2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Drz

I have figured out the issue with Martial. It's the black coloured shoes he sometimes plays in. He always looks like he is on skating shoes when wearing those, and eventually gets injured.
Burn those and he should be fine.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Still the same issues but at least he was productive and showed a bit more grit. If he only would push himself more, same for Rashford
I don't think Rashford's issue is pushing himself more cause he did that last year.

Something else is going on there.

tomaldinho1

I don't think Rashford's issue is pushing himself more cause he did that last year.

Just isn't as rapid as he was, I think it's that simple. As an FB you know what he'll try and do but now they have more chance of keeping up with him, getting a toe in or just shielding him from getting around them. Plus he's rock bottom confidence.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

Rashford loses the ball and stands still, or runs blindly, slightly unmotivated into defenders. That for me is not pushing enough

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Rashford loses the ball and stands still, or runs blindly, slightly unmotivated into defenders. That for me is not pushing enough
It's obvious he's not giving everything but it's obvious it's more than just a lack of form.

USREDEVIL

I gave Martial MOTM. I know i'm crazy but he scored one nicely and then caused the other goal by making a good run. Mainoo was really good too.

always_hoping

Man United all time top goal scorers against Everton.

Martial 9
Law 8
Giggs 8
Solskjaer 7
Van Nistelrooy 6
Ronaldo 6

Pass and Move

He's such a frustrating player, even ignoring his injuries. Clearly has immense talent but just doesn't even do the basics of a CF role. For Garnacho's goal on Sunday, Martial should have been bursting to get between the defender and Pickford as that's where Dalot's cross 'should' have gone and there was ample space.

Belisarius

He's such a frustrating player, even ignoring his injuries. Clearly has immense talent but just doesn't even do the basics of a CF role. For Garnacho's goal on Sunday, Martial should have been bursting to get between the defender and Pickford as that's where Dalot's cross 'should' have gone and there was ample space.
I just watched Garnacho's goal again and you're absolutely right. Hojlund would have tried to get in that gap. When he's healthy Martial does good work with inter-play and his hold-up play isn't too bad. But, he just doesn't have that "fox in the box" ability around the 6 yard box that really successful strikers all have.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's lost his pace and explosiveness, and he turns like a truck now, likely due to all the injuries, but he's still got the technical quality in his game.
Yep. The mobility is totally gone - the injuries have totally worn him down. Still has fantastic close control and dribbling, but it's not enough.

Looking ahead to next season - he should probably look to move to a side/league where he can play as a second striker in, hovering in that middle phase with someone doing the running for him.

ti vu

I'm surprised there are so many recent players on the list given how long both United and Everton have been around.
The longer you go back, the stronger Everton was. I meant when SAF took over, Everton got more league titles than us, and was still regular title contenders back in the later mid 80s. While our rivalry with Liverpool was more prominent, Scouse and Manchester rivalry was still a thing between Everton and us too. So of course, it was harder for older weaker generation of our players to score against stronger Everton. And it would took some special player like Dennis Law to do so.

Martial has immerse natural talent too. Just not making the most of it. Everton for some reasons is his favorite opposition.

arnie_ni

People have been saying for years that we play our best football with him in the team.
Depends which martial turns up. There's no doubt when he's been at his top level he's been one of our best players these past whatever years. He's just not consistent enough. Or fit enough for that matter

Raven

Depends which martial turns up. There's no doubt when he's been at his top level he's been one of our best players these past whatever years. He's just not consistent enough. Or fit enough for that matter
Unless he's having a proper stinker, usually due to rustiness after an injury lay off, he just helps the team control the match a little better in the attacking third. He does the basics very well even whilst having a quiet game.

Belisarius

The longer you go back, the stronger Everton was. I meant when SAF took over, Everton got more league titles than us, and was still regular title contenders back in the later mid 80s. While our rivalry with Liverpool was more prominent, Scouse and Manchester rivalry was still a thing between Everton and us too. So of course, it was harder for older weaker generation of our players to score against stronger Everton. And it would took some special player like Dennis Law to do so.

Martial has immerse natural talent too. Just not making the most of it. Everton for some reasons is his favorite opposition.
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He stands out in the final third as he has composure and technique in abundance. Should have been played in on different occasions by Pellistri and McTominay.

UnitedRepublic

One of the few intelligent players in the squad.
Exactly when McTominay goes for shoots whenever he can instead of looking for the pass , Dalot ignores you and try to dribble past 2-3 defenders in the box, Dalot ignores your run in the box and you’re ahead of your defender. Pellestri is looking for curlers aswell what are you meant to do no wonder you lose faith in your teammates and look angry because players that are doing things they shouldn’t be doing are messing up attacks he should be involved in.

Idxomer

Exactly when McTominay goes for shoots whenever he can instead of looking for the pass , Dalot ignores you and try to dribble past 2-3 defenders in the box, Dalot ignores your run in the box and you’re ahead of your defender. Pellestri is looking for curlers aswell what are you meant to do no wonder you lose faith in your teammates and look angry because players that are doing things they shouldn’t be doing are messing up attacks he should be involved in.
Yep, it was a waste of time for him yet he kept making the right pass every time he got the ball.

PoTMS

He's such a lazy cnut. Walking around as if he's played all game.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Shouldnt replace Højlund so early, we lost our hold up play. Should have come on for Garnacho or Antony
Lost it? It improved. Martial kept the ball and passed it on every time he got it. He was composed and played well. Got into two decent chances but didn't receive the pass.

Pirlo'sBeard

He should have been slipped in at least twice. Looked our most composed player. Least of our worries.

PoTMS

Jesus Christ, you're coming in hot. He's just had a decent cameo and this is your reaction?
Maybe harsh. But his laziness is beyond belief. I don't think he played well. Standards are on the floor if so.

Andersonson

Jeez. It’s clearly Onana’s fault.
Its on both of them. Why dont he head the ball away? Why duck so close to the goal? Onana should save it , no question, but Martial should most definitely clear that ball away. You dont let that ball pass