Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Hammered? Most of us want him gone. The only frustration is that literally nobody in the football world besides some arabs want him.

Alan Partridge

And yet Ronaldo was hammered for missing preseason
No one was even in for Ronaldo so I don’t understand what move he was trying to “force”. If there was a 30m offer on the table for Ronaldo and we were refusing to let him go he’d have a case, like Antony does.

Suv666

I expected significant movement on this. We need to get him in for the next match.
Hurry the feck up lads.

Phil

Arsenal spent £70m+ on Pepe 3 or 4 years ago, I think you just have to pay up for attacking potential these days.

(Hope it goes better than Pepe went if we do though.)

Amsterdam90s

Supports
Ajax
I think by now it all depends on if Ajax can sign a replacement and then its a done deal. If spurs hijacks the Zyech deal i dont think Antony will come.

tbtt

WUM
I don't know much about Ajax, but isn't there a kind of "unwritten rules" that players are allowed to leave as long as the club earns a handsome profit? Can it be argued that Antony is protesting about those unwritten rules being broken?

Judas

Open to offers
I don't know much about Ajax, but isn't there a kind of "unwritten rules" that players are allowed to leave as long as the club earns a handsome profit? Can it be argued that Antony is protesting about those unwritten rules being broken?
Yep. It would do massive damage to future signings for Ajax too. If these type of players suddenly see getting away from the club is tough, they'll have second thoughts about going there.

Gazza

There is no such unwritten rule and Ajax are under absolutely no obligation to sell him. Antony is being a shithouse in order to get his move, best to accept it :)

Amsterdam90s

Supports
Ajax
The unwritten rule is there should be a replacement in line and preferably not close to the end of transferdeadline or pay a lot more.

Chief123

Choo choooooo! Shame this won't be done in time for the game on Saturday.
No doubt we’ll bring him onto the pitch before the game at the Saints ground. He’ll be welcomed by loads of boos and objects being thrown onto the pitch. One will land 2 feet away from him prompting him to collapse to the ground and roll around 74 times. Premier League, welcome to shithousery’s finest. Love it. :D

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yep. It would do massive damage to future signings for Ajax too. If these type of players suddenly see getting away from the club is tough, they'll have second thoughts about going there.
Just like players have second thoughts signing for Dortmund, Benfica, Spurs?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can see this being done eventually… probably not for our next game but hopefully for the game after that. We’ll look very good once this deals done. We’ll have a squad capable of challenging for top 4 and I think we’ll win the Europa this year.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Glazers are like, if we hammer Southampton is he really THAT necessary?
Correct. Our strategy rides or dies with wins and losses. It would actually probably be better for us to lose 3/4 games at the start of every season so business gets done.

Giggsy13

I didn’t see anyone claiming he was not a great player, just that we should try to get him for the best price possible and not pay any more than we have to. that is what idiots do. But I can tell by your user name that this conversation is wasted on you.
You’ll be a newb for a long while being that miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.