Anthony Martial signs new 5-year contract (with option to extend for another)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
For all the talk of Ole, and rightly so, I think he’d be absolutely sensational under Pochettino.
Hoping we never have to find out and we just stick with Ole ;)
Actually though not sure, think what Ole is building towards is more geared to getting the best out of players like him and Rashford and Pogba in midfield, while Pochettino's game at Spurs is very geared to supplying Kane and really high off the ball work rate. Im sure he'd be fine but Id sooner say Klopp and Pep would make Martial a monster than Pochettino. Doesntbmatter anyway cause Oles got it in the bag :D

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Didnt realize both Rashford and Matic expire next year. Pogba's in 2021 so there's time for him.
This summer (pretty sure the option to extend is there for all of them):
  • Young
  • Valencia
  • Mata
  • Darmian
  • De gea
  • Pereira
  • Jones
  • Herrera
Next summer:
  • Grant
  • Fellaini
  • Matic
  • Rashford
  • Bailly
Fellani is gone surely.
Darmain wants to go to Italy.
Mata. Not sure he wants to be a bit player.

Think the others in bold need to be renewed. Some wont want Jones. But he is at least a good back up. Mind you Tuanzebe will be here next season...so?

Matic and Baiily I forgot. Yes we must keep them.

hobbers

Young probably deserves a 1 year extension, but if the press reports are true of him demanding a longer deal he can leave as well.

Mata is a case of "do you want to hang around and be a back-up?".

Sparky Rhiwabon

Young probably deserves a 1 year extension, but if the press reports are true of him demanding a longer deal he can leave as well.

Mata is a case of "do you want to hang around and be a back-up?".
As I said on another thread, as much as Mata is a nice guy, I’d rather give his meagre game time to Chong and Gomes - they need to start stepping it up.

Trizy

He's just turned 23 and played his past 2.5 seasons under a negative feck of a manger. It's scary to think how good he can get.

Decomposing In Paris

Fantastic news! He's a difference maker, and he's only going to get better. Aside from De Gea, he's the one I most feared us losing.

Now to get De Gea & Herrera signed up, and hopefully we'll keep Young for one more year too. Wouldn't be against Mata staying, but he'll be on the bench, which is sad for a player of his ability.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What a difference getting rid of Mourinho made, nothing is perfect yet but you can't discount how important good morale is, and I feel certain had United stuck with Mourinho, Martial would be the first of quite a few to look for the first exit available.

Silas

Fellani is gone surely.
Darmain wants to go to Italy.
Mata. Not sure he wants to be a bit player.

Think the others in bold need to be renewed. Some wont want Jones. But he is at least a good back up. Mind you Tuanzebe will be here next season...so?

Matic and Baiily I forgot. Yes we must keep them.
How can anyone call Jones a good backup when he's injured half the time? The whole point in a backup player is that they can be relied on to fill in when the usual starters aren't available.

JMack1234

This is fantastic news.

We've the right coaching we're going to have a top top player on our hands with Tony.

Loon

:lol:
Ole is so utterly charming he’ll even get away with giving Ashley Young an extension.

cyril C

Most reports I've read state 200k including bonuses. not sure where you're getting 250.
Read 1 report said 150K but didn't say whether it is total or basic. So 150+50 is very likely and possibly a reasonable deal. Rashford should be on similar offer. Good to tie him (and Rashford) down on a long term contract before RM knocking on their door.

ricky-romeo

Didnt realize both Rashford and Matic expire next year. Pogba's in 2021 so there's time for him.
This summer (pretty sure the option to extend is there for all of them):
  • Young
  • Valencia
  • Mata
  • Darmian
  • De gea
  • Pereira
  • Jones
  • Herrera
Next summer:
  • Grant
  • Fellaini
  • Matic
  • Rashford
  • Bailly
Young deserves a 1 year extension, i think he is pushing for a 2 year deal which makes the board thinking. he is our best RB at the moment, and a good cover for Shaw at LB, i'll keep him for another year or two, for us to invest in other positions first.

valencia bye bye this summer

Mata is a tricky situation. good player but just not suited to the football the fans want to see. he is not a RW and that's the only position we can put him on because we are not playing with a no.10. if we are going ruthless then he has to go.

Darmian we'll probably activate his one year extension clause next month and sell him for something like 5 million to an Italian club next summer.

