Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy24

Why hasnt he learned any english after all this time?
I'm pretty sure that he can speak english. It's just that he seems so incredibly shy and not confident enouh when doing interviews and such.

It took him like 3 or 4 years to properly celebrate his goals as well.

Prodigy24

Yes but in the presser yesterday he waited for the spanish translation to understand the question.
I think they have to translate the questions in spanish as well since it's the Europa League against a spanish team. I could be wrong but I think it was the same when we faced Rostov, instead they translated it in russian.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's not that unusual. For the most part, he doesn't really need to. So long as he is confident with basic English away from specific interviews with his teammates on and off the field (which I'd assume he is), it's fine. At the risk of generalising, another reason may be that it is cultural for Latin American players. Aguero is another example of a player who really can't speak English. Costa had an interview on Sky Sports the other week and it was in Spanish with Henry too.

I don't know about his upbringing either, but there is a fair chance that he grew up with education at the very back of his mind. May make it harder to learn another language - which is very hard when you're an adult in the first place.

redpatron

Yes but in the presser yesterday he waited for the spanish translation to understand the question.
To be fair to big tony, he wanted to answer the question professionally and throughly. If you wanted yes and no answer he could gave you that but I'm sure the United media team told him not to be that vague. Romero did the same thing. Some words and phrases in English and Spanish don't translate smoothly and sometimes English words have different and double meanings. Jose has been doing this for a while and he still struggles in those press conferences with the English language.

I don't see the big deal, I watch too many UFC press conferences and when the Brazilian tries to handle the conference speaking English you can see them struggling and processing an answer, because they don't understand the question and they lack the experience in formal English.

He's pretty well aware and didnt want to become a internet meme.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
To be fair to big tony, he wanted to answer the question professionally and throughly. If you wanted yes and no answer he could gave you that but I'm sure the United media team told him not to be that vague. Romero did the same thing. Some words and phrases in English and Spanish don't translate smoothly and sometimes English words have different and double meanings. Jose has been doing this for a while and he still struggles in those press conferences with the English language.

I don't see the big deal, I watch too many UFC press conferences and when the Brazilian tries to handle the conference speaking English you can see them struggling and processing an answer, because they don't understand the question and they lack the experience in formal English.

He's pretty well aware and didnt want to become a internet meme.
Yeah fair point.

R'hllor

When the feck he started jumping around the ball like a rabbit?!

Edit: We should have short GIF 4x speed in loop

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was obviously told to be cautious as that sisto was pretty dangerous, but he kept him very quiet. Good job Tony!

Sylar

Was hoping he would get some rest but looks like he will have to play almost every minute of every game left. Thankfully hes built like a tank and looks like he will be able to do that (now that Young is probably out for the rest of the season).

Rossa

I like him a lot, but I thought he was a little bit average yesterday. A couple of misplaced passes and didn't offer much going forward. He kept their winger quiet and was very aggressive putting pressure high up the pitch. Overall, he plays worse with Lingard in front of him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He almost did something resembling a smile last night, but ended up looking a little deranged, with a touch of KloppJaw.

Immense defensively last night, against a very tricky Sisto. Sisto occasionally had the beating of him, but Valencia's recovery was excellent and it was rarely a major threat.

Whilst he didn't offer much in attack in terms of end product, I thought he handled Celta's aggressive press right out on the touchline very well. His touch and technique is sorely underrated. You could shoot the ball at him out of a cannon, and he'd nonchalantly cushion it with the side of his foot. His first touch is never too heavy. He is often heaped with praise for his physical attributes, but I don't think he quite gets the credit he deserves for his overall ability.

Robertd0803

Darmian got forward at one point and Valencia held back. First time I recall seeing that :lol:

We should rotate the captaincy more often it seems to work wonders.

Man Utd 1:1 Celta Vigo

NinjaFletch

Absolutely lost his fecking head in the last 20 minutes.

Why the feck is he taking a quick free kick in the 4th minute of injury time whilst we're defending a 1 goal lead not to mention his involvement in the Bailly red. :houllier:

Ekeke

I thought for a moment he was the one in trouble, because he pushed over the player Bailly put his hands in the face of. Still wasnt smart

Camilo

I look forward to welcoming his replacement in the summer. His defensive work is ok, but going forward he's next to useless..

Skills

Snitch
I look forward to welcoming his replacement in the summer. His defensive work is ok, but going forward he's next to useless..
Doubt it will make a difference. Out tactical instructions emasculate our full backs, so your not going to get much production out if them unless you've got prime David Beckham playing there who can cross it from deep. They're not allowed to overlap in fear of the break.

DarkXaero

He has been off form lately. Hasn't had the same impact going forward that he was earlier in the season. Although, today, our fullbacks were instructed not to go forward in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.