Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAME DIOUF 32

Can someone explain what the feck is point of him? What exactly is he doing on the pitch that anyone else in the team in his position wouldn't do any worse?
Committing increasingly cynical fouls to cover his decline.

Prodigy24

He was really lucky that Guedes couldn't do anything after beating him time and time again tonight. Looks so slow and unsure with what to do when he has the ball and it's getting more obvious with every game. Wouldn't mind starting Dalot against Newcastle, but can't see it happening since Tony is the captain as well.

youngrell

I'm fairly certain he's carrying some kind of injury. I've not seen anyone lose so much pace and confidence in themselves in such a short space of time. If it's just age, it's an incredibly rapid decline.

stevoc

Declining rapidly, was a liability tonight. Needs benched to give Dalot a run, silly decision to make him club captain.

SAFMUTD

He´s been done for a while, incredibly he is a winger converted into right back who has no ability whatsoever on the ball. Hard to remember Valencia was one of the most skilled players in the league. Right now he looks more as if Smalling was playing in the right back, no ability to pass over his marker, no ability to cross, needs to stop and think for about 3 seconds before passing the ball backwards.

I can understand him being a liability defensively but at least we should expect some attacking threath like Ashley Young. He is no where near the quality needed for a top 6 club, nevermind for a PL winning club.

Valencia being our captain just screams how bad we need a leader on the team. He is one of the poorest captains I ever seen, he doesn´t speak on the field, he doesn´t motivate his teammates, he doesn´t have personality or is respected by his teammates, ffs he doesn´t even lead the team talk when everyone gathers, I think he is the captain only because of the time he has spent in the club.

I prefer to play Dalot, Young or Darmian instead of Valencia, he is just awful to watch he is all about heart, but if that is the only thing required to play at ManUtd nowadays then we´re more than doomed.

Red00012

Dalot needs 15-20 starts this season so he can be 1st choice next season, can’t take another season of this one footed wonder.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Got NO help from Alexis, so shut up about his "dogshit".. Stopped everything in the 2nd half when the midfield couldn't come back fast enough and Guedes and Gaya got forward. Also, it was his first game back. Overall a decent performance and will get better if he stays fit.
Wrong on almost every single point. Don't know what game you were watching.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Guedes was and is really average as a footballer. Really not athletic or smart enough to punish you as a defender. Every time he got the ball Valencia made him look like a world beater. It was surreal to watch because with every scene I couldn’t believe Valencia was actually THAT done as a top level footballer. You could see that Valencia recognized this and ‘tried’ harder by going in harder on guedes but it was futile - he lost his head and positioning and any decent team would have put us 3/4 down.

Move him on with some dignity. This was the equivalence of a funeral for a top player

el3mel

Worst thing is I expect the next manager to give him some good chances as well before giving up on him. Nightmare.

Any other club and we would have never entered another season depending on him.

He´s been done for a while, incredibly he is a winger converted into right back who has no ability whatsoever on the ball. Hard to remember Valencia was one of the most skilled players in the league. Right now he looks more as if Smalling was playing in the right back, no ability to pass over his marker, no ability to cross, needs to stop and think for about 3 seconds before passing the ball backwards.

I can understand him being a liability defensively but at least we should expect some attacking threath like Ashley Young. He is no where near the quality needed for a top 6 club, nevermind for a PL winning club.

Valencia being our captain just screams how bad we need a leader on the team. He is one of the poorest captains I ever seen, he doesn´t speak on the field, he doesn´t motivate his teammates, he doesn´t have personality or is respected by his teammates, ffs he doesn´t even lead the team talk when everyone gathers, I think he is the captain only because of the time he has spent in the club.

I prefer to play Dalot, Young or Darmian instead of Valencia, he is just awful to watch he is all about heart, but if that is the only thing required to play at ManUtd nowadays then we´re more than doomed.
Agree with most of this - however, never was Valencia one of the most ‘skilled players in the league’. At one point he was effective, but essentially as a kick and rush player, he’s never had any notible skills, and he only ever went round someone with his pace.

Everything else is spot on, and he should be nowhere near the first team let alone our captain.

snk123

At one point he was effective, but essentially as a kick and rush player, he’s never had any notible skills, and he only ever went round someone with his pace.
:lol:

Valencia has more to his game than people who just watch the last game give him credit for. He has always had an excellent first touch (is that not a skill anymore? I'm sure Rashford and Lukaku wished they had that), pinpoint passing, link up play and a great shot.

You don't always need Ronaldinho like skills to be a great footballer. Valencia has been one of our best and most consistent players in the last 10 years. Cut him some slack.

Flytan

He's old and he hasn't been useful in attacking for 3 years now. His defense used to be solid but age seems to have caught up with him. Can't believe we still start him honestly. If I see him pretend to go left one more time just to cross it to the opposing team I'm going to gouge my eyes out.

Ashley R1+O

I mean, what more can you say. Low key conspiracy hat take: He's the cause of our complacent "don't blame us we just play, blame Mourinho" culture. How on earth is he captain? I'll never understand it. What a mess.

Thiagoal

Watching Ethan Laird bombing up and down the touch line in the game before; taking players on and adding so much to the U19's attack makes me wonder why he's not displacing Tony?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Him, Mata and (dare I say it) Sanchez seem done. Youngsters of dubious quality look better than them at their respective positions and so do most EPL level players. Even if Mourinho leaves I don’t see them surviving here past next summer.
I'm worried the next manager might give him, and a few others chances to "prove themselves" when all these bunch of players have been proving themselves to be not up to it anymore for the past few seasons.