De Gea give him 350k a week 5 year contract with an option for a 6th like tony martial.

Pereira is not good enough for us.

Jones will still get an extension though.

Herrera also a new contract. he needs to stay.

we need to act fast on deals for Rashford and Bailly too.

Andersonson

Young deserves a 1 year extension, i think he is pushing for a 2 year deal which makes the board thinking. he is our best RB at the moment, and a good cover for Shaw at LB, i'll keep him for another year or two, for us to invest in other positions first.

valencia bye bye this summer

Mata is a tricky situation. good player but just not suited to the football the fans want to see. he is not a RW and that's the only position we can put him on because we are not playing with a no.10. if we are going ruthless then he has to go.

Darmian we'll probably activate his one year extension clause next month and sell him for something like 5 million to an Italian club next summer.

De Gea give him 350k a week 5 year contract with an option for a 6th like tony martial.

Pereira is not good enough for us.

Jones will still get an extension though.

Herrera also a new contract. he needs to stay.

we need to act fast on deals for Rashford and Bailly too.
Agree with everything except Bailly. He can het sold and upgraded. We need quality asap in the back four

meamth

I'm in 2025 with my United in FM2019.

Martial became United Legend, scored 186 goals in 378 appearances. Won 2 premier league golden boots, English player of the year 3 times, English player's player of the year 3 times.
Won 26 titles for United.

Still haven't won Ballon D'or though. Worrying. :lol:

Get in! This the best news for us all.

EDIT:

Oh wait. This happened. Is this a sign? :lol:

Last edited:

cyril C

Agree with everything except Bailly. He can het sold and upgraded. We need quality asap in the back four
May be too early to get rid of Bailly. After all we should be getting rid of Darmian, Rojo, plus Blind already sold, so observing Bailly another season is no harm but of course we should go for 1 big CB this summer regardless. Smalling, Jones, Bailly as backup.

ravi2

How can anyone call Jones a good backup when he's injured half the time? The whole point in a backup player is that they can be relied on to fill in when the usual starters aren't available.
Jones has to be one of the very first out the door. He really has to go at this point.

Johan07

Jones has to be one of the very first out the door. He really has to go at this point.
Jones and Lindelof has the most minutes of all our players under OGS. Jones will be offered a new contract and if he does not choose to leave himself he will stay. I am fine with that.

onemanarmy

Surely Rojo has to go before Jones? Jones is homegrown too.

Rish Sawhney

Jones is homegrown? I could have sworn he was signed from Blackburn in 2011 ha...
Homegrown as in grown in the country. Schneiderlin was also homegrown. I know its not a popular idea on the Caf at the moment, but I reckon Jones is gonna retire here. As backups go, I'd sooner keep Jones than Rojo. And Bailly I have hope for yet. He could just have a moment where he establishes himself as one of our best like Lindelof has done this season. So Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly, Jones + new CB or a youth prospect could be enough IMO for the CB positions.

Chriss10

Martial is one of those players that will flourish once he feels the love and support of his manager, whilst people speak about his demeanour on the pitch at times but he’s hardly had the right guidance and support also. I’m looking forward to seeing what Ole and the team can do with him Atleast until the end of the season.

Mani

Fantastic news, lots of positives around the club in recent times, let's keep this coming.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm in 2025 with my United in FM2019.

Martial became United Legend, scored 186 goals in 378 appearances. Won 2 premier league golden boots, English player of the year 3 times, English player's player of the year 3 times.
Won 26 titles for United.

Still haven't won Ballon D'or though. Worrying. :lol:

Get in! This the best news for us all.

EDIT:

Oh wait. This happened. Is this a sign? :lol:

You're shit at fm

:lol:

dogwithabone

Great news.

Ole is right though that he needs more scruffy goals. He’s one of those slightly infuriating players in that you can just see the potential talent is limitless and he is undoubtedly world class in waiting, he just needs to unlock that extra 10% and reach the very top.

Red Viking

While i am happy to hear that he has signed a new contract. He really need to work harder and show improvement in his game as currently he is just like when we bought him. He need to push him self more in games and avoid just waiting around waiting for things to happen during games.

Handré1990

Has he been declared fit?
I’ve no clue. It’s just such a boost in positivity, one among many I might add, that I’m sure he’ll seal it with a goal or two, just like I remember it used to be under SAF:angel: As opposed to the post-SAF years where you just waited for the next crisis:wenger: