Antonio Valencia is the laziest full back in the league

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The man doesn't ever make a run unless he's 100% certain he'll be passed the ball out there. There's so much space to be occupied out on the wing, yet he he's so reluctant to push up afraid of having to chase back. When play is down that wing, he doesn't make an off ball run to create options. Just cramps up the entire pitch.

He was the best winger in the league for a few years. Teams should be terrified of him, but his lack of off ball effort blunts the potential for carnage out there. Far less talented full backs, seem to be more effective in the final third because of their willingness to run.

A bit inflammatory but let's discuss.
Expect more from a former Berba ;)

Skills

Snitch
Someone find his distance run tonight.

He didn't stop ffs.
Apart from when he got about 20 yards past the half way line. Then he'd just stop

I am being a bit provocative tbh. You can check my posting history on him too see I'm a pretty big fan of his. And the timing of this thread isn't so great after that win, but I've got an hour walk to the train station.

arthurka

You need to get your shit together man. Drinking on a thursday night could spell problems in the future..

LargePea

Don't agree with the OP about Valencia being lazy. Nonetheless on the topic of Antonio, we should soon look to replace him with an actual footballer. He plays like an AI in the right back position.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Apart from when he got about 20 yards past the half way line. Then he'd just stop

I am being a bit provocative tbh. You can check my posting history on him too see I'm a pretty big fan of his. And the timing of this thread isn't so great after that win, but I've got an hour walk to the train station.
Put some music on.

GazTheLegend

Coming soon: "Marruoane Fellaini is the softest player in the premier league", "David de Gea's hair is a little bit shit", "Wayne Rooney doesn't sit on the bench with quite the same verve as other attacking options in the Premier League"

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Shaw being more of an attacking fullback than Darmian, Blind and Rojo, Valencia had to be more restrained tonight. Even more so after Anderlecht scored. Another away goal would have most likely meant elimination. He has very likely been the best right back in the country this season.

Mike09

The man doesn't ever make a run unless he's 100% certain he'll be passed the ball out there. There's so much space to be occupied out on the wing, yet he he's so reluctant to push up afraid of having to chase back. When play is down that wing, he doesn't make an off ball run to create options. Just cramps up the entire pitch.

He was the best winger in the league for a few years. Teams should be terrified of him, but his lack of off ball effort blunts the potential for carnage out there. Far less talented full backs, seem to be more effective in the final third because of their willingness to run.

Let's discuss whether you are on high right now or no.

Because as far what I have seen from Valencia that one of his biggest strength is his work rate. The highest work rate right back I have ever seen alongside the likes of Zanetti, Cafu and etc. He's playing two roles simultaneously this season (right back and right winger). He would have been our permanent captain if he knows how to speak english.

Thread should be closed.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

This is a WUM, surely some mods going to slap you for this.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Valencia will probably pass you running home after the match.

ti vu

Nonsense. He is now primary defender. With his partner on the wing is not real winger & often drift centrally, what Valencia does is reasonable. His off ball movement is spot on how many time he went unnoticed and got to the end of a long pass from our central player.

Yes he has flaw in he is not comfortable playing centrally in opposition half but our managers realize and asked him to do what he does best: keeping wide. Only idiot making player to play with their weakness then even expose them tactically asking him to offball movement from fullback position in 2 men midfield set up & no winger.

Son Of Sam

As opposed to playing Bellerin or O'Shea on the right wing?

Nice attempt at trolling...

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
If only he'd attack the space like Anderson, man.

Footyislife

I hope whoever created this thread knows Valencia is one our RB, and two he plays for Jose Mourinho. The rest is self explanatory; he runs as much as he is possibly allowed to.

SirAF

Ageist

NATIONAL LEVEL
NATI
NATION
NATIONAL

Valencia killed my iPad, sorry.

DatGuyRich

Some of the threads in this section are just getting worse and worse.

Its embarrassing how we are relying on Valencia, players are giving him the ball at the half way line and expecting him to drive to the byline and cross it in. No movement off the ball to help him.

Lock this thread

MadMike

I will not post reaction gifs in FF.

Witchking

What a crap thread. Valencia has been very very good this season. Gave his all today. No way is this thread justified.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just had a little nap, I woke up and read this thread now I want to go to bed again it makes my brain hurt. I'm off back to sleep.