2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Oranges038

That pass to Garnacho was so fecking good, from what I saw he played well, but was up against Cucurella so there is also that to consider.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
[Antony plays well and scores]
Had his 1 in 20 game moment against the dippers at least. Don't expect anything from the rest of the season for him.

Slow, predictable and he's very lucky his lack of tracking didn't cost us a goal.
[Antony plays well again and gets an assist]
No not forgiving him for one good pass. In countless games he's fecked up that very same pass and the defending for the (first) penalty was atrocious.
I don't understand why you'd even bother. Why don't you just leave a nice little message slating him before the match to get it out of the way, seeing as his actual performance doesn't matter?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
[Antony plays well and scores]

[Antony plays well again and gets an assist]

I don't understand why you'd even bother. Why don't you just leave a nice little message slating him before the match to get it out of the way, seeing as his actual performance doesn't matter?
Wrong, the first post was after Brentford where he played shit again. Whilst you may be happy with his performances, the bigger picture is that he has 4 goal contributions in 32 games and has been consistently shite for us.

I'm used to a better standard of right wingers from this club than a player scared shitless to attack and conceding a penalty for us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wrong, the first post was after Brentford.

Whilst you may be happy with his performances, the bigger picture is that he has 4 goal contributions in 32 games and has been consistently shite for us.
He's had a shocking season, clearly. Whether that's because he's just a poor player, or whether he's a potentially solid player who has been in rotten form is up for debate.

I just don't get wading into the thread to slag him off even when he plays well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good player when he actually runs at his man. A bit kick and rush, but I’ll take that. Just needs to do it more and not shoot on sight.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's had a shocking season, clearly. Whether that's because he's just a poor player, or whether he's a potentially solid player who has been in rotten form is up for debate.

I just don't get wading into the thread to slag him off even when he plays well.
For me conceding a penalty, constantly cutting back, moaning at the ref, predictably using one foot, playing backwards and one good cross is not enough. Maybe it's down to style but this is just not enough for me as a United winger to throw praise at him.

Zoo

Didn’t like his reaction at the end of the game. Tough and ludicrous way to lose but it’s not the World Cup final. Gets too emotional.

Ekeke

Played very well. Worked hard and tracks back to help his defender a lot better than Garnacho and Rashford. Great ball for the assist and made better decisions today. Would deserve to stay in the team

Didnt see contact for the penalty tbh

The Substitute

So Dalot gets a shit ton of stick for a soft penalty, while this dude did a good match, but conceded a much more obvious pen. Both had good assists.
Just goes to say that if you're shit all season, just a tiny spark will give you praise

Jeffthered

Best game for us, which is something. The game was nuts, lacking quality and suited both teams. His pass for the third goal was outstanding. Cucerella is not the toughest full back, but credit Antony, he had some good moments.

TempusFugit

Played the game of his life and still lost. He looked shattered at full time. If we'd won this maybe his confidence would've been boosted and he'd be encouraged, but no the team managed to find a way to ruin it. Same thing with Mount who should've won us the Brentford game, would've been amazing for him.

RuudTom83

Hard to judge anyone when they are playing against Chelsea but it was nice to see him running in full flow.

Pickle85

For me conceding a penalty, constantly cutting back, moaning at the ref, predictably using one foot, playing backwards and one good cross is not enough. Maybe it's down to style but this is just not enough for me as a United winger to throw praise at him.
I don't think anyone is expecting you to throw praise at him. Just, as the poster below said, maybe it's a bit odd to wade in and slag him off.

DON’T PANIC ™

Didn’t like his reaction at the end of the game. Tough and ludicrous way to lose but it’s not the World Cup final. Gets too emotional.
I can understand it though. He’s been slagged all season and he finally gets a break, contributing to what could’ve/should’ve been the winner and it ends up being for nothing.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The Guardian min by min guy was slagging him off fairly often. His reputation sadly is sullied so he’ll need a bunch of games where he’s good to wipe off that stank.

Stadjer

For me conceding a penalty, constantly cutting back, predictably using one foot, playing backwards and one good cross is not enough. Maybe it's down to style but this is just not enough for me as a United winger to throw praise at him.
He did quite a bit more than just that. You can have your opinion but i think that he had a pretty good game today.

