Squad Number: #21
Position: Attack - Right Winger
Foot: Left
Player Agent: 4ComM
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2027
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Puma​

zaafi

No chance. Man went 7 months between league goals last season.
He was quite unlucky as well, with so many of his shots either hitting the post, crossbar or just wide. Just have a look at his expected goals and you'll see he is more of a goal threat than you'd think. Constantly gets into dangerous positions and also surprisingly decent being in the right spot for the rebound.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not impressive today, hopefully he will build on it over the next couple of weeks and have a strong season. We really need him to.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Not impressive today, hopefully he will build on it over the next couple of weeks and have a strong season. We really need him to.
You could repost this after most matches for this upcoming season. He doesn’t have the raw tools to ever be good enough to start for a club aiming to win the league.

Red 142

Not clinical enough. Though neither does Amad seem to be yet either.

Lack of goalscoring was a huge problem for Utd last season and lack of threat and dynamism from the RW was almost as much a much a major cause of that as the lack of CF - it was still a major problem even with Rashford up top. I don't imagine he or Amad will really step up next season and lift the massive scoring burden slightly off Rashford. I don't think either will do much to bridge the gap which there was to City and Arsenal.

Assuming Utd sign a CF, then RW will become the main problem with stifling Utd's attacking play again, that is, unless someone manages to return and return to form.

Brightonian

I'm really excited to see what Antony produces this season. He has the kind of raw materials that don't come up all the time. The things he needs to improve are the sorts of things that generally do improve once a player - especially a younger player - has had a chance to settle in to a new country and a new club.

What he's already shown:
- Gifted close control dribbler
- Pace
- Press-resistant/retains possession
- Hard-working and positionally disciplined off the ball (defensively)
- Hard-working and positionally intelligent off the ball (offensively)
- Dangerous from range
- Puts away his straightforward chances

What he needs to improve:
- Killer instinct/directness. If you've beaten a man (or two) in their half... attack! Worth losing the ball more to go for the jugular more.
- Keeping those range shots on target. Be more choosy about when to try it, and just get it right more often. He's more than capable of this.
- Mix up choices more. In particular, he should actively work on two moves:
---------- Steal a yard on the outside and whip an instant cross in ("the Valencia"). He cuts inside too predictably.
---------- Short reverse through-balls when dribbling across the front of the back four. His excellent close dribbling means defenders have to focus on blocking his shot when he
does this. We already see that. With a proper #9 making the correct little run, this should be bread and butter and yield at least 10 league goals over the course of a season.

With a full pre-season under his belt, more settled into club and country, the genuine competition of Amad and/or Pellistri keeping him hungry, a year's more coaching from ETH, and likely earlier ball supply as a result of the tactical impact of Onana, I think there's a very good chance it really clicks for him this season and we see some serious goal/assist numbers.

We must must must have a proper #9 in the side. Antony, Rashford, Bruno, Mount... none of them can do their jobs properly without a #9.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am very interested to see the Antony vs Sancho vs Amad battle this season. Although Antony talents and "raw tools" are questionable, he works the hardest and is actually the only attacking player who is effective at doing the defensive work. That said, the situation changes now as with Mount playin in the middle, I don't think we will need so much of that workrate from Antony and I'd rather have a player that is more likely to hurt the opposition.

As a person that thinks Antony has to work on his strongest foot first before thinking about the weaker foot, I will be very interested how his second season goes with no excuse of no pre-season and stuff. I don't think the bar is high on RW anyway, so up to him to prove he deserves that starting spot.

El Jefe

I predict another season of disappointment. He's not good enough and never will in my opinion.

Rake

I predict another season of disappointment. He's not good enough and never will in my opinion.
I think he could be more useful on the left wing. He won't be able to cut inside as easily, but he will be able to utilize the full width of the pitch.

