2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Stig

Another game without an attacking contribution.
This is m problem with Antony, his inability or refusal to go down the line and make a right footed cross, or for that matter even pass with his right foot means that all he ever overs is a square pass in field or the occasional floated ball into the box which never pays dividends.

He subtracts more by being in the team than his defending adds positives.

gza the genius

Thought he played well, but he never looks like scoring.
This. He does a lot of things very well but he's just absolutely useless offensively, which is a pretty big problem for a winger. He's very good in tight spaces, good with quick passing, great work rate and pressing. I wonder if he'd be any use more centrally? I've basically given up on him as winger.

Devil81

He plays the game like he's on a five aside pitch wanting to take the piss. He beats his man then does that weird drag with his left foot waiting to pull off another trick when we're all screaming for him to hit the line and go.

He's a below average show pony Brazilian.

El Jefe

He’s playing better but too often I find myself watching other teams and think there’s another right sided attacker better than Antony.

Him being a nailed on starter for most of his time here explains a lot about why we struggle to score or create.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Am I being harsh when I say I actually don't think he played well at all? I appreciate that he's a hard worker who always puts in the effort, but to a lot of people that creates the illusion of an acceptable performance. I'm not seeing it.

He is getting better, good to see. He is taking his man on and trying to be more direct. Exactly what we want to see.

Bondi77

Am I being harsh when I say I actually don't think he played well at all? I appreciate that he's a hard worker who always puts in the effort, but to a lot of people that creates the illusion of an acceptable performance. I'm not seeing it.
Not being harsh at all.
I think the posters on here that seem to think he is playing well seem to forget what his position on the pitch is and what a RW is supposed to do and that is to be an offensive weapon on the right flank.
I get that he works hard and presses and can look good when he is on the touchline when not in a danger area but we need creativity and goals from our attacking players and he is not up to it.

The Irish Connection

There was a bit of play from him in the first half, when he cut inside and ballooned a kind of cross to no one within 15 yards and it went straight out for a goal kick, and I just muttered ‘85 million’ to myself. Christ.
We have to fix that position. Amad has potential but that’s all. It’s criminal how bad our forwards/wingers are apart from Garnacho, although he can be inconsistent still.

Danny

He is getting better, good to see. He is taking his man on and trying to be more direct. Exactly what we want to see.
He must be the easiest wide player to defend against. Even if he beats you he can't race away, he's unbelievably one footed and just can't vary his attacks. Poor end product too.

Lee565

Another one of eth master stroke signings along with all the others

kaku06

He has made me lose faith in Brazilians. How did he get out of the favelas like this?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Even Valencia was more productive than him, and he would at least win loads of corners. Imagine thinking forward productive as him is good enough to play for Manchester United.

I am not bothered to check, but I reckon he must be the most unproductive winger that played for us(at leaat for those that played 50+ games). I would even bet most of non defensive midfielders were more productive than him. Many good teams even have more productive fullbacks than him.

el3mel

I knew he hasn't scored a single goal this season and we are already midway but went to check before confirming it.

Great to have a winger with literally zero productive value, especially when he had costed you +70m. Other clubs must be envious of us.

tob

This is m problem with Antony, his inability or refusal to go down the line and make a right footed cross, or for that matter even pass with his right foot means that all he ever overs is a square pass in field or the occasional floated ball into the box which never pays dividends.

He subtracts more by being in the team than his defending adds positives.
If you're after wingers going down the byline and provide crosses, it would be much better if they could use their preferred foot for that.

I'm hoping ten Hag would just try an play our wingers on the opposite side for once. I don't get this obsession about inverted wingers. He must see that it's not working. Our attacking stats are so bad that it's obvious that we need to come up with something else. Maybe, if you put Antony on the left and Garnacho on the right, then maybe, they'd cross the ball better. Perhaps that could help Hojlund getting more chances in the box, closer to goal.

Stig

If you're after wingers going down the byline and provide crosses, it would be much better if they could use their preferred foot for that.

I'm hoping ten Hag would just try an play our wingers on the opposite side for once. I don't get this obsession about inverted wingers. He must see that it's not working. Our attacking stats are so bad that it's obvious that we need to come up with something else. Maybe, if you put Antony on the left and Garnacho on the right, then maybe, they'd cross the ball better. Perhaps that could help Hojlund getting more chances in the box, closer to goal.
Well, isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ? So, why on earth doesn't he just give that a shot.

tob

Well, isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ? So, why on earth doesn't he just give that a shot.
It really is a simple thing you could just try. In the middle of a game, switch sides. See what happens. Worst case, and you'd just have to switch back. I mean, he doesn't even try it for 10-15min. It's even normal for wingers to sometimes switch sides, just to change things up a bit for the fullback. But not for ten Hag. No way. Antony stays on the right.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I'd rather see an assist. He has 2 in his United career. Or a goal, he had 1 in 25. It's disgraceful, he should be nowhere near the team.

aeh1991

He can now pass 2 good passes followed by 8 shit ones, he can now dribble past 1-2 players just to stop and back pass, he doesn't do the ball circle thing anymore. So he improved from a 0/10 player to a 0.5/10 player, that's a start. Yes he can press, but it's not enough. He wouldn't even start for the majority of the EPL teams. If ETH wants to save his arse he gotta bin his own signings Onana, Mount and Antony.

Castia

He’s started running at defenders and looks a much better player

klayton88

He’s started running at defenders and looks a much better player
He always runs at defenders, it's just that 99% of the time he's too slow and one footed and slows everything right down by playing back or inside. He couldn't even get by Dan Burn and he's built like a giraffe.

