Anthony Martial | Sevilla loan watch

Greck

He was the one who wanted to go there. Could have just played here with us. We really needed one more body after the incident with Mason.
He's foolish for leaving us high and dry and will get a deserved humbling. All our strikers are having the same disasterclass season so he would have gotten some play if he was patient. Instead convinced himself he would be more than a squad player somewhere else. I think these players don't know just how good they had it, maybe a little too good.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
I’m not convinced we’re going to land a striker in the summer so I’m already coming to terms with him starting most games next season…

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This sums it up really. We've got over paid players with no hunger left that can't even star for lower ranked teams.

Martial went there with a fanfare and can't even be bothered a few months later. It seems like he wants to play football at a walking pace, but still be regarded as a top talent. What a waste.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Anelka was much much better player.
Anelka came across in a similar way to Martial (although no one here really knows anything other than what the media writes). But I agree with you, that’s where the comparison ends. Anelka was twice the player Martial is.

Rocknrolla69er

Too many spoilt brats with big egos
Never quite their fault is it, always somebody else's.

Out best chance is Newcastle fancy a shiny new toy as most clubs won't touch him with his wages, similar to other players we have on ridiculously overpaid wages

On the bright side about 5 are ooc this summer..........

Just Rashford and Martial to sell if we cab

Jackal981

Maybe if it smells like shit everywhere you go you should check your own pants right Tony ?

romufc

How ironic, he would have probably got more game time at United

GMoore23

He's starting to remind me more and more of Anelka, always the victim
Anelka played to a high class standard up to the age of around 32. Martial downed tools at 22. There's no comparison here.
Also Anelka was a bigger Cnut than Martial will ever be.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This will happen to Rashford too if he leaves. If he can't find enough passion to put the work in with ManUnited chances are he wouldn't with another team.
Because both him and Martial don't look disinterested with the club but they look disinterested with football.

DSG

Anelka was much much better player.
It’s a really good comp in my opinion. Anelka just over 200 goals in his club career, Tony at just over 100 so far.

It’s truly an indictment on Tony that he’s been underwhelming at Sevilla as well. How did Ole manage to get so much out of him in 19-20?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
God, even they're sick of MartialFC and its only been a couple of months. :lol:

lex talionis

With Greenwood’s football career coming to a premature end, Martial really needs to seize the opportunity to reboot, so to speak, his career when he returns to OT.

United in sin

With Greenwood’s football career coming to a premature end, Martial really needs to seize the opportunity to reboot, so to speak, his career when he returns to OT.
Last dance for Lance Vance.

I think next season could be his last.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
And what are the chances he will do so? He is a mood player and not pushing enough. We really have to get rid

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Apparently his wife left him too, and posted it on her Instagram.

Once you’ve lost the hunger for what you do, there’s no coming back from that. I can’t think of a single example of a player who was amazing, lost it and then became amazing again.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Apparently his wife left him too, and posted it on her Instagram.
Here it is. Seems Martial heard that first line before and took it too literally..

Sometimes to win a race you have to stop running… I’m not used to speaking out about my private life… but for everyone’s happiness and future I have to do it today . There is no such thing as an easy breakup, but it can be done with the utmost respect and modesty on my part. Life together is a long road often strewn with pitfalls. Giving up is not part of my character but this is where our paths diverge. Almost 3 years since we said “yes” I thought for life unfortunately love was not enough. It is impossible for me to put HERE words on what I feel because my pain cannot be written. However, our priority is and will remain the well-being of Swan”.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
there’s more than a few here that’ll be ecstatic that he’s single now. word of caution though, i guarantee he’s a lazy lover.

Trex

Here it is. Seems Martial heard that first line before and took it too literally..

Sometimes to win a race you have to stop running… I’m not used to speaking out about my private life… but for everyone’s happiness and future I have to do it today . There is no such thing as an easy breakup, but it can be done with the utmost respect and modesty on my part. Life together is a long road often strewn with pitfalls. Giving up is not part of my character but this is where our paths diverge. Almost 3 years since we said “yes” I thought for life unfortunately love was not enough. It is impossible for me to put HERE words on what I feel because my pain cannot be written. However, our priority is and will remain the well-being of Swan”.
The second time in his united career?

lex talionis

Once you’ve lost the hunger for what you do, there’s no coming back from that. I can’t think of a single example of a player who was amazing, lost it and then became amazing again.
An interesting observation. There have to be a few examples of a great player having lost it and becoming again, but I can't think of a single example, at least not in any team sport. Sometimes you see a golfer in steep decline pull out one last hurrah over a glorious weekend. But over a season...it's unheard of.

Irwin99

Could be wrong but i doubt we're getting rid of him after this loan, with his wages and his united career is probably dependent on who comes in next (unless a club with more money than sense comes in for him ....you know you want to Newcastle!). Maybe Poch could get him firing again but I read that Erik ten Hag can be pretty uncompromising in what he demands from players.

Devil’s Trident

And now if he returns to United and looks lazy and plays shit as usual, we will hear it’s because his wife left him from Martial fc. He was never this bad, you can see in his body language how depressed he is. He is going through a tough time in life, once he gets over it we will see a different Martial, Reborn.

And when it would be pointed out he’s been this bad for quite a while, the stats of 20 plus goals would be slapped on our faces repeatedly. Suggestions of selling him would be met by giving the label of “most toxic fanbase in the world”.

Conor

Swan :lol:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The explosiveness is gone and change of direction speed is gone. This might be physical even theough he's always been languid and lazy.

I watch all his games at Seville. He still has tight dribbling and nice touch, but he's heavy footed and a step behind.

Green_Red

Considering United are so keen to brief how much they do their background checks on players before signing them, they end up with a lot of half-arsed ones. I wonder who is doing those background checks...
We adopted a strategy of giving players huge contracts somewhere around the time Fergie and Gill left. As if United needed to entice players to come to our club because we pay more than anyone else. Forget the prestige of playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football. At that time we also brought in a lot of average players. I think those big contracts took away a lot of the desire of the players we signed too. Its common in a lot of sports, they say once you hit the big time your hunger for success dwindles. You reap what you sow. The club have created a bunch of overpaid prima Donna's who have achieved nothing except getting paid off a big contract.

United in sin

there’s more than a few here that’ll be ecstatic that he’s single now. word of caution though, i guarantee he’s a lazy lover.
Oh wow. That sounds personal. Was it the sub minute or the refusal to get up and pass the bowl of mille-feuille?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Martial is a very technical and skilled footballer. He also isn't as lazy as some make it seem. He will do the defensive work. His biggest problem is his footballing brain. He doesn't see space. He always wants ball to feet so his off the ball movement is basic. He is too reactionary and doesn't anticipate. Throw in some poor body language and it's easy not to like him...

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Anelka. He completely lost it at one point but he was amazing again with Chelsea late in his career.

Greck

Martial is a very technical and skilled footballer. He also isn't as lazy as some make it seem. He will do the defensive work. His biggest problem is his footballing brain. He doesn't see space. He always wants ball to feet so his off the ball movement is basic. He is too reactionary and doesn't anticipate. Throw in some poor body language and it's easy not to like him...
It's his application that's shite. It doesn't take much brain to run into space or Rashford would find himself running out of the stadium. He is just lazy and can't be arsed to even do a half-jog. Poor application and work ethic is a death sentence for talent.

Last edited:

Tyrion

Sid Lowe said on football weekly that he's been "Pretty much irrelevant. Worse than irrelevant so far". Typically he's fairly positive so Martial must be totally sh!te.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Should have got a pen for Sevilla but it's Barca, so of course no pen.