2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

OverratedOpinion

He was pretty good, his link up play is the best in our squad.

We lose some intensity pressing but our pressing is so disjointed it generally just sees the opposition pass it around until we leave someone in loads of space to run at our back four anyway.

Maybe we shouldn't press and just sit deep then counter. Worked a lot better under Ole than what we are seeing now. Scored loads of really good goals and finished high in the league ect.

flappyjay

Maybe harsh. But his laziness is beyond belief. I don't think he played well. Standards are on the floor if so.
What standards putting his teammates through and then getting himself in a position to shoot only to see these clowns go for glory.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well as he played, he needs to head that ball away for the second. Poor from Onana, but I wouldn’t say the ball ‘beat’ Martial. It wasn’t too high to head. At best, he mistimed it, at worst - he ducked it.

Lentwood

Sums up why he's not a top player there. Cameo was OK but blew his big chance, taking far too long. We've seen that over and over again from him. Too many touches, not enough killer instinct.

flappyjay

Pretty sure he tried and it was just out of reach.

You Martial haters don't half do some mental gymnastics to find a way to hate him. There are plenty of reasons, you don't need to make them up. He was very decent when he came on today and that goal was 100% Onana's fault (and Bruno a little for giving away needless fouls).
The feck, read what I posted but slowly.

OverratedOpinion

https://cazn.in/m/7a5e71

You dont think he should head that away?
Pretty sure he tried but it was just out of reach.

You Martial haters don't half do some mental gymnastics to find a way to hate him. There are plenty of reasons, you don't need to make them up. He was very decent when he came on today and that goal was 100% Onana's fault (and Bruno a little for giving away needless fouls).

Andersonson

Pretty sure he tried but it was just out of reach.

Haters? What are you smoking...
Saying he should head that ball away isnt hatred. What a weird take

OverratedOpinion

Haters? What are you smoking...
Saying he should head that ball away isnt hatred. What a weird take
You are grasping at straws trying to blame him for a goal that was in no way his fault or even close.

Given the general mood in this thread it is a pretty fair assumption.

UnitedRepublic

He will be in Barcelona next season as a free agent and he will play football with people that can and want to pass a ball just watch and see.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sums up why he's not a top player there. Cameo was OK but blew his big chance, taking far too long. We've seen that over and over again from him. Too many touches, not enough killer instinct.
I think that’s far from the reality. He did the right thing. Naive, inexperienced players are the ones who just keep shooting with a defender sliding in front of you to block it. The composure to take another touch and lose the defender is what separates top players from the others. It didn’t work tonight, but he’s shown on enough occasions that he is capable of being calm in the midst of chaos and taking a chance.

Jev

He was really good when he came on. Think he should start the next game, looks to be hitting some form, and Højlund could probably use a couple of games out of the spotlight to ease the pressure.

AngliaRed

Should of been moved on 2/3 seasons ago.

Criminal hes still at the club.

Did City keep Dzeko this long? Liverpool keep Carroll?

No good clubs move players on.

Devil81

Should of been moved on 2/3 seasons ago.

Criminal hes still at the club.

Did City keep Dzeko this long? Liverpool keep Carroll?

No good clubs move players on.
I know Martial hasn't been amazing but please don't compare him to Carroll!!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He should have started today and should start against Newcastle. Thst chance though; nothing wrong in faking a shot but you must score that kind of chance. Shoot on sight, lob, dribble....striker's choice what to do but you must score that.

Andersonson

You are grasping at straws trying to blame him for a goal that was in no way his fault or even close.

Given the general mood in this thread it is a pretty fair assumption.
I actually blamed it on Onana, but Martial was poor too. Martial should head it away and Onana has to save those. Simple

Only just noticed that. What the feck is he doing?!
Hiding from taking responsibility apparently. Poor defending that

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought at the time he struggled with the intensity when he came on. That limp attempt at a defensive header summed up his attitude when he first came on.

That being said, I felt he grew into the game and started holding the ball up and moving it on really well for counters. Should have probably scored or at least had an assist. Better than Hojlund tonight in my eyes and probably deserves to start against Newcastle.

statpadder

Nothing funny with what he said. If Martial is fit, he would be excellent in a passing team like Barca or Dortmund.

15 times I have literally counted ffs. 15 times he was in a good position in the last two games and didn’t receive the pass. We are the worst, selfish, individualistic side in the PL full of prima donas going for glory. Football is simpler than that.

youngrell

I actually blamed it on Onana, but Martial was poor too. Martial should head it away and Onana has to save those. Simple

Hiding from taking responsibility apparently. Poor defending that
Is it possible he got a shout from the keeper or someone else? It was a strange way to turn his head right at the last second.

Andersonson

Is it possible he got a shout from the keeper or someone else? It was a strange way to turn his head right at the last second.
The commentors said it didn't seem like Onana was shouting anything, but they might be wrong. Doesn't looks like it from the replays I've seen either though

Red00012

Just seen the image of that shot that he took and 2 players all alone if he bothered to look up . :mad:

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Just seen the image of that shot that he took and 2 players all alone if he bothered to look up . :mad:
This is the equivalent of slowing a tackle down in VAR to make it worse than it was.

Watch the video and see the moment Martial dummies, the defender gets a toe to it and the ball ricochets back off his shin. The screengrab you are seeing is when Martial doesn't have control of the ball.

Newcastle 1:0 Man Utd

Zoo

The gall of this guy to try and argue against Ten Hag for calling him out for his laziness.