AjaxNL

Can he go an entire premier league season without scoring/assisting, whilst playing the bulk of the minutes? That would actually be quite impressive

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
If by impressive you mean shit then yeah. He could do that as he certainly is doing it now and shows no sign of changing.
Our recruitment and quality to spend has been woeful.

Dex_Utd

I personally think that he was somewhat better for the first 7-8 games when he had just joined us. Now shot of his confidence, his limitations are becoming obvious and his main contribution is to make an occasional good pass or two.

GioF

What drives me insane is if he just went on his right side a few times even if it resulted in a poor cross he would at least give the left back that worry he could go to the right.

Mahrez would love to cut inside on his left but could go on the outside too….thats what made him dangerous. Antony just doesn’t seem to want to even try.

Andersons Dietician

Was it just me or at one point did he try a trivela pass off of his right foot? and if so why when it would have been easier to just play the pass off of his left. He never uses his right foot and then on this one occasion when the best and easiest choice was to play it off his left he does the complete opposite.

Other than that in parts he played quite well, if only he could beat men in the attacking 3rd as easily as he does in the defensive side.

TempusFugit

The club needs to move him on as quickly as possible. He isn't even an upgrade on Lingard. The entire league knows how to play against him. He always does the same thing, try to go back inside. He huffs and puffs but offers zero ball progression in the final third. Painfully limited player. Very indicative of where we are as a club, he wouldn't start for any other top 10 team in the PL. Olise, Diaby, Bailey, Kulusevski, Salah, Saka, Sterling, Foden, Almiron all miles, miles better than him. Shocking signing. Ten Hag will have to answer for this.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The club needs to move him on as quickly as possible. He isn't even an upgrade on Lingard. The entire league knows how to play against him. He always does the same thing, try to go back inside. He huffs and puffs but offers zero ball progression in the final third. Painfully limited player. Very indicative of where we are as a club, he wouldn't start for any other top 10 team in the PL. Olise, Diaby, Bailey, Kulusevski, Salah, Saka, Sterling, Foden, Almiron all miles, miles better than him. Shocking signing. Ten Hag will have to answer for this.
Spot on.
How the hell did anyone sign off his transfer.

aeh1991

Factos

Malone_Post

He would struggle to start for any other team in the league, never mind the top 10.

The fact that people are impressed with his performance yesterday is as tragic as it is hilarious. Standards are so deep in the gutter with this lad that he pulls off successful pass or a couple of dribbles and it’s deemed a good performance. He beat a man! Finally! Now let’s just ignore that, for the 24th game in a row, he contributed absolutely nothing tangible to the result. 1 goal & 2 assists in his last 34 PL games. It’s actually beyond tragic.

Anyone who thinks that was a good performance should go and watch some videos of proper wingers like Giggs, Ronaldo, Nani, Valencia etc If you’re impressed by Antony your head might explode with what you see with these lads. You could even start low and check out Ashley Young. If nothing else, he knew how to cross a ball. Something Antony has still yet to learn.

Lux Thunder

Not defending him at all, he is not up to standards this club should look for, but I feel like he is easy to defend against not just due to his own limitations but also due to lack of options and support that midfield and/or full back is offering to him.

Garnacho on the left side, who is clearly a better player on his own, is also getting some sort of support from Regulion (Shaw), Bruno also loves that side more and even Martial when playing tends to favourite dropping to that side.

As I said, not defending him, he should for sure do better but we saw on some rare occasions that he can take on his man, has an eye for a through ball and can play one-twos, it just easy job for a full back as he is having a very limited options when he is on the ball and that, combined with his own limitations, makes him and our attacking from right in general very, very predictable.

careca07

Since he signed in 2022 he has played 55 games at a running cost of more than £12 million per goal

If you add in his two assists then it’s £9.4 million per contribution which is a bit better I suppose

He earned £15 million in wages in that period

Litch

Technical ok but the lack of true pace means hes unsuited for the PL. Has anyone noticed when he cant get away, tries to get a foul?

TheGame

Technical ok but the lack of true pace means hes unsuited for the PL. Has anyone noticed when he cant get away, tries to get a foul?
It's not even true pace. You can compensate for that if you have other skills. Unfortunately whilst working hard enough, he offers nothing going forward thereby adding to our impotency in attack.

Raw

He would struggle to start for any other team in the league, never mind the top 10.

The fact that people are impressed with his performance yesterday is as tragic as it is hilarious. Standards are so deep in the gutter with this lad that he pulls off successful pass or a couple of dribbles and it’s deemed a good performance. He beat a man! Finally! Now let’s just ignore that, for the 24th game in a row, he contributed absolutely nothing tangible to the result. 1 goal & 2 assists in his last 34 PL games. It’s actually beyond tragic.

Anyone who thinks that was a good performance should go and watch some videos of proper wingers like Giggs, Ronaldo, Nani, Valencia etc If you’re impressed by Antony your head might explode with what you see with these lads. You could even start low and check out Ashley Young. If nothing else, he knew how to cross a ball. Something Antony has still yet to learn.
Spot on.

I think people are just desperately hoping that we haven't just signed yet another big money flop. As it stands he's one of the worst signings we've ever made, we'd be lucky to get even a third of the money back that we spent on him.

Superunknown

Completely agree. If this guy played for Everton or Fulham, we'd all be rightfully taking the piss and calling him one of the worst 'wingers' in the league. He doesn't actually do anything. He doesn't score, doesn't assist, can't beat a man, can't cross, isn't creative, underhits his passes and doesn't really link up that well with others around him. He's utterly useless.

I dislike him, and I dislike him even more when I consider how much money we spent on him, and how much time and effort we spent on him. Garnacho has done more than this guy has.