Anthony Martial | Sevilla loan watch

Red4Life_#7

This move is about the World Cup, when we signed Sanchez 4 years ago JM took Martial out of the team despite his good form and through lack of game time he wasn't selected for the WC. He wants to make sure he plays for his country this year, it's the biggest comp in the world.

This move is good for all parties. He'll come back in the summer a better player for it.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I think personally he will drop even a level deeper eventually, unless he plays in a team that doesn't press at all. Let's hope Primera's tempo will suit him a bit better and someone will notice him so we can sell him and recoup some 10 million. At least it's a team that will be seen in Europe so the chances are there. Good luck to Tonyo.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I wish him good luck and hope he does well so we can sell him at a decent price. I don't want him back because he has too many flaws in his game.

- not a good passer and does not have good insight in the game
- not clinical enough (that chance in last match is a great example, his touch let him down)
- doesn't have a winning mentality and sulks when things don't go well
- I'm guessing here, but I doubt he works on his game with much enthusiasm

His only sustained good play IMO was during restart and he was instrumental in helping us get 3rd. However, he was only good for about 6 or 7 matches.

UncleBob

I wish him good luck and hope he does well so we can sell him at a decent price. I don't want him back because he has too many flaws in his game.

- not clinical enough (that chance in last match is a great example, his touch let him down)

His only sustained good play IMO was during restart and he was instrumental in helping us get 3rd. However, he was only good for about 6 or 7 matches.
:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

First 2 points definitely aren't true.

His passing and link up play was probably his best attribute. His finishing was always known to be clinical, especially in his best season.

Mentality and enthusiasm is definitely lacking, but I think that's what happens when you get too settled and burnt out. He needs a new challenge, this could help.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

His passing and link up play was probably his best attribute. His finishing was always known to be clinical, especially in his best season.

Mentality and enthusiasm is definitely lacking, but I think that's what happens when you get too settled and burnt out. He needs a new challenge, this could help.
Hmmmm. How many times did you see him pass and it's either intercepted or his teammate made a different run or moved? Too many for my tastes. His passing is below average. I always laughed when some of you said he and Rashford are starting to link up well because it was always pretty rare.

If he were clinical he would have more goals. He has 59 goals in a 175 matches in the PL. His high was 17 goals in 2019-20. His average is about 8.5 goals a season and you say he is clinical?

His best technical attribute is he can shoot well with either foot. The problem is he doesn't know how to create space to get his shots off most of the time and his shot is blocked.

Canagel

Good to see that he is still respected outside of England. He is only disrespected and abused here, in the real world he is actually a big name despite what this clubs fanbase like to think.

youngrell

Hmmmm. How many times did you see him pass and it's either intercepted or his teammate made a different run or moved? Too many for my tastes. His passing is below average. I always laughed when some of you said he and Rashford are starting to link up well because it was always pretty rare.

If he were clinical he would have more goals. He has 59 goals in a 175 matches in the PL. His high was 17 goals in 2019-20. His average is about 8.5 goals a season and you say he is clinical?

His best technical attribute is he can shoot well with either foot. The problem is he doesn't know how to create space to get his shots off most of the time and his shot is blocked.
His problem has always been getting into goalscoring positions, rather than his ability to put it in the net when he was in position (although that deserted him last year too).

His passing is a bit more difficult to judge - it is yet another of his skills that seemed to completely desert him in the last 12-18 months. Previously, he was very good at passing, particularly while moving at pace which is very difficult.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Easy to forget that he has some great times here in amongst the massively inconsistent stuff and constant debate about what position he actually is.

Leave it open for a possible return if the new manager insists he can fit him in too.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Good to see that he is still respected outside of England. He is only disrespected and abused here, in the real world he is actually a big name despite what this clubs fanbase like to think.
Yet Real,BarcaBayern, Juventus etc had no interest in signing him.

