Antonio Valencia | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

And the cross from which Macheda hit the post and the one he put on a plate for Owen in the first few minutes and the through ball which led to Macheda skimming the post etc. etc.

Sometimes I think I watch a different game to most of ye cnuts. How the feck did Nani play better than him? :confused:
My thoughts exactly

Ekeke

That his third goal in his last five games. Considering alot was made of his scoring at Wigan(where three was his best a season if I recall correctly) he is already improving on what a few predicted he would give us goalwise this season as he has matched that with 7 months of the season left. He could scrape double figures if he keeps this up and is our highest scorer outside of the strikers.

There still a fair bit of improvement to come but I also think he has grown into a United player this past month and seems to be Fergie's first choice at right wing. Nice to see after the one man show on the wings Giggs was making for that period after the Arsenal match when he was only player making goals for others.
It wont go down as his goal though. Pretty sure it'll be awarded as an O.G officially.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
can someone give him some emotion, he scored the bloody equalizer in front of the stretty after we stormed back 5 minutes from the end.

instead of celebrating it was time to clear the snot out. ffs.

he was better than Nani, but the lads giving nani a 5 during the game just didnt care to watch anything. He made more good plays than poor ones and was unlucky to be brought off. Valencia was always available and I noticed a number of times had two-three players boxing him in to take away his threat of pace, opening space for others.

Him and Neville worked very well, just shows the benefit of a attacking FB to link up with, Valencia-Neville and Obertan-Evra would give us a great attack from the wings.

Enigma_87

You know who
Sorry but I'm not wasting my time talking football with you again. Not after the last time. Boy was that a waste of time.

lol.
haha ok, sorry for the negative opinion in the all hail Valencia thread.Guess it's a great performance tonight, my bad, MOTM :rolleyes:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
can someone give him some emotion, he scored the bloody equalizer in front of the stretty after we stormed back 5 minutes from the end.

instead of celebrating it was time to clear the snot out. ffs.

he was better than Nani, but the lads giving nani a 5 during the game just didnt care to watch anything. He made more good plays than poor ones and was unlucky to be brought off. Valencia was always available and I noticed a number of times had two-three players boxing him in to take away his threat of pace, opening space for others.

Him and Neville worked very well, just shows the benefit of a attacking FB to link up with, Valencia-Neville and Obertan-Evra would give us a great attack from the wings.
If he'd run off going mental people would have come on here saying 'ffs his shot was going wide its not like it was all down to him'.

He may as well be playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun.

Mainoldo

Valencia was wack as usual!!! Krasic showed us what he should have been playing like.....

dev1l

Good fecking lord :wenger:
I m not saying he s a bad player (in fact I like him even if his running style is not as sexy as that of Obertan :lol:) but today he did not have one of his best games. CSKA were closing on him ver well.... OK he worked hard but his decision making at times left a lot to be desired.

As for the goal ... it was off target until it hit one of the defenders

Overall he did well.

Not much cutting edge on display tonight in some of his play but kept going and forced the defender to score an own goal with that shot. Well, it takes effort to get lucky at times and he did that. Still more improvement to be made but the promising signs are there.

datura

Valencia was wack as usual!!! Krasic showed us what he should have been playing like.....
So scoring, setting up the Owen goal and numerous chances are considered a 'wack' performance?

It wasn't his best game but he produced far more than Krasic did (a goal a piece, but little else from Krasic despite having the beating of his man).

Mainoldo

Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment, so thanks.
Your welcome.

You appreciating the fact I replied back to you is good enough for me.. It's not everyday i respond to Retards.

Mainoldo

So scoring, setting up the Owen goal and numerous chances are considered a 'wack' performance?

It wasn't his best game but he produced far more than Krasic did (a goal a piece, but little else from Krasic despite having the beating of his man).
Who had the beating of his man? Valencia?

Yeah he did provide an assist but what numerous chances?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Your welcome.

You appreciating the fact I replied back to you is good enough for me.. It's not everyday i respond to Retards.
Lad you've just said that one of our best players of the night, who scored and set up a bunch of chances and has had 24 votes in the MOTM thread (at my last look), 'wack' and also said it was 'as usual' which suggested you actually haven't watched any of our recent matches.

Its you who is the retard.

Mainoldo

Lad you've just said that one of our best players of the night, who scored and set up a bunch of chances and has had 24 votes in the MOTM thread (at my last look), 'wack' and also said it was 'as usual' which suggested you actually haven't watched any of our recent matches.

