Anthony Elanga | signs for Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Would be good move for him, he will get regular game time at Everton.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Would be good move for him, he will get regular game time at Everton.
Like Chong earlier -- go to a team where you get lots of playing time and learn. Now Chong is supposedly a player of interest to Luton Town.

RC89

Haven't even seen a hint of a price around this. Hope it's a decent fee although I'm not sure what he'd be worth.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Haven't even seen a hint of a price around this. Hope it's a decent fee although I'm not sure what he'd be worth.
£10-20million?

If we had won the triple, the same player would go for £25-35million.

Ibi Dreams

Has to be 20m.
Ideally would be, but I'd rather we just sell him than keep him because the offer wasn't high enough. There's no point in keeping him, he doesn't have a future with us. Would be pointless and harsh on him, and his value will just decrease the longer he's with us anyway

Devil You Know

I don't think he's PL level at the moment. But Dyche has his own way of playing so maybe Elanga can be an asset in a counter-attacking side. What he lacks in technique he more than makes up for in speed.

£10m seems fair since I doubt he'll be automatic starter. It's a good price for an option off the bench against tired legs.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up. Didn't have the quality to make it here but he always tried his best and he provided us with some excitement during the otherwise dour Ralf era.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think he’s worth 12 million and a generous sell-on. Could have been 15-20 million last summer, but with him doing nothing last season he can’t be as high as that now.

Tarrou

don't care what we get, I'm just glad we're shipping out players who clearly aren't good enough

no disrespect I really like the guy, but it's better for both parties if he leaves and gets games

Borussia Teeth

Has to be 20m.
If we sold him last summer then yes. Maybe even 25m. He had a decent season under Ralf. We never sell youngsters when they're hot though.

This summer 10m seems ok to me. We don't wanna end up being stuck with him and his value further decreasing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I saw a journo saying more like 8m on twitter. I don't rate Elanga but has to be a joke surely?

mikeyt

Given age and potential surely this has to be £15million.

DanClancy

Would have thought closer to £15m for a 21 year old forward with 12 caps for Sweden with nearly 40 premier league appearances.

Idxomer

The time of getting more money for him was last summer when he was first choice under Rangnick

massey

Good move for both parties you can't honestly say when ever he was introduced into the team it made us better but hopefully he does something at everton and has a successful career.

OverratedOpinion

This is just one of those signings that makes sense for all sides. I think he'd do well for them.

Born2Lose

Hope it works out for him, probably not good enough for a team with United's ambitions, but a good lad who always turned up when called upon.

Santos J

He barely played last year. We’d be lucky to get over £10 million.
Aye the time to sell for anything decent was probably last summer, he played about 500 minutes for us all season. £10m isn't awful with some % clause in there.

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'd love to see another Scandinavian make it at United, but unfortunately, Elanga isn't it.
He's a very good footballer that will have a good career, but not good enough for United.
At his age he needs to play regularily, so this move will do him well, i think it's a club right for his level.

Zlatattack

Good for him. He will get limited game time for us, he's broken through, at this stage in his career he needs to play regularly to develop. Could be a tidy player in the future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think our fans tend to overstate how much we should be getting for transfers, but a 21 year old with over 35 PL appearances and double digit national team caps — transfer fee really should be the mid to high 10s. Low 20s if we had a better rep in the market.

I reckon we’ll settle for around £10-12m with a sell-on clause.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
City would get 15-20m for him and that’s exactly what we should be asking for.

hobbers

Hasn't played enough football over the last year or more to be worth more than £10m.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
10m and a chunky sell on fee, would be fine. Everyone seems to say he's shit anyway, so what do they expect.

sugar_kane

I like Elanga I think he will be great. He was really good under Ole, just wasn't a Ten Hag favorite. Would rather see him go on loan.
I must have missed those games. One of the least inspiring youth players to break into the first team in years tbh.

Besides didn't he mostly get game time under Rangnick? Most of his apps came in 21/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.