Anthony Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Plumber

Where did that 5 minutes come from?
Refs add a random amount of time depending on the game. If it’s dead and buried then there will be 1 min. If the game is in the balance they add more for entertainment purposes. That’s my mini conspiracy and I’m sticking to it!

Red00012

That yellow card for Maguire epitomises where football has gone wrong .

Also do referees all agree not to book anyone that takes out Dan James?

Falcow

Thought he gave everything to City after the penalty. James and Martial fouled constantly but nothing given. 3 yellows to us, none to City.

To be fair I guess he got the big calls right, couple of dubious penalty claims from City.

SER19

Thought he gave everything to City after the penalty. James and Martial fouled constantly but nothing given. 3 yellows to us, none to City.

To be fair I guess he got the big calls right, couple of dubious penalty claims from City.
Yes. Sometimes it feels like the big decision isn't worth it when the rest of the game is so one sided. While time wasting is my biggest pet hate, I've waited years to see it called early and didn't surprise me at all to see Taylor book Henderson after about an hour. And it won't surprise me at all to see him let it pass when we're losing 1 nil to some bottom half team. Thought he was pretty crap overall

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Following on from last week it feels like If a ref makes the controversial call to give United a penalty that you have to try and make the rest of the game more balanced. No idea where the 6 minutes came from at the end and some obvious free kicks not given throughout

RashyForPM

I actually think he’s the best PL ref. Not a high bar of course, but he’s generally alright hence why he keeps getting our and other big 6 teams’ games. Not giving that free-kick on DJ at half-time was a very poor call though.

Falcow

Yes. Sometimes it feels like the big decision isn't worth it when the rest of the game is so one sided. While time wasting is my biggest pet hate, I've waited years to see it called early and didn't surprise me at all to see Taylor book Henderson after about an hour. And it won't surprise me at all to see him let it pass when we're losing 1 nil to some bottom half team. Thought he was pretty crap overall
He did seem determined to make it up to City like he had made a mistake with the pen decision. Some of the fouls against us not given were infuriating.

Eric has landed

Agreed he gave some very marginal decisions to City and nothing for us, yellow cards not necessary. Anyway should not complain a very welcome and exciting result, a year ago to the day since we beat them at OT and then Covid took over ~ then a year to forget.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Nearly 7 minutes overtime with no significant downtime.

Yet he blows the whistle IMMEDIATELY when we get a foul at City's 16m area

Hughie77

Yep agree, when is 5 mins become nearly 7, but with refs like that you take your own in the ring and knock them out, that's what we did.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What's funny is RAWK seem to think he was on our side because he gave us a pen.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The injury time was a joke but thought he was fine.

Coleyoscar

That yellow card for Maguire epitomises where football has gone wrong .

Also do referees all agree not to book anyone that takes out Dan James?
I have often thought this as well. The lad gets kicked on a regular basis, gets no protection and on a couple of occasions the referees have even booked him for diving when there was clear contact.

It wasn't mere incompetence today though, it looked to me that Taylor was determined to do absolutely everything he could to make up to City for the early penalty award.

Red & White

Nearly every team we’ve played recently have spent the whole match time wasting. 30 seconds plus for every goal kick, throw in, set piece. Not one single caution for time wasting. He couldn’t wait to book a Henderson today and did it with half an hour left to make a point. One rule for us, one for everyone else I suppose. Same with this imaginary injury time to suit the narrative.

Falcow

Agreed he gave some very marginal decisions to City and nothing for us, yellow cards not necessary. Anyway should not complain a very welcome and exciting result, a year ago to the day since we beat them at OT and then Covid took over ~ then a year to forget.
Yep, I've nothing to complain about today considering Fulhams result....icing on cake really. Amazing to think it's a year to the day.

RashfordisRed

I thought he was abysmal, Maguire and Shaw got yellows on their first tackles.

If that is the standard then you must be consistent, City players continuously breaking the counter and not a single yellow.

RashfordisRed

I should add, the time added on is becoming a farce. So often it is just so wrong - surely there needs to be calls for stop the clock systems.

Thepinhead

Taylor and Marriner are probably the best refs in the league imo. Although I do think that today he gave city every of the 50/50 decisions and very few to us. Probably just so doesn't her criticism for being a United ref.

