Anthony Martial signs new 5-year contract (with option to extend for another)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
£50 million down the drain, Tony Martial scores again... :D

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fellaini gone, 8 wins out of 9, Martial signs a 5 year deal, only 2 points from 4th.
OGS is working wonders.
Don't forget McTominay's contract extension too.

stu_1992

Excellent news! Just what is needed after a frustrating result earlier this week. :D

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I like the extra year option in his contract. As far as I can remember, we didn't use to implement that option in contracts until a few years ago. Could be wrong though. Seems like a common theme with the more important members of the squad.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What a mess this club is.This was supposed to be announced tomorrow, Friday.

Ban

Just hope he's not getting too much money cause that would set a dangerous precedent.

Just kidding, get in!!!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Brilliant news. So excited for him to finally have a manager who rates him and wants to make the most of his abilities. You can tell he is too.

GBBQ

Great news, really thought he'd leave before Mou and would shine elsewhere. Great that he mentions OGS as well, obviously feels a lot more hopeful about things with Solskjaer at the helm.

dove

I like the extra year option in his contract. As far as I can remember, we didn't use to implement that option in contracts until a few years ago. Could be wrong though. Seems like a common theme with the more important members of the squad.
I think actually we were one of the first to do it.

Deleted member 101472

Tony Martial came from France,
Mourinho said he had no chance,
Attacking talent down the drain
Tony Martial signs again.

I'll get my coat.
Tony Martial grabbed his pen
Can he do 5 years once again
50 million looks a steal
As Tony signs and seals the deal

Get my coat too will you?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Remember when Glaston said Martial was impressed with Spurs' facilities and therefore we shouldn't scoff at the idea of Spurs signing him? :lol:

Rolaholic

He came from France and scored on his debut at the Stretford End against Liverpool,the love affair has been going on since the beginning. Long may it continue :cool:

Martial haters don't exist.
They definitely did,they peaked in visibility and vocality during the summer debacle of a preseason

OleTheGreat

that's great news for us fans and the club. Has immense potential and can work wonders if given freedom to play from the touchline. He's a striker but has managed to convert himself as a left winger for the benefit of the club. It's just great. I hope we find a great forward for the right and get that balance sorted out.

Reactions: Penna

Vadim

Since Jose was sacked the mood, results and news have been positive.

It’s amazing what sacking a manager can do.

Get in Tony, extremely talented player.

SirAF

Ageist
He is basically signed up till 2025. Now we can enjoy him develop without the fear of him walking out of here at the end of his contract!
Yep, I’m impressed how the club manage to sign up players for five years plus one year extra at the clubs discretion.

Cloud7

Remember when Glaston said Martial was impressed with Spurs' facilities and therefore we shouldn't scoff at the idea of Spurs signing him? :lol:
Didn’t he go so far as to say Martial was desperate to sign for Spurs :lol:

Tiber

wonderful news. He was miserable under The Toxic One, who for godforsaken reasons was hell bent on replacing with a 30 year old from Chelsea. A couple of weeks under Ole and he signs a 5 year deal :drool:

Mike Smalling

Excellent news! Really feel like the sky is the limit with Martial. If he can add consistency to his game, he will be a great asset for a long time.

EwanI Ted

Great news. In truth he blows a little hot and cold for us, but then you look at the state the club's been in since he arrived and you have to say that's probably the main cause. Talent-wise the sky's the limit for this lad, and with the guidance and stability of a supportive manager & club I think he can take the step up to the top tier of players.

Kapardin

Has the potential to be a great player. He had the misfortune to play under 2 managers who were wrong for him stylewise (LvG and Mourinho) and still did well. Now our club is proceeding in a direction that would speed up his development.

He has the technique and even the physicality to thrive in the league, and is usually one of our best finishers. Just needs to cut out the laziness that creeps into his game. Ole or whomever is our permanent manager should help him reach his best.

SirAF

Ageist
Glaston :lol:
How and when would he even have been at Spurs’ facilities? The only Spurs facilities he’s used is probably their rented loo at Wembley.

Djemba-Djemba

Not a chance he signs a new contract under Mourinho.

More evidence, like any more was needed, of just how right we were in sacking Mourinho.