2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

SER19

Was good tonight. It may be because of poor alternatives, but we're more balanced with him and awb on the right.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Remarkable to see Antony remember how to dribble today. His decision making still has problems but at least he took on the Galatasary defenders and caused problems down the line. I can't remember the last time he gave us a 6/10 performance before tonight.

Kopral Jono

He looked sharp and pacey, one of our better performers tonight. We need him more than ever to perform consistently.

PoTMS

He actually played well. Let down by his keeper otherwise he'd be getting a lot more plaudits for today's performance.

Irwin99

Good game. He's always been good at shielding the ball and linking up, it's just his productivity in goals, chance creation and assists isn't anywhere near what it should be. Hopefully he can kick on from now on.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Good game from him. Still painfully ineffective 1on1 vs a right back, but at least he's trying to get his head up and attempty a good pass from time to time. Will be a better player if he's not allowed to shoot.

Tony Clifton

Looked like he had actual pace over longer distances tonight…? Because for me his usual lack of sprint speed is his major flaw as a wide attacking player, never mind the one-footedness. But he looked fast tonight.

AndyMUFC

That was the best he's played in ages to be fair. We are definitely more balanced with him in the team when he's actually contributing.

miked99

Much more like it. Hopefully he's getting his confidence/mojo/whatever the feck that helps him play well back.

Also: no attempted curlers into the top corner, which was nice.

kundalini

Reasonably good performance. Seemed more focused on helping to create chances for others than his usual shots from near the edge of the box. Involved in the build-up to the first and third goals. Pass to Dalot late on should have been better, forced Dalot take a touch, which then prevented him for setting up Martial for an easy chance, eventually the ball came to Pellistri, only for the keeper to save his close range shot.

Antony's stats are surprisingly ordinary. 0 shots 1 key pass. 74% pass completion. 1 successful dribble out of 2 attempts. 1 tackle. Dispossessed twice.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Just offers no threat lets be honest. People are being kind with their praise.

criticalanalysis

Was good tonight. Came away with the ball in many tight situations and created some space or initiated good play with his passing.

Superunknown

He was quite fun to watch tonight. I don't expect that we will see this that often and this game is more of an exception rather than the rule.

CannibalSpectre

Far better than anything Rashford has shown this season. Just having desire to play the game and not lose the ball (and then jog back) every single time you get it is a huge upgrade
As bad as Rashford has been this season he's still had much better showings than Antony's performance against Galatasaray.

Rashford actually has 3 assists this season, two of them to Hojlund who Antony can't seem to find even if his life depended on it. Antony is where productivity goes to die

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
As bad as Rashford has been this season he's still had much better showings than Antony's performance against Galatasaray.

Rashford actually has 3 assists this season, two of them to Hojlund who Antony can't seem to find even if his life depended on it. Antony is where productivity goes to die
Hes played every single game and has 1 goal. I wouldn’t call Rashford productive at this point. At least Antony is doing the work off the ball.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Looked like he had actual pace over longer distances tonight…? Because for me his usual lack of sprint speed is his major flaw as a wide attacking player, never mind the one-footedness. But he looked fast tonight.
Looked that way to me too, but I think the reality is that Gala' aren't anywhere near as fast as a PL team. Looking at this game in isolation, Antony would appear to be a fast player.

Was sharp and tidy and it looks like he's willing to respond to competition for his place.

Newcastle are a proper acid test, though, because they are one hell of an athletic team and they'll be testing Antony's mettle if he gets the start.

Sgreddevil

Improved performance but still largely invisible and no end product. Not good enough to do just that for man utd.
This is what we thought we were getting and we could have this on our right with Garnacho on left.
youtu.be/Oe1Fz9n0hpE?si=Vx1ulThfCNlaySkK

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I was happy with him last night. Not selfish, good sparks of dribbling, did his bit defensively.
Certainly should not be receiving criticism for the draw.

Lyng

I was happy with him last night. Not selfish, good sparks of dribbling, did his bit defensively.
Certainly should not be receiving criticism for the draw.
Yup, really enjoyed his play yesterday. Used his overlapping fullback well and was actually searching for his attacking partners. Hope he builds on this performance.

redcucumber

Reasonably good performance. Seemed more focused on helping to create chances for others than his usual shots from near the edge of the box. Involved in the build-up to the first and third goals. Pass to Dalot late on should have been better, forced Dalot take a touch, which then prevented him for setting up Martial for an easy chance, eventually the ball came to Pellistri, only for the keeper to save his close range shot.

Antony's stats are surprisingly ordinary. 0 shots 1 key pass. 74% pass completion. 1 successful dribble out of 2 attempts. 1 tackle. Dispossessed twice.
Can't be right. He had that dribble in the first half where he skinned 2 players before being hacked down and then the dribble that preceded the pass to AWB who assisted the goal. Had another in the first half where he went past someone and passed it to Hojlund who was dispossessed.

Sylar

One of his best performances for us, which says a lot because I don't think it or he is good enough overall. But better than previous showings and looked a threat which helped us in attack in the game.

We will see if its a one off or a one in fifty thing. I want to try stay positive despite all signs being he struggles to dribble past good defenders and his passing isn't great, and he can't really cross or use his right foot. Hopefully a turning point

Newcastle 1:0 Man Utd

Kingofwinners

We improved when he came on but that probably says more about Rashford’s effort level, could have had a goal. He looks like he cares, I would love to see only players that work hard get a start.

NoPace

We improved when he came on but that probably says more about Rashford’s effort level, could have had a goal. He looks like he cares, I would love to see only players that work hard get a start.
He's very frustrating, but he's an actual RW and he's young enough to improve. If Amad beats him out then so be it, but I think for now the least bad option is to treat him as a starter. Our overall play is much better with him out there because he gets open to receive passes, defends fine and plays wide enough that he opens up space for others.

Stadjer

Should have started. Played decent in the CL and played as also improved the team when he came on yesterday. He also is an actual right winger.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Antony hasn't looked like a complete waste of space for two games running. You should expect more from £80m signing. However, after everything we've seen from him, I guess we have to see this as progress.