Antonio Conte Sack Watch (Napoli)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Would anyone take Richarlison here? He fits the profile for ten Hag. Hard-working, good hold-up play, useful in the build-up, physical presence, and a decent enough finisher.
He's scored 2 more goals than I have for spurs this season, in 25 appearances.

You should be looking for way better than the Brazilian Dirk Kuyt.

TheReligion

Abusive
Richarlison not holding back! :lol: :lol:

I said it in the other thread he’s been totally mismanaged.

Why they bought him when they have limited funds is beyond stupid.

He’s the kind of player who needs to play and won’t enjoy being sat on the bench.

Fabio Rochemback

He would be a great rotational option for us, can play all across the front line easily. He's probably not going to accept that, obviously.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

He's only played 90 mins three times this season and has scored 2 goals and has 1 assist within those 270 minutes. Obviously he's been below par this year for them but it's unfair to chuck the 25 appearances when they work out to be 44 mins on average per game.

redcucumber

He managed 13 goals on average at Everton over 4 seasons. Not exactly great, but it's Everton - and he usually played off the left (I think?). Suggests he might be being misused by Conte who's on the way out. The other thing is I don't actually see way better out there, at the moment. There's the likes of Osimhen and Kane, but they'll both go for £100m+. Goncalo Ramos looks interesting but Benfica famously rinse clubs.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He's only played 90 mins three times this season and has scored 2 goals and has 1 assist within those 270 minutes. Obviously he's been below par this year for them but it's unfair to chuck the 25 appearances when they work out to be 44 mins on average per game.
If it's 44 mins X 25, 2 goals is still a very, very shit goal return.

He is a better player than those stats suggest but for where Man United want to be in the next few seasons, you need to aim higher than a whingebag moaner like this guy.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't expect him to last till the end of the season - I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone within the next week.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

To be fair to him he has been injured or carrying an injury all season and has only a handful of starts played out wide which isn't his best position. He is a very good player but just hasn't had the opportunity to show it for Spurs yet. If Kane leaves he will probably be our main striker.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yes, it's still below par but it's incredibly hard to pick up form when you're getting 10-15 minutes here and there and then suddenly chucked into a 90 minute game in different positions. If they want him to be scoring goals then he should be playing as a CF, if they want him to work hard and provide other stuff to the team play him out wide but he won't give you as much goals. They should really play him and Kane together with Richy behind Kane and a CM pairing of Hojberg and Bentancur but the Conte system restricts that.

In a United side with Ten Hag I don't think there needs to be a focus for a CF to get 30 goals either. I think a spread between the front players is more the focus as long as they're all contributing.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Would anyone take Richarlison here? He fits the profile for ten Hag. Hard-working, good hold-up play, useful in the build-up, physical presence, and a decent enough finisher.
Yup; he's a very good player who is obviously being restricted playing in a Conte side.

He has lots of qualities and he was averaging around a goal every 3 games in poor Everton sides. He's not prolific, but he would be a very good squad option.

Irrational.

I would love to go back and see the number of posters that threw a hissy fit when Spurs signed Conte and those that voted for him after Ole. Fraud of a manager, completely inflexible.

TheReligion

Abusive

He is a better player than those stats suggest but for where Man United want to be in the next few seasons, you need to aim higher than a whingebag moaner like this guy.
We should look at Aubamayang or Lukaku.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Have they really done any worse than you'd expect of Tottenham? He qualified for the CL in his first season there, and made it to the knockout stage by topping a group which included the EL winners, the 2nd biggest team in France, and Sporting. We've been knocked out of easier groups than that during Fergie's reign. In what world is that an underperformance for Spurs? They are, at best, the sixth biggest club in England. They're currently in 4th place and it's perfectly feasible for them to qualify again.

What business do Tottenham have demanding more than that? Who are they supposed to surpass? Can anyone seriously claim that it's a failure for a manager to not elevate the club past United and City? To not reach the latter stages of the CL?? What kind of wildly unrealistic nonsense is that? For two seasons in a row now, Conte has done at least as well as anyone could possibly expect of Tottenham, and probably a bit more.

Is it because Spurs fluked their way to a CL final a few years back that people have suddenly lost their minds and want their manager sacked anytime he can't make the impossible happen again? Or what? Getting knocked out of the CL by a single goal in a two-legged tie, by a club of the same general stature, is not some kind of embarrassment.
Ah, the old 'they should know their place and be happy' line.

I reckon it is less to do with where they are in the league and more to do with where they are going. they were happy enough with similar league placements under Poch, because they looked like a team that could go places. Everyone can see Conte isn't going to work evolve this team into anything worthwhile.

