2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Zico1982

Martial did ok today, and he was also one of the better performers against Galatasaray. That does not mean, that I want him to start or anything. I want him to be sold asap, but fair is fair....

Andy_Cole

I think starting him or Garnacho over Rashford would be clever. I think Rashford would do well coming off the bench when legs are tired. Get his confidence up.

city-puma

I found his body shape is much better now from yesterday’s game. His weight seems reduced by 10lbs at least. Maybe, he can finally leave the injury issues behind.

C'est Moi Cantona

I found his body shape is much better now from yesterday’s game. His weight seems reduced by 10lbs at least. Maybe, he can finally leave the injury issues behind.
I think him coming on as a sub in most games and then playing just 20 minutes or so suits him well.

Ten Hag has maybe found the key to motivating him to stay fit.

3KDré

Something off about our strength and conditioning team. I think our players are just left to their own devices with it hence why we saw Lukaku and Memphis's weight balloon and as soon as they left they were told to lose weight. Same with Martinez who recently gained weight. Shaw's weight fluctuates too and any time he's changed weight it's almost always down to him hiring a personal coach - ditto Rashford.

Last edited:

city-puma

Something off about our strength and conditioning team. I think our players are just left to their own devices with it hence why we saw Lukaku and Memphis's weight balloon and as soon as they left they were told to lose weight. Same with Martinez who recently gained weight. Shaw's weight fluctuates too and any time he's changed weight it's almost always down to him hiring a personal coach - ditto Rashford.
Remember the rumors that ETH hands out the food plan tailored for every individual player. Martial is the beneficiary of it?

Lyng

Didnt really do anything right today. Constantly made the wrong runs and passes.

The Hilton

Very poor cameo, had some nice moments holding on to the ball under pressure as always but his passing was rubbish, he was slow to press too which wasted a few golden turnover opportunities

Stadjer

He looked faster and more mobile again.. but still nowhere near young Martial. He couldnt get away from his man near the end of the game. Young Martial would have had no issue with that.

Bwuk

I just can’t be arsed with him anymore.

If Hojlund needs subbed I’d rather just stick McTominay at 9.

Man Utd 1:0 FC Copenhagen

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d like to see him play as a 10 behind Hojlund to see how it goes. He will have less spectacular passes than Bruno, but he has some other qualities which we sorely lack in that role too. The ability to take the ball in in tight spaces, spin away from players to make space, play quick one-twos with the players around him. I think he can add some fluidity in the final third, and I think can also get assists with some short , clever passes. I think his qualities, on the ball anyway, would compliment those around him. I’d like to see it, even for half an hour off the bench.

UnitedRepublic

He comes on with 10 minutes left or whatever it was and immediately looks exhausted.
He comes on with 4 minutes left and is pressing from his position he’s not gonna press all the way into defence there are positions. By that time he came on we only played hoof ball.

Pickle85

I’d like to see him play as a 10 behind Hojlund to see how it goes. He will have less spectacular passes than Bruno, but he has some other qualities which we sorely lack in that role too. The ability to take the ball in in tight spaces, spin away from players to make space, play quick one-twos with the players around him. I think he can add some fluidity in the final third, and I think can also get assists with some short , clever passes. I think his qualities, on the ball anyway, would compliment those around him. I’d like to see it, even for half an hour off the bench.
He's absolutely done as a footballer and the sooner we stop trying to pretend otherwise, the better. I know we are very thin up top but he is still not the answer in my opinion.

Man Utd 0:3 Man City

ToToMarshall

He looks totally shot mentally and all the zip of his game has gone. He can't move. I still think there's something worth trying to get out of him buried in there, but I worry that given how crap the rest of the squad are playing, we can't really afford to throw on another player hoping he might turn things around.

I'll always love him though.

UnitedRepublic

He looks totally shot mentally and all the zip of his game has gone. He can't move. I still think there's something worth trying to get out of him buried in there, but I worry that given how crap the rest of the squad are playing, we can't really afford to throw on another player hoping he might turn things around.

I'll always love him though.
Anyone would look shot coming on everytime we’re a goal/goals down simple as. To top it off only getting 5 minutes aswell doesn’t matter amature or pro it’s all the same feeling.

Last edited:

ToToMarshall

He never was afforded the excuse that

Anyone would look shot coming on everytime we’re a goal/goals down simple as. Too top it off only getting 5 minutes aswell doesn’t matter amature or pro it’s all the same feeling.
I don't disagree. I want to see him get a proper shot this season - see what level he's at and whether keeping him the past the summer would be worthwhile, but he needs a bit more than the pointless <10 minute cameos.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't disagree. I want to see him get a proper shot this season - see what level he's at and whether keeping him the past the summer would be worthwhile, but he needs a bit more than the pointless <10 minute cameos.
FFS it's like Groundhog Day over here

ti vu

It's past that point already. We're keeping him because nobody pays any kind of decent fee for him which prevent us to we sign a proper forward either to start ahead of inexperienced Hojlund, or just back up to HojLund.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Really sad watching him play nowadays. Love the player but his body is just done. That chance he had in the 1st half where it looked like he was running in Lukaku's timerberland boots. The guy is done.
August 28

Can't fault him. His body is done. The guy looks like he's running on 1 leg.
September 3

Nothing has changed.

el3mel

What the freaking hell this guy is still doing here is beyond me. How did he manage to last this long in the club ?

SB16

In amongst all the doom and gloom, I’ve got to hand it to him for providing some light hearted relief - genuinely hilarious striker “performance”

LInkash

What was that one moment this season when he looked like a decent player? It was weird, like we suddenly had old Martial back for a couple seconds.

Dan_F

I can’t believe he’s in his ninth season here. It’s actually mental.

binary bot
What’s going on in the youth that we can’t find someone to give his minutes to?

There’s no need to even comment on his performances anymore. We know his effort and level, but how is he still getting minutes?