I should add, the time added on is becoming a farce. So often it is just so wrong - surely there needs to be calls for stop the clock systems.
just need consistency.

I think some of it comes from the fact that it’s the 4th ref who decides the time - and then the ref does whatever he wants.

compare the time today to the time against Southampton and there’s no logic to explain it.

it was actually more fun when it was at the discretion of the ref, and you didn’t know how much time was going to be played.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was abysmal, Maguire and Shaw got yellows on their first tackles.

If that is the standard then you must be consistent, City players continuously breaking the counter and not a single yellow.
The Maguire one was debatable (thought it was overly aggressive myself) but the Shaw one was a nailed on booking.

lysglimt

Scout
Cant complain about him - got all the important ones right

Red00012

The Maguire one was debatable (thought it was overly aggressive myself) but the Shaw one was a nailed on booking.
If the Shaw one was a nailed on booking then the one on James should have been a nailed on booking for Zinchenko

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he's a United fan who tries too hard to prove he's not a United fan and claims to support Altrincham. I can certainly understand it, he wouldn't get to referee as many big games if he said he was a United fan so I'm sure it's a good move for his career but it's a bit fecking annoying to watch him reffing our games sometimes and giving the benefit of any doubt to the opposition. Do think he got the big decisions right today though which was good.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It was probably one excessive minute of injury time and City also managed to grab a corner right at the end but Rasfhord needed treatment, Shaw needed treatment and Henderson picking up a yellow delaying the goal kick all played into his mind.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
If the Shaw one was a nailed on booking then the one on James should have been a nailed on booking for Zinchenko
Zinchenkos was more accidental then Shaw's, but probably still should have been a booking.

Bruno should definitely have been booked in the first half for his pull back on Rodri though so it went for us too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Zinchenkos was more accidental then Shaw's, but probably still should have been a booking.

Bruno should definitely have been booked in the first half for his pull back on Rodri though so it went for us too.
Problem is again inconsistency. Shaw was booked and Zinchenko wasn't (like you said it was more accidental) and also he didn't book player for taking down Rashford when we were counter attacking, clear tactical foul.

Also gave goal kick to us when AWB kicked the ball out, so sort of made poor decisions for both sides. At least didn't make any game changing ones.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Problem is again inconsistency. Shaw was booked and Zinchenko wasn't (like you said it was more accidental) and also he didn't book player for taking down Rashford when we were counter attacking, clear tactical foul.

Also gave goal kick to us when AWB kicked the ball out, so sort of made poor decisions for both sides. At least didn't make any game changing ones.
Yeah there were a couple of small decisions here and there... But generally I felt he let a lot of the small things go, wasn't too officious and, most importantly, got the big things right... Which is what you want really.

We gave away 12 fouls to their 9, which considering they had 66% possession seems about right... And i get people are annoyed that he clamped down on time wasting more then other refs, but to me just cause other refs aren't doing their job properly in that regard doesn't mean he should get criticised for doing it right.

Tribec

To be fair he'd booked Hendo for time wasting so probably added on 30 secs to a minute for that. Rashford and Shaw both had treatment, that's supposed to be 30 seconds added, as it is for subs of which for 5 is 2 minutes 30 and also for the goal. So 5 minutes was about right to be fair to him. Also as we know from the famous Owen derby winner, that is only a minimum of added time, time can be added on beyond that.

He could have easily given some yellow cards to City for sure, but I have to say as he's from the Wythenshaw he understands the derby better than other refs on the Premier League refs list. He let things go that others wouldn't, I wasn't a huge Mark Halsey fan, but he always did a good job on derby as a bit of local knowledge is an advantage. It isn't refereeing by numbers and obeying the rules a bit of give and take due to the nature of the game. I'd happily let him take every derby game till he leaves the list to be honest.

El Zoido

Fair play for changing his mind tbh. Nothing wrong with getting it wrong in the first instance.

Swedish_Plumber

Neville and Carragher sticking with a pen. There’s no way it is. He hardly touches him on the follow through.
And even if he does catch him slightly, he wins the ball first and this is meant to be a bloody contact sport.

sect2k

F*ing coward, Rudiger grabs Matic by the throat in the build up to the penalty and nothing. WTF is VAR for.

Status
Not open for further replies.