Antonio Valencia is the laziest full back in the league

svn

What's your next thread? Scholes has the worst distribution of all time? Peter Crouch is too short? Steven Gerrard has stable footing?

friend

He doesn't make off the ball runs when play is down that wing because he is the entire right wing. Unlike Shaw or whoever plays on the left, he's not the support player for the winger, rather he is the winger and that's why he's on the ball so often.

stevoc

just a couple of times I remember him being 20/30 yards behind the play.....

found that strange for him

maybe alternating who attacked at points with Shaw
Yeah i'd believe thats more likely. Tony likes to get forward, but he's sensible also. Plus Lingard wasn't great in tracking back and he was losing the ball a lot last night for me, which i think stopped Valancia from overlapping so much. As he was worried about their left winger getting in behind him.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He's got 99 (well, maybe not, but he does have some) problems, but (being) a lazy bitch ain't one.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Marcus Rashford is the slowest forward in the league.

Ander Herrera is the most uninterested player in the league.

Wayne Rooney has zero libido when he sees a senior citizen.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What you described right there is the exact reason he is the best right back in the world in a Mourinho team.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Lazy is the last work I think I would use to describe Valencia.

ghagua

Not Valencia's biggest fan, but he gets no help in attack on the right side. He is left to do his own thing while Lingard and Mata drift in congesting the middle of the pitch.

Andersons Dietician

The man doesn't ever make a run unless he's 100% certain he'll be passed the ball out there. There's so much space to be occupied out on the wing, yet he he's so reluctant to push up afraid of having to chase back. When play is down that wing, he doesn't make an off ball run to create options. Just cramps up the entire pitch.

He was the best winger in the league for a few years. Teams should be terrified of him, but his lack of off ball effort blunts the potential for carnage out there. Far less talented full backs, seem to be more effective in the final third because of their willingness to run.

A bit inflammatory but let's discuss.
Think you've kind of got a point but it's not laziness, it's that he has defensive shackles on him and can't commit as he would like to A's Jose doesn't want him ahead of say the winger he is up against or worse the fullback incase it breaks down.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think the OP missed his cue on April 1st.

Otherwise it's the worst thread starter I can remember in a long while.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Pound for pound, this is the worst thread in Caf history, and I've been responsible for a few whoppers...

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
This is a wum thread right? Valencia lazy?!? Seriously he's got to be one of the most hard working players we've ever had.

My player of the season.

Acole9

Outstanding
How is he lazy :lol:. He's one of the most hard working players in the squad.

snk123

The thing with Valencia is he's way more talented and skilled than he shows on the pitch. His passing is extremely underrated/underused - he can create a perfect through ball for the forward but he rarely makes those passes. e.g. the pass he made to Ibrahimowich in the last game. Similarly, his shooting is top notch and his shots are on target more often than not but he rarely shoots.

I want him to do more because he clearly has more in his locker.