Anthony Martial signs new 5-year contract (with option to extend for another)

Hawks2008

Great news, cant wait to see him kick on and become a top player.

to think Mourinho wanted to swap him for Willian :houllier:

manunited1919

Yes!!
This is also a first sign that OLE is here to stay, as he is saying he is enjoying his football under OLE. Love Martial, he is sooo talented.

SirAnderson

Tony Martial grabbed his pen
Can he do 5 years once again
50 million looks a steal
As Tony signs and seals the deal

Get my coat too will you?
He stole our hearts with THAT goal,
leaving behind Skrtel's soul,
Again its time to light that spark
"Oh YESSSS" its time, to leave his mark.

Think I will get all 3 our coats for us...

Gordon S

Fantastic news!!

Remember his debut goal like it was yesterday. Fecking love the guy:drool:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I blame mourinho.

If he had been able to just be moderately incompetent and make top four this season with a few good displays dropped in here and there he probably would have been able to force out Pogba and martial come the summer.

Djemba-Djemba

I blame mourinho.

If he had been able to just be moderately incompetent and make top four this season with a few good displays dropped in here and there he probably would have been able to force out Pogba and martial come the summer.
:lol: Exactly.

You always need your rivals to just be bobbing along in mediocrity, rather than outright disaster.

Milo2035

Remember how he carried the whole team in van Gaal's last season just to see us took away his favorite number 9 in the summer.
Best finisher at the club. Loves the badge. Can not ask for more from this young man.

Djemba-Djemba

It should be noted too that despite Mourinho treating him like shit Martial was one of the very very few playing close to his potential before Ole arrived.

It shows a good mentality from Martial that despite clearly not getting on with the manager he was still doing the business on the pitch.

IrishGlen

Fantastic news, de Gea, Herrera and Pogba next! Whatever about shiny new signings, this is good business by the club. Credit where it’s due!

“This club is all about winning trophies and I’m sure the next piece of silverware is not that far away” Martial brace coming up against PSG and Chelsea :devil:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It should be noted too that despite Mourinho treating him like shit Martial was one of the very very few playing close to his potential before Ole arrived.

It shows a good mentality from Martial that despite clearly not getting on with the manager he was still doing the business on the pitch.
I think you are right. It seemed like he tried really hard to adapt to the manager and do what he wanted, even though everyone knew some of the stuff he was asked to do wasn't really playing on Martial strengths. It is an experience who could have broke him but it didn't and we have to give Martial credit for that, and hopefully he will be even better because of it when he reach his peak.

Jeffthered

Needs proper coaching to unlock his talent. Hope he kicks on with a more settled frame of mind.
Absolutely.

I am a critic because I feel he lacks some spark, seems to drift through periods of games. Rarely seems to be really, consistently 'at it'. Loads of potential... but this comment about coaching, to me, is key.

Let's hope we see him really make the impact we know he can.

MUM

Great news, great deal for club, player and the fans. Martial is a special talent who can only improve to get us back to were we belong.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Fecking fantastic. Love the vibe at the club right now, Rash Pog and Tony. Onwards and upwards for the future!

Stadjer

He deserves it. Looked like an amazing talent when van Gaal signed him but Mourinho didnt like him that much. Benched him, complained about him, wanted him sold/traded but eventually he couldnt go around Martial because Martial was just better than the other options. That was until Mourinho wanted Sanchez en despite playing well Martial lost his place. Martial missed out on a World Cup win with France because he didnt play for United anymore. A new season started, Mourinho still wanted him gone and then there was the pre season drama but eventually Martial got his place back and saved Mourinho his job multiple times.

You can say what you want about Martial but you cant say he has a bad mentality or stops trying.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Tony Martial came from France,
Mourinho said he had no chance,
Attacking talent down the drain
Tony Martial signs again.

I'll get my coat.
This could work :lol:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I want to say thank you to all the match going fans who just continued to sing his name unconditionally throughout his time here. It has been outright uncomfortable for him a few times playing 5 minutes coming from the bench and when the team goes to thank the support all they do is care about Martial and sing his name. The look on his face when that happens:lol::lol: It is not often you can say fans get to affect or decide anything at such a big club, so this win is for ya'll, 100%. Your work is much appreciated from the tv-fans, great job!

Fracture90

Still, it's a shame he didn't go to the WC because of 'thee who's name shall not be spoken'.

RedDevil@84

Can we also sign a personal psychologist for him? Seems to get easily affected by several factors.

Rolaholic

Can we also sign a personal psychologist for him? Seems to get easily affected by several factors.
How so? He did an admirable job playing under less than ideal conditions for a manager who didn't fancy him and made that clear repeatedly publicly. I'd argue that he's got quite a bit of mental fortitude for coming out on the better end of a situation that would've discouraged many his age.

What would your armchair psychologist diagnosis conjure?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How so? He did an admirable job playing under less than ideal conditions for a manager who didn't fancy him and made that clear repeatedly publicly. I'd argue that he's got quite a bit of mental fortitude for coming out on the better end of a situation that would've discouraged many his age.

What would your armchair psychologist diagnosis conjure?
Most certainly a fecking millennial.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Could this be taken as confirmation that Ole has been given the nod? I think we'd know about it if it was Pochettino.

Would you sign a new deal if you didn't know what was happening in 4 months time?
He's playing for Man Utd and he's now on 250k a week. I doubt he gives a toss who our next manager is and in the event it's another Mourinho who he doesn't get on with he can easily make enough noise to get a move elsewhere

Kapardin

Could this be taken as confirmation that Ole has been given the nod? I think we'd know about it if it was Pochettino.

Would you sign a new deal if you didn't know what was happening in 4 months time?
Keeping on Martial and getting him to sign a new deal has nothing to do with the manager. He is valued by the club and our first instruction to any incoming manager would be to get the best out of him.

Happens at every club. Hazard at Chelsea is similarly valued over any manager.