Its you who is the retard.
:rolleyes: Well if thats the general opinion i wont bother say anything else.... I'll just leave others to be easily pleased.

datura

Who had the beating of his man? Valencia?

Yeah he did provide an assist but what numerous chances?
I was talking about Krasic having the beating of his man, yet creating very little. Valencia was doubled up on most of the time and had very little space to play in yet still managed to create more than Krasic (who did look a good player though).

Mainoldo

I was talking about Krasic having the beating of his man, yet creating very little. Valencia was doubled up on most of the time and had very little space to play in yet still managed to create more than Krasic (who did look a good player though).
To be fair to Krasic he was playing for a weaker team. But fair enough he wasn't creating bag loads.. however he did look dangerous.

Enigma_87

You know who

1. It will go down as an own goal. His shot was going good 5-10 yards wide if not hitting CSKA defender. As Evra/Ferdinand against S'land.

2. Nani got the assist for Owen's goal. Valencia send numerous crosses in the box, it's perfectly normal 2-3 to end up in an United player, but to say he put in some great cross for this goal is not accurate - Nani stretched and backheeled the ball through 1-2 defenders.

Apart from that he had a 5 yard through ball to Macheda, who worked on the situation, creating space for himself, pass to Owen and cross to Macheda.

izzydiggler

Thought he was pretty average tonight with the vast majority of the team. I'm not his biggest fan but he has good attributes that will come out when he's full of confidence and the team are playing well. IMO, one of his biggest problems is that nobody else is really cutting teams apart like some of the teams of old and the majority play seems to be in front of the opposition back 4, rather than behind it (where he is most effective). I think if he was playing in some of the teams of recent history, we'd see a lot more out of him.

But as always, the 2nd half of the season is where we shine, so I expect continued improvement from him.

datura

1. It will go down as an own goal. His shot was going good 5-10 yards wide if not hitting CSKA defender. As Evra/Ferdinand against S'land.

2. Nani got the assist for Owen's goal. Valencia send numerous crosses in the box, it's perfectly normal 2-3 to end up in an United player, but to say he put in some great cross for this goal is not accurate - Nani stretched and backheeled the ball through 1-2 defenders.

Apart from that he had a 5 yard through ball to Macheda, who worked on the situation, creating space for himself, pass to Owen and cross to Macheda.
Is English your first language?

AlwaysRedwood

lol. Did you see him make any runs tonight that were beyond mediocre? He was a waste of space tonight. Seriously, what game have I been watching then? From the start of the second half till that cross to Macheda he was anywhere in between non existent and wank. He lost the ball like 4-5 times in a row.
First half he took like a decade to adjust the ball in one of our best chances to see a CSKA player tackling him. Slowed almost any attack down passing backwards and running circles stuck to the byline or the touchline.

Seriously 3 crosses for a game and a MOTM contender? Seriously?

Nani has been as good as him to say at least but his decision making is frustrating more and more people.

At least he beat his man a couple of times.
:wenger:

Enigma_87

You know who
Is English your first language?
No.

Does that Lampardesque pinball stand for scoring in English?

You were stressing on setting up on his cross as setting up Owen's goal, I pretty much doubt that his contribution was better than Nani's touch and quick feet in the box.

jb8521

No.

Does that Lampardesque pinball stand for scoring in English?

You were stressing on setting up on his cross as setting up Owen's goal, I pretty much doubt that his contribution was better than Nani's touch and quick feet in the box.
You mean when he completely miscontrolled it

HsJ

He didn't score, it was an O.G

He didn't set up Owens chance, he fell to Owen via an unintentional flick by Nani.

HsJ

Owen v CSKA Moscow

Nani made several other flicks backwards like this throughout the match, including to set Valencia free who crossed and Owen fluffed that first chance.

If it was Berbatov "Its a touch of genius!"

If its Nani "Its an unintentional touch!"
i like Nani, but that was unintentional, sorry.

Ekeke

i like Nani, but that was unintentional, sorry.
He motioned his foot backwards, flicking the ball under him. You dont control the ball like that unless you're trying to do a Macheda against Villa last season. The fact Nani spins the other way, giving himself no chance whatsoever of getting the ball after his touch suggests it wasnt for him.

If it was a popular player and not Nani, nobody would be questioning whether he meant it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That really doesn't help your case...
To be fair Top after your "I can predict the people in Nani/Valencia threads" comment the other day, I think almost anybody on the forum could have predicted you'd show up in here after the match informing us that he doesn't use his left foot.

And yes the Sun is a shit paper but they sometimes get ratings right, and they certainly don't do United any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.