Watched Kane on Hot Ones recently, and he said that he dedicated a whole summer to using only his left foot to train and that is how he developed that part of his game. I feel like the path to Antony unlocking his full potential is being able to use his right foot freely.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think he could be more useful on the left wing. He won't be able to cut inside as easily, but he will be able to utilize the full width of the pitch.

Watched Kane on Hot Ones recently, and he said that he dedicated a whole summer to using only his left foot to train and that is how he developed that part of his game. I feel like the path to Antony unlocking his full potential is being able to use his right foot freely.
If he just learns to go outside the fullback two out of five times, he might have an easier time creating chances and setting up his shot. He’s not fast enough to do a Robben, where you know what’s coming but he’ll do it anyway. He’s slightly quicker than Sancho and far less tricky.

Sylar

The one thing whilst he was on the left, was that he was more willing to take people on given it was on his strongest foot.

Im interested to see how his crossing is this season. It was a big disappointment last season. (maybe im being harsh, but I am used to United widemen being able to cross the ball and not just hit the first man).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I am expecting a big season from him. He got goals against Arsenal Barca and City. He can do it against the big teams. He just needs in all to come together more often and he’ll be a really dangerous player for us. At this point I’m much less worried about Antony than Sancho (who I still think can find a lot more aggression and fight in his play and go up levels)

Telsim

Supposedly, going to turn into prime Robben next season. Or so I was told. Eager to see it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I am expecting a big season from him. He got goals against Arsenal Barca and City. He can do it against the big teams. He just needs in all to come together more often and he’ll be a really dangerous player for us. At this point I’m much less worried about Antony than Sancho (who I still think can find a lot more aggression and fight in his play and go up levels)
Same here. I gave him some slack last year, because he came during beginning of the season, on Arsenal match, without preseason. It's time for him to pick up a tempo and zip it.

Quite intriguing situation with Sancho, imo there's a slight chance of him to occupy more central role from the look of things. Could be his final chance, if things turn ugly again.

Tony247

Need lot of training on right foot. Otherwise teams are going to nullify his game. Not that he is of any great danger to them, but still whatever usefulness he has will be gone.

Redstain

He should be a player playing behind a more prolific attacker in his position. The entire attacking lineup underperformed last season aside Rashford not just a specific position but a compilation of positions. A priority this summer should have been a right winger. Disappointing if United go into the new season with Sancho / Antony as regulars the team will not progress.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, I'm not really worried about Antony. He stretches the game well, works hard defensively and also good ball carrier. Need to convert some of the easy chances he missed, will be decent goal scorer. Sancho lacks intensity, you always feel he is very casual with and without ball. This is something Antony has in abundance, his game is always intense.

mu4c_20le

Yeah, I'm not really worried about Antony. He stretches the game well, works hard defensively and also good ball carrier. Need to convert some of the easy chances he missed, will be decent goal scorer. Sancho lacks intensity, you always feel he is very casual with and without ball. This is something Antony has in abundance, his game is always intense.
How many g/a do you think Antony would've gotten in germany?

roonster09

Scout
Just curious how this intensity should translate into goal contributions
Even if I say some number, how can I prove that or how can you disprove that? So how exactly you and me should be arguing those points that is based on hypothetical situation.

mu4c_20le

Even if I say some number, how can I prove that or how can you disprove that? So how exactly you and me should be arguing those points that is based on hypothetical situation.
As I said, I was curious. With Sancho, we at least saw what he was capable of. Antony hasn't shown anything close to that. Of course I'm hoping he turns it on this season as well, I just wanted to see where your confidence was coming from.

"need to start converting the easy chances" that's a big IF. If weggy converted his chances he'd be a PL striker.

roonster09

Scout
As I said, I was curious. With Sancho, we at least saw what he was capable of. Antony hasn't shown anything close to that. Of course I'm hoping he turns it on this season as well, I just wanted to see where your confidence was coming from.

"need to start converting the easy chances" that's a big IF. If weggy converted his chances he'd be a PL striker.
That's not a big if. It's natural to expect young players to work on their game and improve it.