Smacky The Frog

The best decision United have made since Sir Alex left (there aren't many to choose from tbf) was not hiring Conte. It's probably the last thing Gary Neville was right about as well. One of the most consistently depressing teams I've ever watched. Unbelievable that they're 4th with the sort of performances they routinely put up.

hodgey123

:lol: He cracks me up, gives no fecks at the minute.
Have a couple of mates at work who are Spurs fans who are fed up with him. He is paid more than Kane, serves up rubbish football and doesn't seem to care at all. They also mentioned the fact that he has been absent for 5 weeks or so suggests he is just coining it in and waiting for his contract to expire/be sacked.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The best decision United have made since Sir Alex left (there aren't many to choose from tbf) was not hiring Conte. It's probably the last thing Gary Neville was right about as well. One of the most consistently depressing teams I've ever watched. Unbelievable that they're 4th with the sort of performances they routinely put up.
Yup. We really dodged a bullet. Mad how it felt the exact opposite during his first season in charge.

And typing that has just made me anxious ETH might have the same trajectory. Feck :(

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Have they really done any worse than you'd expect of Tottenham? He qualified for the CL in his first season there, and made it to the knockout stage by topping a group which included the EL winners, the 2nd biggest team in France, and Sporting. We've been knocked out of easier groups than that during Fergie's reign. In what world is that an underperformance for Spurs? They are, at best, the sixth biggest club in England. They're currently in 4th place and it's perfectly feasible for them to qualify again.

What business do Tottenham have demanding more than that? Who are they supposed to surpass? Can anyone seriously claim that it's a failure for a manager to not elevate the club past United and City? To not reach the latter stages of the CL?? What kind of wildly unrealistic nonsense is that? For two seasons in a row now, Conte has done at least as well as anyone could possibly expect of Tottenham, and probably a bit more.

Is it because Spurs fluked their way to a CL final a few years back that people have suddenly lost their minds and want their manager sacked anytime he can't make the impossible happen again? Or what? Getting knocked out of the CL by a single goal in a two-legged tie, by a club of the same general stature, is not some kind of embarrassment.
We’ve been a top 6 team at best for the past few years. It’s about improving. If they’re happy with staying the 6th best team in the league then good for them. It’s not about what they do tbh for me it’s about their style of play. They’re just boring, they have a boring manager. A bang average team. I couldn’t give a monkeys if they don’t win anything. Think people just don’t wanna see conte in the league because he’s just boring and doesn’t suit the prem.

mav_9me

Yup. We really dodged a bullet. Mad how it felt the exact opposite during his first season in charge.

And typing that has just made me anxious ETH might have the same trajectory. Feck :(
It's always a possibility. And even if that happens, at this point I am very happy with where we are with ETH. I think he has made us way more proactive than we've ever been, brought a lot of improvements in passing, pressing etc.

I have said this before. It is very clear that ETH is an excellent coach and his work this season shows that, irrespective of how his time at United works out.

Castia

Pretty obvious that he's leaving. You don't let a manager get within 3 months of his contract expiring especially somebody with the calibre of Conte.

Poch back at Spurs next season i reckon.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's always a possibility. And even if that happens, at this point I am very happy with where we are with ETH. I think he has made us way more proactive than we've ever been, brought a lot of improvements in passing, pressing etc.

I have said this before. It is very clear that ETH is an excellent coach and his work this season shows that, irrespective of how his time at United works out.
Sure. He’s been a breath of fresh air. In my opinion clearly the best manager at the club since Fergie retired. By a margin.

Just makes me nervous thinking back to the rave reviews (and good results) Conte was getting at the same point in his Spurs career.

Smores

He just seems like he's spiralled, a bit like Jose when he lost his dad and just didn't seem to give a feck.

Being a manager takes everything so if your spirit isn't in it then thats that.

Wilt

Pretty obvious that he's leaving. You don't let a manager get within 3 months of his contract expiring especially somebody with the calibre of Conte.

Poch back at Spurs next season i reckon.
My guess Tuchel

Cloud7

My guess Tuchel
Now that would be fun. A lot more exciting than Poch being back.

Levy seems like the ideal sort of candidate for Tuchel to work under. Tuchel wants to coach what's in front of him and not worry about anything else. Sounds ideal.

crossy1686

career ending
He’s shite. Can’t even get in a shit Spurs side. He’s one of the PL’s most overrated players.

crossy1686

career ending
I’ve never seen a manager beg for the sack as much as this bloke. He could still be happily sat in Milan right now, living like a king after winning the league.