Sevilla are only ones who seem to want to take a gamble on him for 4 months.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Poor form, @::sonny:: ! Posting a tweet from a city fan who's insulting one of our players. Don't let the dark side consume you!

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
The rest of the world can have him.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I find it funny how all these sensitive tone policemen that were making threads about not abusing players when it was just fair criticism are now slating Martial when he wanted to go and stuck to his line.

Some of the posts in his transfer thread were a joke but what's a bigger joke is the hypocrisy on offer from those same people and some of the staff on this forum.

If Martial was happy to sit on the bench here and pick up the check, they hate him. If he wants to go and play football AND takes a pay cut, they hate him. Impossible to win with some of these people.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: It was a Cameo video. You know, the one's where you pay a famous person to say something for 30 seconds, go and Google the website. You think a bloke who's a Barcelona and Madrid legend has anything good to say about Sevilla, or for that matter Martial? Jesus...

git_united

This could be great for Martial. He's thrown right into a title race so everyone gets to see whether or not he has the mettle; could get him into the NT.

I hope for his sake that Sevilla gives him a decent run of games because he's clearly lacking match fitness. Can they afford to though?

red4ever 79

Brought a tear to my eye that. Sad state of affairs when our best LW has to leave due to not being favoured ahead of the shite that have been playing there

tomaldinho1

I think personally he will drop even a level deeper eventually, unless he plays in a team that doesn't press at all. Let's hope Primera's tempo will suit him a bit better and someone will notice him so we can sell him and recoup some 10 million. At least it's a team that will be seen in Europe so the chances are there. Good luck to Tonyo.
He'll get more space and I think people don't fully realise what a quandary LL is in right now, the level of all teams has dropped but lower league teams are really really poor. 16 games for him to reignite his reputation.

Canagel

:lol: It was a Cameo video. You know, the one's where you pay a famous person to say something for 30 seconds, go and Google the website. You think a bloke who's a Barcelona and Madrid legend has anything good to say about Sevilla, or for that matter Martial? Jesus...
If it was that easy legends would be lining up everywhere to welcome players moving to those clubs. Are you saying that they cant afford it?
Barca signed a bunch of players last summer, where were their legends to welcome those players ? It didn't happen because most of them aren't that good.

The fact they managed to get R9 on camera (and he didn't even play for Sevilla) shows you the clout that Martial still has in the footballing world regardless of our fans best attempts to destroy his reputation and drag his name through the mud.

I mean he has more followers on Instagram and Twitter than Sevilla itself. Bigger than the club and all that. It was a move bound to get attention and traction.
Yet Real,BarcaBayern, Juventus etc had no interest in signing him.

Sevilla are only ones who seem to want to take a gamble on him for 4 months.
They are 4 points behind Real in the table. I'm not claiming they are the biggest club he could have joined but they are a respectable club that plays in a high profile league (knocked us out in the EL) and most of these so called big clubs aren't as good as they used to be or are proclaimed to be. And Juventus and Barcelona couldn't afford his wage anyway.

Hammondo

His passing is pretty terrible. He did well in tight spaces when hes not mindlessly running, which means he could get into effective positions, but his passing was so often behind who he was passing to or easily caught by a defender.

Red Rash

Super confused by the whole Martial situation:

• Ralf says that Martial didn't want to be part of the squad
  • Martial denies this through social media
  • Martial is put on the bench for the last game against West Ham
  • Martial is subbed on and has a decent cameo
  • Martial is sent to Sevilla on loan

Only thing I can think is he knew the loan was coming and didn't want to play and get injured. Either way wish him the best and really think he is the kind of player who could thrive in La Liga and being a big fish in a smaller pond.

ti vu

Hang on, they wheeled out a legend who played for Madrid and Barcelona to motivate him to play well for Sevilla? How much did they pay him? They’re already worried Martial won’t pull his weight! :lol:
:lol: Odd as feck.