Garnacho is exciting but he does take the wrong decision quite a lot. Keeping the ball in the team is very important. Or atleast it would be for a team that is good in possession based football. Antony usually does keep the ball in the team when he isnt doing his terrible cut inside followed by a weak shot-move. Antony will cut back and pass it sideways while Garnacho will run and be outmuscled or run into a defender and lose the ball. Antony makes the better choice there unless Garnacho doesnt lose the ball and creates or scores.

Tiber

A goal and an assist in the same season? Lad is in the form of his life

always_hoping

Unlucky with the penalty, not a chance would VAR have given that if a Liverpool made the foul.

After that he had a big influence in allowing United to go 3-2 ahead a real peach of a pass on that 3rd goal.

Heinzesight

Amazing assist.

He seems to hold the ball up fairly well…

…until we hit injury time and his ability to keep it simple or just lay it off deserts him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Well said. He was excellent tonight. That’s really all that needs to be said. Some absolute weapons in this thread tonight.

Danny

Well said. He was excellent tonight. That’s really all that needs to be said. Some absolute weapons in this thread tonight.
Apart from the momentary blip when he switched off for the penalty I thought he was brilliant tonight. Creative, and was committing and beating his opponent. Hope he can progress now

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Unlucky with the penalty, not a chance would VAR have given that if a Liverpool made the foul.

After that he had a big influence in allowing United to go 3-2 ahead a real peach of a pass on that 3rd goal.
VAR didn't give it, the ref did, overturning it requires the ref to have fecked it up badly and he didn't, same with the other one

always_hoping

VAR didn't give it, the ref did, overturning it requires the ref to have fecked it up badly and he didn't, same with the other one
VAR would over rule it with Liverpool involded. As for the the 2nd penalty it was unfortunate slip by Dalot could see why that was given than the 1st one.

Ekeke

The thing about the penalty for me is Antony is actually back in his own box trying to help AWB out with Chelsea's overload of players coming forward. I think its very soft and unlucky if you dont thats up to you. But on the other side you dont see that from Rashford or Garnacho. In fact you saw the absence of it and what happens from it, on the first goal we conceded. Dalot is playing against the winger and the fullback gets in behind him to pullback for Gallagher's goal. Nobody helped Dalot when there are several players attacking down his side. And he's playing against Chelsea's best player...

Antony looked dangerous, had more success taking players on and finding the right passes, his shots were decent enough and at least on target which is the requirement and that was perhaps our assist of the season with the cross that tempted the goalkeeper out but spun back to Garnacho to head it in.

Flying high

It wasn't a penalty, so that while it was slightly understandle to give it, it was a clear dive on closer inspection.

Feel sorry for Antony tonight. Yes he let the chelsea player run off him for the penalty, but he worked really hard from start to finish, ran their lb ragged at times with powerful running and that assist was brilliant. I'd play him for the rest of the season to try and see if there's a player in there, or at least to salvage some of the money invested.

Ekeke

It wasn't a penalty, so that while it was slightly understandle to give it, it was a clear dive on closer inspection.

Feel sorry for Antony tonight. Yes he let the chelsea player run off him for the penalty, but he worked really hard from start to finish, ran their lb ragged at times with powerful running and that assist was brilliant. I'd play him for the rest of the season to try and see if there's a player in there, or at least to salvage some of the money invested.
I wouldnt go that far at all, but he earned his place in the next match and if he carries on playing like that he'll get some more goals and assists to his name which are needed

Orange Tree

Good game from him today. Looked lively and tracked back well.

I'd start him again against Liverpool.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

If it's even slightly understandable then it's not a rea,lly an obvious error thus they don't overturn it, as I understand the rules that's what they are supposed to do it would have been far worse if the ref hadn't given it and VAR said yes a pen

Valencia Shin Crosses

I must be the only one that didn't think he was very good for majority of the game. Gave away a pen, did his normal shooting routine of curlers. But no doubt turned into Angel Di Maria for 10 minutes with that roasting of Cucurella both where he went to the byline and then with the world class trivela assist.

But the fact is he still just doesn't provide much consistent danger which is the core of the issue with him (compared to someone like Garnacho who even at his worst threatens fullbacks consistently)