Lyng

Antony can frustrate me alot with his decision making at times, but he is very young. The one thing he does, that gives me a lot of hope, is make sure he is always available. His runs off the ball helps our team so much and stretches our play which makes it harder for our opponents to lock us down.
I think Amad and Garnacho probably have a higher ceiling than Antony but I am still sure Antony will come good for us. Amad, Antony, Garnacho and Rashford is a nice set of options on the wings in my opinion.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
After the euros I felt that Sancho and Rashford lacked a hunger or killer instinct in their overall game that would hold them back. Rashford has proved me wrong last season. I wanted Sancho when we signed him because he clearly wanted to come, he’s technically excellent and we should always have as strong an English NT core as possible. I still really do think he eventually can come good for us just maybe not to the extent some imagined. He’ll probably never be a talisman but he’ll still have a big part to play

Antony is levels above currently in aggression and confidence for lack of a better word? I can see him hitting the ground running and banging a few goals and then we will hopefully see the potential start to realise itself. He’s a one trick pony but the trick is effective! Antony, Mount, a strong striker, Rashford and Bruno pulling defenders everywhere should give everyone more space to do damage, we should rack up nice scores against some of the weaker sides. I think it’s really going to click this season and Antony looks poised to capitalise if he’s focused and he can stay fit.

roonster09

Scout
After the euros I felt that Sancho and Rashford lacked a hunger or killer instinct in their overall game that would hold them back. Rashford has proved me wrong last season. I wanted Sancho when we signed him because he clearly wanted to come, he’s technically excellent and we should always have as strong an English NT core as possible. I still really do think he eventually can come good for us just maybe not to the extent some imagined. He’ll probably never be a talisman but he’ll still have a big part to play

Antony is levels above currently in aggression and confidence for lack of a better word? I can see him hitting the ground running and banging a few goals and then we will hopefully see the potential start to realise itself. He’s a one trick pony but the trick is effective! Antony, Mount, a strong striker, Rashford and Bruno pulling defenders everywhere should give everyone more space to do damage, we should rack up nice scores against some of the weaker sides. I think it’s really going to click this season and Antony looks poised to capitalise if he’s focused and he can stay fit.
Yeah, I have some hope for Sancho too, after all he was very good for Dortmund and the numbers he produced was awesome, especially for young player.

I think Rashford and Antony will be our first choice wingers, Sancho will be back up for LW position.

lex talionis

If we had a proper 9 we could afford a hard working but unproductive RW like Antony, but as of this moment our only 9 is Martial…which means there is no one for Antony to build scoring chances that he just cannot create on his own.

We cannot go into the new season without a proper 9.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would like to healthy competition this season between him and Amad - hopefully both pushing each other to perform better

Howl

Yeah, I have some hope for Sancho too, after all he was very good for Dortmund and the numbers he produced was awesome, especially for young player.

I think Rashford and Antony will be our first choice wingers, Sancho will be back up for LW position.
I think he could be a good midfielder but as a winger he doesn't have the physical abilities to do it in the Premier League in my opinion. Antony, while weak, is pretty quick, just needs to use it more which he was at the end of the season. I've said previously, last summer/season was the first time since Fergie that our signings have improved over the course of the season whereas under the other managers we've had signings come in and play very well but they taper off as the season goes on which is why I think its the best we've had in a decade. Antony's progression last season gives me hope that he will continue to improve this coming season, as he has all the tools to succeed here.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he could be a good midfielder but as a winger he doesn't have the physical abilities to do it in the Premier League in my opinion. Antony, while weak, is pretty quick, just needs to use it more which he was at the end of the season. I've said previously, last summer/season was the first time since Fergie that our signings have improved over the course of the season whereas under the other managers we've had signings come in and play very well but they taper off as the season goes on which is why I think its the best we've had in a decade. Antony's progression last season gives me hope that he will continue to improve this coming season, as he has all the tools to succeed here.
The bolded part is very questionable.