I only know Martial's idol is Ronaldo now. Shame Martial modeled his game around Ronaldo at the end of his career where his physical condition limit his game. Young Ronaldo is a force to be reckon when it comes to workrate, and movement off the ball.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
His passing is pretty terrible. He did well in tight spaces when hes not mindlessly running, which means he could get into effective positions, but his passing was so often behind who he was passing to or easily caught by a defender.
Had a quick look through FBref and his pass/90, pass percentage, and xAssists are all similar to Mane.

united for life

Good luck in this move. He has talent. He needs the right mentality. Enough with the indifferent body language

crossy1686

career ending
If it was that easy legends would be lining up everywhere to welcome players moving to those clubs. Are you saying that they cant afford it?
Barca signed a bunch of players last summer, where were their legends to welcome those players ? It didn't happen because most of them aren't that good.

The fact they managed to get R9 on camera (and he didn't even play for Sevilla) shows you the clout that Martial still has in the footballing world regardless of our fans best attempts to destroy his reputation and drag his name through the mud.

I mean he has more followers on Instagram and Twitter than Sevilla itself. Bigger than the club and all that. It was a move bound to get attention and traction.

They are 4 points behind Real in the table. I'm not claiming they are the biggest club he could have joined but they are a respectable club that plays in a high profile league (knocked us out in the EL) and most of these so called big clubs aren't as good as they used to be or are proclaimed to be. And Juventus and Barcelona couldn't afford his wage anyway.
Yes lad, it’s THAT easy. I’m going to get Roberto Carlos to wish me a happy birthday and show you exactly how much clout I have within the game. Barcelona haven’t done it because it’s lame as feck to pay a celebrity to send a personalised message. You must be the only person in the world who hasn’t heard of this.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Stop lying, that is not a Cameo service.
If it is, go order Ronaldo, share his billable here, and I will Paypal it to you.

It is very insulting to logon here and find such low quality opinions! You are talking about someone who owns a club in Spain and Brazil like he is a Z-list star. Get a grip!

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Yes lad, it’s THAT easy. I’m going to get Roberto Carlos to wish me a happy birthday and show you exactly how much clout I have within the game. Barcelona haven’t done it because it’s lame as feck to pay a celebrity to send a personalised message. You must be the only person in the world who hasn’t heard of this.

Amused at the extent you would go to lie!
I will Paypal/Cashapp you double the business rate if you can get R9 as a cameo!

Matter of fact just get Carlos for your birthday as you claimed and I will pay for it.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
What is the connection between Ronaldo and Sevilla?
He played for their fiercest/most hated rivals. It’s like us getting Dalglish to do a welcome message to Ronaldo when he signed. But then again, if the money is good enough maybe he could be convinced like Ronaldo was.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Stop lying, that is not a Cameo service.
If it is, go order Ronaldo, share his billable here, and I will Paypal it to you.

It is very insulting to logon here and find such low quality opinions! You are talking about someone who owns a club in Spain and Brazil like he is a Z-list star. Get a grip!
Amused at the extent you would go to lie!
I will Paypal/Cashapp you double the business rate if you can get R9 as a cameo!
Ffs :lol: :lol: this kind of slavish devotion reminds me of trump supporters :lol:

edcunited1878

:lol::rolleyes::eek:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He played for their fiercest/most hated rivals. It’s like us getting Dalglish to do a welcome message to Ronaldo when he signed. But then again, if the money is good enough maybe he could be convinced like Ronaldo was.
Ronaldo played for Real Betis?

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Dude stop lying. R9 played for Madrid and Barca who have never been Sevilla’s rivals let alone fiercest/most hated rivals. Betis is Sevilla’s rival.
Be factual or keep these low quality posts in your WhatsApp hate groups.

Jireh

Supports
Utd
Ffs :lol: :lol: this kind of slavish devotion reminds me of trump supporters :lol:
We get it that some of you lot hate the player, but this is past it, you should be more worried about the state of your heart because Martial leaving will not change the deep rooted hatred that your heart harbors.

Last edited: