2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

soapythecat

His antics are just another indication of the erosion of standards this club is suffering from. If you think what he did, after a dog shit performance he put in, needs their head checking. Odious little cnut.

siw2007

Didnt play well at all on Sunday. Thought he wa led turning a bit of a corner but that was back to his worst displays.

I don’t like it when Antony starts giving it large to the opposition most times.However, one of their players did try and goad the United supporters after scoring his pen so I don’t have an issue with him giving it back. Just because they are Coventry, they’re the underdogs doesn’t mean that they are immune from having take the stick if they’ve dished it out. And in fairness to their players, they haven’t made any noise, so they probably understand what happened too. But I would probably prefer Antony to tone it down in the future.

cpresc

Whatever happened to "he's a c**t but he's our c**t"

tbh I fear our fans here are being a little too woke.. personally one of the things I love about Utd over the years is that we've always had a few nasty feckers in the team.. what about Cantona's flying kick...

If Antony was banging the goals in, we'd love him
If Rashford showed a similar nasty streak, we'd love him

Show some support - he's one of us (until he's isn't)

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
As usual the media are quick to pounce on anything Manchester United but what about Hagi Wright?!
Isn't he a sh*t too for taunting the United fans after scoring his penalty?

I'm not saying that Antony was right in doing that as a reply to Wright but come on!

As regards Antony's football performances that is something different and he's not worth the 86 Million.

But feck Wright, Var, Refs, FA and the media United hating cnuts.

Pericles

tbh I fear our fans here are being a little too woke.. personally one of the things I love about Utd over the years is that we've always had a few nasty feckers in the team.. what about Cantona's flying kick...

The key word is if he was banging goals. Cantona, Keano, Sparky and others of that ilk were loved because they could also perform at a high level.
Antony is just a cvnt for cvnt’s sake. Big difference.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

He hasn't done anything to be our cnut outside of signing a contract. At the end of the day, the feeling that a player belongs is highly linked to positive shared experiences.

Abraxas

More interested in his rubbish performances than his celebrations.

Do your job and you can get away with most things. Within reason.

The issue with Antony is primarily one of ability.

binary bot
Things that can give you leeway in football / life = being good, being at a smaller club/lower expectations, being cheap, having a good reputation (whether true or not), looking a certain way, carrying yourself a certain way.

Antony hits every single one of these things in a negative way. If you could create somebody with a negative perception, you’d create Antony. The guy has no self awareness and given himself a short rope for incidents like this.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I'm a bit confused, what were they doing to provoke him/the fans? Seems a bit of a strange tweet from Antony to be honest.
Watch the first Coventry player who scored his penalty in the shootout. The guy was cupping his ear to the United fans and telling them to pipe down. I have no issues with that, nor do I have any issues with Antony giving some back to the Coventry player. All part of the game.

In fact, it would be nice if some of our other players had a bit of bite to their game and showed that they care every now and then (yes, Wan-Bissaka - I'm looking at you).

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Reminder, since our game against Everton on the 9th October 2022, Antony has managed 1 goal and 3 assists in the PL.

He's probably our worst ever big money transfer.

SER19

The more I see meltdown over it, from our own fans, from pundits, and from opposition players - the more I love it. What utter overreacting, a big collective meltdown over little old Coventry almost winning in the 120th minute. Guess what, he was offside, and they shouldn't have had a 95th minute penalty either. They were all happy acting like tough guys before then and I dont doubt that their fans were doing what opposition fans have done all season. Oh tragedy, the footballer has cupped his ears. Grow up drama queens

Nicoteiro

The more I see meltdown over it, from our own fans, from pundits, and from opposition players - the more I love it. What utter overreacting, a big collective meltdown over little old Coventry almost winning in the 120th minute. Guess what, he was offside, and they shouldn't have had a 95th minute penalty either. They were all happy acting like tough guys before then and I dont doubt that their fans were doing what opposition fans have done all season. Oh tragedy, the footballer has cupped his ears. Grow up drama queens

Thing is

If you're gonna be classless in one of the most prestigious and biggest clubs in the world (which is what some people here don't get) at least do it after a good performance.

He has a couple good performances since he arrived for 100M. I can count them with one hand. His G/A are also counted with one hand. Maybe if a firework exploded near my hand, I could still have enough fingers left to count his contributions. He costed 100M. He earns tons of money on a weekly basis.

The standard is so low right now, people here are celebrating what he did against a mid-table championship level team.

If you're gonna be an cvnt, then back it up with your play like Emi Martinez, who is the first that comes to my mind with these stupid things.

marksam91

In hindsight, Antony cusping his ear was the smartest thing he could have done. It focused the conversation on that pointless antic, rather than on what it should be: his performance. In a match against a mid-table championship side, he was still among the worst players on the pitch.

Oscar Bonavena

If he was any good, or if it was City or Liverpool we had beaten, United fans wouldn't have given a shit if he personally mooned every single opposition player Braveheart style.

But Antony hasn't earned the right to do that, plus it's a bit embarrassing for a United player to be "trolling" a Championship side.

SER19

Thing is

If you're gonna be classless in one of the most prestigious and biggest clubs in the world (which is what some people here don't get) at least do it after a good performance.

He has a couple good performances since he arrived for 100M. I can count them with one hand. His G/A are also counted with one hand. Maybe if a firework exploded near my hand, I could still have enough fingers left to count his contributions. He costed 100M. He earns tons of money on a weekly basis.

The standard is so low right now, people here are celebrating what he did against a mid-table championship level team.

If you're gonna be an cvnt, then back it up with your play like Emi Martinez, who is the first that comes to my mind with these stupid things.
I dont think many people are celebrating it though. Not having a meltdown and reading into it as some 'erosion' of the club, isnt the same as celebrating. Maybe some people saw a three second release of tension after a very tense extra time and shootout, with a gesture aimed at players/fans that our manager have said were being provocative. There's been a massive overreaction and people are reading way too much into it. He's clearly a very emotional and reactive player. And once again, it is in the context of this mid table championship team that are supposedly so worthy of respect, behaving like prats themselves.

cpresc

He hasn't done anything to be our cnut outside of signing a contract. At the end of the day, the feeling that a player belongs is highly linked to positive shared experiences.
He scored a great goal against Liverpool recently.. I dunno.. maybe we should give him a chance

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He scored a great goal against Liverpool recently.. I dunno.. maybe we should give him a chance
If that's the bar to be compared to Cantona then we have hundreds of them. And Antony has all the chances that he can take, until he actually does something meaningful is part of something meaningful he is unlikely to be a fan favorite, that applies to every players.

saik

This guy is tragic. What a shite player.
Huh, he could have easily had couple of assists. Are you sure you watched the game ?

Edit: Genuinely surprised by people's reactions here. He was alright and could have had an assist if Garnacho could finish. I certainly didn't think he was terrible.

On the other hand, people calling for Amad to start, he was very quiet today when he came on.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Huh, he could have easily had couple of assists. Are you sure you watched the game ?

Edit: Genuinely surprised by people's reactions here. He was alright and could have had an assist if Garnacho could finish. I certainly didn't think he was terrible.

On the other hand, people calling for Amad to start, he was very quiet today when he came on.
Yes I watched the game. If this is the basis of a player being alright then standards are on the floor.

Stadjer

He was fine in the first half. Should have gotten an assist at the very least. That being said, he is already one of the most disliked players in the squad so his performance will be rated 'dreadfull' even if it was okay-ish. We all know he isnt worth the money... judge him on his game, not on his price because he will never live up to his price.

Would like to see Amad get a start over him though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Turn Back Tony v2, except the original was quite a good player.

This guy is a fraud and the biggest transfer flop in football history. £80 million, £200,000 a week and zero talent.

Flying high

Yes I watched the game. If this is the basis of a player being alright then standards are on the floor.
No he was quite good tonight. Not good enough to erase the crap he put in earlier this year, but he's had a couple of decent/good performances lately. I'd like to think fans of the club could ease off a bit.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No he was quite good tonight. Not good enough to erase the crap he put in earlier this year, but he's had a couple of decent/good performances lately. I'd like to think fans of the club could ease off a bit.
He passes it back almost every time he has it. Has a few pot shots which are never on target. But sure, let's accept these performances as quite good.

Roboc7

He was just about ok, not as bad as he usually is but he is complete lost cause, he just doesn’t have the quality at this level. Need to just accept he is a flop and give Amad a chance at least.

Mike Smalling

He was fine in the first half. Should have gotten an assist at the very least. That being said, he is already one of the most disliked players in the squad so his performance will be rated 'dreadfull' even if it was okay-ish. We all know he isnt worth the money... judge him on his game, not on his price because he will never live up to his price.

Would like to see Amad get a start over him though.
100% this.

It wasn't a dreadful performance, but of course you'd expect more from a £90m player. It's not like he was constantly giving the ball away or not getting involved at all.

mu4c_20le

From the MEN

Antony

Little end product despite some reasonable openings. Hooked for Amad in the 56th minute after another harmless performance. Many United fans cheered when he was removed. 4

edgecutter

Murtough and ETH have a lot to answer for with this signing. Luckily one got his marching orders.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I've given up on him. Certainly one of the worst value signings in football history, which is an embarrassing statement to have levied against you. He doesn't have the physical nor mental attributes to succeed at the highest level - a definite stain on our recruitment strategy.

Telsim

I don't hate the guy. Unfortunately, after two years the best thing I can say about him is still that he cares and works hard. That's great, and certainly more than some others, and I appreciate it but... it's just not enough. I don't know, maybe he would be better in a less dysfunctional possession-based team somehow... but I just don't see it.