Canagel

Officially done. Just a passenger out there. Both defensively and offensively. It was like playing with 10 men the first half with the the way they were walking into our box unchallenged from his side. Should've been hooked at HT.

IAmAWinner

Really bad performance. Should be his last season here. Has offered nothing in attack since his great season in 11/12 and looks sloppy defensively now. The season is over anyway, so Dalot should play every game from now on.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I honestly don't understand how a player regresses like that in terms of crossing. I mean when he was a winger, he used to be so good at crossing with precision, he was genuinely aiming at players and Rooney had a good period scoring headers thanks to him. Nowadays, he puts no effort into it, he just blindly smashes them.

:lol:

Valencia has more to his game than people who just watch the last game give him credit for. He has always had an excellent first touch (is that not a skill anymore? I'm sure Rashford and Lukaku wished they had that), pinpoint passing, link up play and a great shot.

You don't always need Ronaldinho like skills to be a great footballer. Valencia has been one of our best and most consistent players in the last 10 years. Cut him some slack.
Valencia has rarely been good enough. For one season he and Rooney were on fire, otherwise he’s been a largely poor winger, and I’ve never thought he’s ever been good enough to be our starting RB - and over the past 3 seasons he’s got worse and worse. He was a valuable squad player, in the same way the likes of Park, Fortune and Young have been, that’s all.

When you talk about a skilful player, then you expect something more then the basics of being able to trap a ball, otherwise every single professional football is skilful - comparing him to Lukuku proves my point, he’s not what you would call a skilful player, and no one would claim he is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is done, physically he is done too. He is not quick anymore and his ability on the ball is just poor. About time we play with Dalot or some other option.

Kostov

It's a sign that we should invest game time into Dalot. Play the kid, this season is a let off anyway, at least we might sort a problematic situation for years to come.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Valencia has rarely been good enough. For one season he and Rooney were on fire, otherwise he’s been a largely poor winger, and I’ve never thought he’s ever been good enough to be our starting RB - and over the past 3 seasons he’s got worse and worse. He was a valuable squad player, in the same way the likes of Park, Fortune and Young have been, that’s all.

When you talk about a skilful player, then you expect something more then the basics of being able to trap a ball, otherwise every single professional football is skilful - comparing him to Lukuku proves my point, he’s not what you would call a skilful player, and no one would claim he is.
That season, we really played some amazing wing play.

red4ever 79

Clearly he is done. Last night we basically played with 10 men. Most of their attacks came down our left, there were some occasions in the second half when they came at us and he wasnt even in his position. Let's hope he makes an honest decision with himself and asks the club to rip up his contract.

Reddevildans

I've never been a fan. He's the most one dimensional and fustrating player at united and I include sanchez and pogba in there. The amount of time and space he gets on the ball he should be more productive and creative. His technique of cross only leads to the gk gathering or hitting the opposition defenders shins. No whip no danger. He was good before he broke his leg but ever since has declined dramatically, especially offensively. One of 7 or 8 players that shouldn't be at the club yet still is.

rampo

Apparently, he liked an instagram post saying something along the lines of "It's time for Mourinho to go".

Red_toad

I'm fairly certain he's carrying some kind of injury. I've not seen anyone lose so much pace and confidence in themselves in such a short space of time. If it's just age, it's an incredibly rapid decline.
Injury would obviously slow you down & yes he’s got an injury issue. He’s still rapid, he’s just unable to go fill out. He’d most likely not have played had young been fit.

Renegade

Mourinho will react late to this, shades of Ivanovic in his 2nd Chelsea spell. Thanks for everything Tony but your legs are shot.

DickDastardly

When you look at it, it's quite unbelivable he managed to play all these years for us.

A real cock up from the club and all the post Fergie managers to be honest. Not replacing him.
Even my wife, with zero football knowledge was commenting on his onesidedness.

You always know where he's going, his body faces to the middle of the park, the ball is in his right foot, and ONE out of THREE things happen.
He either passes it back after getting pressed.
He passes it to a teamate and runs forward. (that sound great, but in reality it's sooooo predictable and gets you nothing but trouble for our ball receiving player)
Or, and this is so rare that it might get crossed of the list, he tries to take on a man. If he somehow manages to do that, he smashes the ball into his feet.

Useless.

Red_toad

He is done, physically he is done too. He is not quick anymore and his ability on the ball is just poor. About time we play with Dalot or some other option.
Dalot is being correctly introduced into the team. Jose options last night were Darmian or Valencia. He choose his best option. Despite how poor Val was he’s better than the alternative... shame Young was injured...

Litch

May or maybe not be done, he's been a great pro for Utd. I do think that there are also other factors that clearly are happening at the club that's influencing performances too....

SirAF

Ageist
To be fair, it wouldn’t surprise me if he just saw a picture post of himself and liked it without reading the caption :lol:

Hughes35

Great player for the club and very good pro. I am surprised that nobody seems to point how heavy he looks in the last couple of seasons.

Look at how big he looks compared to 6 or 7 years ago, it's no wonder he hasn't got a change of pace. I don't think it's all muscle either.

Status
Not open for further replies.