's the next Spiderman film out?
Alledgedly xmas 2024.

Captain america is going to be interesting one anthony mackie as captain america has huge boots to fill.

Phase 5 (2023-2024):
Antman quantumania
GOTG 3
The Marvels
Captian America new world order
Thunderbolt
Blade
Spiderman 4

Phase 6 (2025-2026):
Deadpool 3
Fantastic four
The Avengers: Kang Dynasty
The Avengers: Secret Wars

MiceOnMeth

The one thing that can save the MCU is the nostalgia cameofest they can have with the Kang wars. People will flock to the cinema just to see who they bring back. Iron man, Cap, the original X-Men, maybe even Thanos fighting alongside the Avengers. It will be pretty wild seeing all the different team ups they can do.

pascell

Alledgedly xmas 2024.

Captain america is going to be interesting one anthony mackie as captain america has huge boots to fill.

Phase 5 (2023-2024):
Antman quantumania
GOTG 3
The Marvels
Captian America new world order
Thunderbolt
Blade
Spiderman 4

Phase 6 (2025-2026):
Deadpool 3
Fantastic four
The Avengers: Kang Dynasty
The Avengers: Secret Wars
Thanks regarding the spiderman release date.

Regarding the bold, they're massive as CA was a lot of peoples favourite but I think the TV series has helped build his character well.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The drop off in quality, writing, characters etc since Endgame has been enormous but very welcome. A nice long heat death in store.

Dont see myself watching any marvel film at the cinema until Deadpool 3, and dont really count that as part of MCM.
What about Fantastic 4 next year?

ChrisNelson

My 14th visit of the year to the cinema and this film is clear and alone at the bottom of the table.

Boring plot - Marvel have given up on them seemingly - and no excitement at all.

A good film will make you care about the fate of the characters, there was none of that with this film.

Glad they kept it to 2 hours, as others have said because I don't think I could have taken much more by the end.

3/10

muller

Really enjoyed it. Plot was great, sets up next phase well. Great characters, good development through the film.

8/10.

Wolverine

i just normally wait to this stuff to come on disney plus now,
I'll wait for their next "endgame" avengers level of movie for cinema.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Not seen it yet. Don't have high hopes. Do the post credit scenes make it worth it?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Absolute meh. Could have been great but felt the pacing was all over the place, overly cheesy in parts too. Best thing about it was Scott realising at the end he hadn't actually won and it's not exactly a happy ending.

Enjoyed both post credit scenes.

Give it a biased 6/10.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
All the critics said the last Black Panther was good and it was complete and total shite.

All the critics saying this is shite so I have high hopes.

cyberman

All the critics said the last Black Panther was good and it was complete and total shite.

All the critics saying this is shite so I have high hopes.
Sequel was worse. It rode the coattails of emotion that the franchise itself didn’t earn