2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Red00012

Have we an option on a plus 1 contract at the end of the season or is his contract expiring ?
Can’t wait to see the back of him because of the bigfat contract we gave him he’s checked out years ago .

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
One thing that really bothers me about Martial is how he can be subbed on in the 80th minute and then have the audacity to glance over his shoulder pointing at his teammates to join him in the press, whilst ambling along himself. Like it's not worth him breaking a sweat if it's potentially 'wasted' effort.

If everybody took this approach we'd really be in the shit.

Lastwolf

Have we an option on a plus 1 contract at the end of the season or is his contract expiring ?
Can’t wait to see the back of him because of the bigfat contract we gave him he’s checked out years ago .
Yes, but I think the chances of selling him in the next 18 months are pretty slim for any decent money as he's on quite high wages, I don't really think he's done enough to warrant a new contract. Possibly best not to extend at this rate.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When you see his finishing you wonder where it all went wrong for him.

RuudtheRed

Give Martial the ball in the box and he can conjure up some magic! He either (A) disappears or (B) creates a goal out of nothing...just hope to see more of the latter. He was not so involved today but he displayed his intelligence and made a difference for sure.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
His goal was funny. Watch him after he lays it off in midfield. I don't think he even breaks into a sprint. Just jogs his way up into the box unimpeded.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Every now and then you still see glimpses of his class. It's a shame he became so injury prone.

Jev

Always feel a tinge of sadness these days when he comes up with a moment of quality like that, because it’s a reminder of how insanely talented he is/was, and how good he could have been if things had gone differently.

mu4c_20le

Very happy for him. The finishing is still there.

Time to revive the MMM

MattofManchester

He's lost his pace and explosiveness, and he turns like a truck now, likely due to all the injuries, but he's still got the technical quality in his game.

Bobski

His goal was funny. Watch him after he lays it off in midfield. I don't think he even breaks into a sprint. Just jogs his way up into the box unimpeded.
McT actually made a good run there to freeze the CB.

InfiniteBoredom

Worth pointing out that our two best score line this season is with him in the starting line up.

Didn’t have the best game like the rest of the team (bar Mainoo) but came up with the goods.

Stadjer

People had their confirmation bias in full force claiming he didnt do anything. He won a lot of headers when the ball was blasted forward. I dont think he looked worse than Hojlund when Hojlund plays CF. It is just very hard to be a good CF in this team. Balls are blasted towards you, Rashford prefers to not pass towards you and Bruno likes to give impossible passes that often arent realistic for the striker to reach.

Certainly didnt play a perfect game and some moment i want him to do better but he ended the game with a penalty won and a goal. Decent game from Martial. Eventhough i still think he isnt anywhere near the player he should have become. Such a shame.

Jeffthered

Don't you even dare to renew his contract!

I'm not even hearing that!
Exactly. I can't believe people seem to forget this man has been at the club 8 years +. Have to move on from him. The fact that you're judging him against this Everton team, says a lot about Martial.

Superunknown

His goal was great. We basically just need to keep him in the box and get him to do that. Forget anything else.

flappyjay

Exactly. I can't believe people seem to forget this man has been at the club 8 years +. Have to move on from him. The fact that you're judging him against this Everton team, says a lot about Martial.
Has anyone actually suggested he get a contract?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lovely finish by Martial today, capped off a good performance. His hold up wasn't bad. Ball, mostly, stuck to his feet. Made good runs. If I have any criticism of him its that he should be in the box more when the ball's wide. However, if he hasn't learned that in the best part of a decade, I doubt that'll ever happen. If he can stay fit, and be a reliable source of goals, that'd help us a lot.

Sgreddevil

Reminder from the goal that he is still one of the best in business when it comes to one-on-one situation.
Pity that we were not able to realise his potential.

RedIan

Anonymous first half but at the end of the day the centre forwards job is to score.. He won a pen and scored another. Thats his job. Great finish too. Hope he can kick on.

OL29

Gary Neville calling him a diver pissed me off. A complete fabrication imo and he only does this nonsense for certain players.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ashley Young took that bait like butterfly peacock bass.

At times genuinely smart moves without overdoing it. (I'm talking to you, Rashy :lol:)

Walters_19_MuFc

Still our best finisher, in my opinion. Ice cold when he's one vs one. I actually started celebrating before he even had his shot. That's how confident I was. Goal aside, I think his hold and link play was lacking. Something he's usually good at but he was up against two physical monsters in Tarkowski and Branthwaite and I felt he struggled at times.

statpadder

I counted atleast 12 instances where he was in a good position asking for the ball and never got it.

No striker at Utd will flourish if we just ignore them.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Gary Neville calling him a diver pissed me off. A complete fabrication imo and he only does this nonsense for certain players.
Right? He said something like his reputation preceded him. Don't remember Martial even being caught diving in his career let alone getting tagged with having a reputation.

OL29

Right? He said something like his reputation preceded him. Don't remember Martial even being caught diving in his career let alone getting tagged with having a reputation.
It’s just lazy stereotyping of a player he dislikes.