Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Is twitter winding me up or is this legit? A load of people on there in the past few minutes say MUTV are showing him back as the number 25 today, now it could be a mistake but my twitter feed has exploded with it.

acnumber9

Yeah, MUTV team line up had him as 25. I'd guess it's a mistake.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
If he looks this miserable now, imagine how glum his face will be after half a season of playing third fiddle to Zaha and Januzaj. Not that I'm saying this will happen, I still believe in Tony, wasn't that long ago that Guardiola described him as the 'best winger in the world' - for whatever that's worth. If he can get back to his 2011 standard I'm sure he'll hold his place.

He might lose the #7 shirt tomorrow though :wenger:

Looks like he did..

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I don't remember where but I heard/read that Valencia was considering giving up the no. 7 shirt because of the pressure and he wanting to start fresh with another number after his poor season.

I thought it was a load of bollocks at the time. Guess it was true.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Confirmed Valencia has asked to go back to number 25 - Mandy on mutv just said

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Moyes is more of a fan of very technical wide men which is why he'll prefer Nani (if he stays) and possibly Zaha (if he can make the step up).
Coleman Naismith and Pienaar are all hard or king players and played for Moyes at Ecerton why would you think he likes so call flair players more in this position? Maybe you are correct but I can think of any?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Unless we've got someone lined up in the immediate future to be the #7 then I've lost all hope in Valencia ever getting back to the top of his game.

Brophs

The One and Only
Buy Fallaini and give him the #7 shirt. Then immediately take it back from him and say "know yer feckin' place, son'.

Man management.

twitter thread suggester
This is quite weird.
His confidence must be well shot for him to first request the number 7 shirt and then ask for his old shirt after a year of poor performances.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
This is quite weird.
His confidence must be well shot for him to first request the number 7 shirt and then ask for his old shirt after a year of poor performances.

Did he request no.7? Or did Fergie give it to him?

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He was never a No7 type. Good player knits the side together well but a workhorse type and not a pure flair player. Interesting to see who gets it.
The 7 was cheapened forever when it was given to Owen.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Whats the difference between Valencia and a 7 year old?

A 7 year old has more confidence in his age than valencia ever did looool

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Some people are superstitious he was poor with number 7 on his back last year but the seasons before that with number 25 he was POTY he wants to move back for some luck I don't see the big deal!

Castia

There's only one Michael Owen.

In all seriousness good for him. He's had the balls to drop the number and it might reduce the pressure for himself, hopefully he can get back to his formal self.

The number 7 is now vacant....:drool:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Give it to Rooney along with a nice new contract big pay rise and the captains armband.

Am I right?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's only one Michael Owen.

In all seriousness good for him. He's had the balls to drop the number and it might reduce the pressure for himself, hopefully he can get back to his formal self.

The number 7 is now vacant....:drool:
I don't see how this can make him look like "he has balls" so to speak. He feels he's too small for number 7 at united is what it seems to me, which is disappointing considering how good he is at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.