Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

Thanks mate. UTD is my second club and I was absolutely buzzing last night, the first 25 minutes showed what ETH is all about, I think the players were quite gassed after that. If we do get Ziyech it will lessen the pain.
Yeah hopefully we'll maintain the momentum and ETH would be to United what Cruyff was to Barcelona.
Big ask but that's what we need.

Tallis

Exactly. We got ambitions as well mate. We want to do well in the CL. Our team already got rinsed apart before the summer even began. With Antony leaving we wont have a RW anymore. He’s the guy people go to the stadium for on a 3 year contract. You bet we want money for him now at the end of the transferwindow.

It will happen though and I wish him all the best.
Never really believed that this would happen but starting to believe. Sancho and Antony can be the next generation Salah / Mane or Robben / Ribery.

OrcaFat

Hopefully Erik won’t have to play in our first team.

So two players, maybe, at the moment one.
Come on, we have to count any former Ajax players in this. Plus possible signings so we have to include Frenkie and that would make 4, plus Erik. Still not half a team but if the maybes come to pass there is a definite Ajax flavour. A tasty one at that.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Unlike the catalonian blonde cnut, this guy wants to be here and is going to give his all for United!
Let’s go! In Antony we trust!

croadyman

Unlike the catalonian blonde cnut, this guy wants to be here and is going to give his all for United!
Let’s go! In Antony we trust!
Yeah he's certainly keener, however like others have said he's not owed €17m in wages by his club

OrcaFat

Yeah he's certainly keener, however like others have said he's not owed €17m in wages by his club
That last part is what gives me hope for FDJ. If the £17m gets sorted he could still come here.

Meanwhile, let’s get this Antony fella in. As soon as fecking possible.

SoCross

A wing option like Antony just gives us so much edge. Really hope we add either him or someone else of his ilk this window!

Irwin99

Have no opinion of the player at all as I can't recall seeing him play but what will he bring that the likes of Rashford and Martial (when he's played more as a winger) wouldn't bring? That's not a negative question, i'm genuinely curious about what this guy will bring to the table.

Davicho

Have no opinion of the player at all as I can't recall seeing him play but what will he bring that the likes of Rashford and Martial (when he's played more as a winger) wouldn't bring? That's not a negative question, i'm genuinely curious about what this guy will bring to the table.
Dribbling, creativity, one vs one... Rasfhord is a more one dimensional player and Martial is not playing in the wing anymore on a regular basis.

Alemar

This is a lot of money... €100M ... it will be disastrous if he flops.
Why should he flop? He will play together with his elder comrade from the national team (Casemiro) and will have all needed advice and guidance re: attitude, while talent he has.

Besides, players he will play together in attack and compete for minutes are not entirely dreadful ability-wise either (think Sancho, Martial, Rashford, maybe Gakpo as well) - so he will have to deliver to have many minutes.

Finally, with arrival of Casemiro (and hopefully upcoming arrival of FDJ) we will have much better midfield, which will transform into much more chances for attacking players to score and assist - Antony (and other forwards) will benefit from it big time.

DarnleyDevil7

Would be delighted if we secure him this week. Not only because I think he could be great for us, but it gives us the strength in depth we so badly need. Casemiro and Antony walk into our starting 11, strengthening our overall match day squad considerably. Just get it done!!! :drool:

croadyman

Why should he flop? He will play together with his elder comrade from the national team (Casemiro) and will have all needed advice and guidance re: attitude, while talent he has.

Besides, players he will play together in attack and compete for minutes are not entirely dreadful ability-wise either (think Sancho, Martial, Rashford, maybe Gakpo as well) - so he will have to deliver to have many minutes.

Finally, with arrival of Casemiro (and hopefully upcoming arrival of FDJ) we will have much better midfield, which will transform into much more chances for attacking players to score and assist - Antony (and other forwards) will benefit from it big time.
Upcoming as in January or next summer

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
News of a breakthrough tomorrow I reckon.

Gakpo to follow on Thursday / Friday.

FDJ at the eleventh hour on deadline day.

3vra

This is a lot of money... €100M ... it will be disastrous if he flops.
It will be disastrous if any RW we buy gonna flop. Having a great season,winning EL and getting top 4 vs repeating last one should be worth around 100 more in revenues alone plus we would attract much better players next transfer window.

So why not make It the most plausible he is not gonna flop and just trust EtH especially after yesterday perfprmances of players he insist on buying from that „poor” Eredivisie ?

Antony is not gonna be 100 mil pounds.
80 mil is 67 so 90-95 mil euro is around 75.
And then again we need someone, so its not like going 75 or zero its 75 or 50-60 mil if Gordon is going around 60 and Neto will be close to that if they sold Gibbs White without United tax to Forrest for 45.

So the question is if Antony is worth the risk for additional 15-20 mil vs other players.

Last edited:

croadyman

News of a breakthrough tomorrow I reckon.

Gakpo to follow on Thursday / Friday.

FDJ at the eleventh hour on deadline day.
Just give me the first and third one, remember we need a RB so don't see us getting Gakpo & Antony. Especially if by some miracle we make a late move for FDJ because don't have a bottomless pit

The White Pele

I’m excited by Antony. I don’t think he’s worth the fee being mentioned but I think he gives us something we don’t have and with Sancho and Rashford he would give us good rotation and variety in the wide positions.

bosskeano

it's going to be a wild last week of the window with Antony bids possibly happening and seeing if Ajax can come into an agreement with Ziyech and Chelsea

The White Pele

I don't think we'll be signing a right back. Could be wrong.
I agree at this stage but it’s pretty poor that we haven’t strengthened there during the window. If you look at the value we got with Malacia then it’s disappointing our scouts couldn’t identity a similar talent at right-back that would represent a reasonably small outlay assuming we could find a buyer for Wan Bissaka.

Remember the geese

I agree at this stage but it’s pretty poor that we haven’t strengthened there during the window. If you look at the value we got with Malacia then it’s disappointing our scouts couldn’t identity a similar talent at right-back that would represent a reasonably small outlay assuming we could find a buyer for Wan Bissaka.
Yeah, agreed. If it was up to me, I'd have kept hold of Ethan Laird and allowed him the opportunity to challenge Dalot.

croadyman

I’m excited by Antony. I don’t think he’s worth the fee being mentioned but I think he gives us something we don’t have and with Sancho and Rashford he would give us good rotation and variety in the wide positions.
Yeah definitely gives us something different, how I wish we could afford him & De Jong but this is real life not Football Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.