Anthony Martial | Sevilla loan watch

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
We get it that some of you lot hate the player, but this is past it, you should be more worried about the state of your heart because Martial leaving will not change the deep rooted hatred that your heart harbors.
You really need some help :lol: Not rating a player is not hate, take a walk, step away from the keyboard, stop looking for meaning that isnt there and drop the pseudo-spiritual "worry about your heart" horseshit mate :lol:

Jireh

Supports
Utd
You really need some help :lol: Not rating a player is not hate, take a walk, step away from the keyboard, stop looking for meaning that isnt there and drop the pseudo-spiritual "worry about your heart" horseshit mate :lol:
It is an observation from your posting history. Usually it is out of the abundance of the heart, that the mouth speaks.

This is how you have referred to yourself before:-
"I'm a hate hipster :lol:"

There are a lot of entries (about 10 pages) that could act as a mirror for you, but it is not necessary as I understand that some of us also come here to release these emotions. Please do not take offense with any of this, it is just an observation.

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It is an observation from your posting history. Usually it is out of the abundance of the heart, that the mouth speaks.

This is how you have referred to yourself before:-
"I'm a hate hipster :lol:"

There are a lot of entries (about 10 pages) that could act as a mirror for you, but it is not necessary as I understand that some of us also come here to release these emotions. Please do not take offense with any of this, it is just an observation.
Mate, it takes a lot more than that to offend me, none taken, back on topic I dont hate Martial, I wish him well, just wish him well somewhere else, I find him unreliable, and not strong enough to be a player at Utd. If he goes elsewhere and lives up to his potential then good for him, he just isnt cut out for Utd and Ill be pleased to see the back of him. Now, Lingard, THERE is someone I do dislike for several reasons.

Stacks

Mate, it takes a lot more than that to offend me, none taken, back on topic I dont hate Martial, I wish him well, just wish him well somewhere else, I find him unreliable, and not strong enough to be a player at Utd. If he goes elsewhere and lives up to his potential then good for him, he just isnt cut out for Utd and Ill be pleased to see the back of him. Now, Lingard, THERE is someone I do dislike for several reasons.
why do you dislike Lingard?

Posh Red

Lingard is one of the only United players I’ve ever felt dislike for to be honest. I’m sure he’s not the only player with such an abrasive personality, but with Lingard he puts himself out there for the world to see. I saw a video the other day of him winding up Rashford on the way back from a match. He just seems extremely immature and irritating (I think Rashford ended up lashing out at him in the video). I wouldn’t ever dislike a player because of poor form or ability to be honest (that’s not necessarily something that can be helped). Lingard honestly behaves like an eleven year old kid. He would drive me insane if I had to spend any significant amount of time with him!

Oranges038

Still can't get my head around people thinking this is somehow a loss to the club.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Its either A: His personality or B: Grumpy old man shouts at clouds, but I find a man who is nearly 30 being so fecking childish irritating in the extreme, I also think he is a snide, his constant west ham based posts, the (fairly likely) chance that he is the leaker, his constant social media shit, his face, he comes across as a sneaky little shit, which when you take into account how the club stuck by him through his problems really rubs me the wrong way. He just annoys the shit out of me.

Stacks

Lingard is one of the only United players I’ve ever felt dislike for to be honest. I’m sure he’s not the only player with such an abrasive personality, but with Lingard he puts himself out there for the world to see. I saw a video the other day of him winding up Rashford on the way back from a match. He just seems extremely immature and irritating (I think Rashford ended up lashing out at him in the video). I wouldn’t ever dislike a player because of poor form or ability to be honest (that’s not necessarily something that can be helped). Lingard honestly behaves like an eleven year old kid. He would drive me insane if I had to spend any significant amount of time with him!
fair enough. Think he is a good kid at heart. I once remember on a podcast about a story Lingard had told to the lads. He said "I was at Manchester station and I saw this woman pacing around frantically with tears in her eyes. I asked her what's wrong and she said she had just lost £200. So I hugged her and gave her £20 from the 200 quid I just found. You see lads, everything happens for a reason"

ICHM

It's so frustrating, Martial could have been an absolute star, but he lost his head and went lazy thinking the world owed him.

I remember when he first came to use, he was hungry.

Posh Red

fair enough. Think he is a good kid at heart. I once remember on a podcast about a story Lingard had told to the lads. He said "I was at Manchester station and I saw this woman pacing around frantically with tears in her eyes. I asked her what's wrong and she said she had just lost £200. So I hugged her and gave her £20 from the 200 quid I just found. You see lads, everything happens for a reason"
:lol:

I’m sure he’s a perfectly nice person really and I know he’s had some tough times, but I could never warm to the guy.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol:

I’m sure he’s a perfectly nice person really and I know he’s had some tough times, but I could never warm to the guy.
I'm with you on this. There's a bunch of players who irreversibly damaged their image for me during the season Mourinho was sacked and Ole took over. Worrying about their image, launching brands, playing like shit, celebrating a manager getting sacked, signing massively over inflated contracts based on their relative ability then complaining about others being paid more than them despite winning next to nothing, fecking around on social media etc, whatever it may be, they burned multiple bridges that season and haven't done anything to repair them since.

TheRedHearted

It's so frustrating, Martial could have been an absolute star, but he lost his head and went lazy thinking the world owed him.

I remember when he first came to use, he was hungry.
I imagine he was as frustrated with United as we all were. Always an unlevel squad, under performing. When he came and was off to that start could have built a team around him but we haven’t really built a balanced team since fergie. Ole had us balanced some parts of the 2nd place team and last season, and maybe that was it

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What amazing timing from United. You could not make it up.

lex talionis

We can only speculate, but what I think happened to Anthony is that his expectations of his ability exceeded his actual ability. He's a technically gifted footballer, but he pushed for being featured as a CF and not a LF. He had some success for us as a CF but it's clear he could offer the club so much from the left than through the middle. His signature skill, beating a man on the dribble, is stripped from his game being played as a CF. We saw glimpses of his own brilliant LF self in the match against West Ham.

But with Marcus making the LF position his, Anthony quite understandably did not respond well to being a super sub.

I'll be really interested in seeing how he responds during his loan spell in Spain. Does he sulk if/when he's not in the starting XI or does he walk right into the starting XI and light the pitch on fire?

MrBest

Can we recall him with Greenwood hopefully on his way to prison.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
:lol: Surely a joke

macheda14

Can we recall him with Greenwood hopefully on his way to prison.
He didn't actually want to be here is the issue. Not that he wouldn't get game time - Rangnick quite openly said Martial came to him and expressed a desire to leave. Theeeen we had the misunderstanding about him opting not to play, or just still feeling an injury depending on who's story you believe.

UnitedRepublic

He’ll be back by pre season by the looks of it. Cavani gone, Ronaldo 37 years & Greenwood behind bars. He won’t stay until he gets guranted play time and It should be possible even if we bring in another forward.

Roboc7

Hopefully he does well at Sevilla so we can get rid of him. He’s had plenty of chances and at some point t you have to move on from players rather than just keep giving them fresh starts.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
How is Sevilla a title contender when Real is way ahead of everyone in the league?

RoyH1

Let's hope he can get some market value back for us to be able to sell him in the summer.

Glorio

Have his teeth changed colour?
That initial photo seemed to have been colour graded to have a bit of a retro feel (which can make things a bit yellow - I'm don't think his teeth were actually that yellow).

Intriguingly, it didn't seem to affect the backdrop, however, that might have been the choice of the editor.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He's playing on the left again tonight. I thought he wanted to go striker?

I guess he just wanted out and who can blame him after what we've seen?