Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In theory those wingers with Bruno and Nkunku in attack in Rangnick's Red Bull 4-2-2-2 could be really devastating, if we bring in say Poch (or another pressing coach) and try to be a Red Bull team. Rashford could try to become Timo Werner and Elanga a pacier wide option. Might suit Diallo as a technical type cutting in winger too.
Rashford and pressing. Sure thing

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It was reported that AWB and Maguire topped the lists where numerous players in their positions were analysed right?
With Mourinho rating criteria that would certainly make sense.

With Ole, definitely Maguire, probably AWB.

Can't see them topping a list for Klopp or similar. Doubt Rangnick rates either.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I would like to think our new manager does not need two seasons instead of three months to work out if a player is suited to be at Utd or not
I never say the manager needs to. The point is if the manager knows the player longer means the manager get to know and understand about the player much more while if manager only has 2-3 months then of course the knowledge about the player is less in comparison to the one with two seasons. It reduces the risk. It's just never comparable between 2-3 months and 2 seasons.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Some are saying hes the left footed Nani and some nut jobs are saying they don't want him!?

EtH

Prime Nani would tear down from the right wing for us. Current Nani will still be better than current Rashford though funnily :lol:
Prime Nani would be our best player right now by a fecking distance.

Jackal981

Prime Nani would be our best player right now by a fecking distance.
Also dispel the bollox that a winger need to play the opposite side of their strong foot to be effective.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Raphina is the very obvious choice for RW. We shouldn't be looking anywhere else.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Raphina is the very obvious choice for RW. We shouldn't be looking anywhere else.
Seems to be joining Barcelona, as a Dembele replacement. Trying to agree a fee but Barcelona hopes Leeds will relegate.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Sounds great but we will do an extensive recruitment process, go through 500 options and decide that Dembele is the man for us and he will sign elsewhere by the end of the process :lol:

SAF is the GOAT

Erik ten Hag has already earmarked two players he would like to bring with him from Ajax to Manchester United: Brazilian winger Antony and center-back Jurrien Timber.
Ten Hag feels that Timber will immediately address United’s defensive problems.
Anyone can create a new post on him please ?

Womp

idiot
Also dispel the bollox that a winger need to play the opposite side of their strong foot to be effective.
It doesn't dispel that myth at all, even though Nani was two footed, it was quite well documented back then that he played far better off the right as off the left he was far too inconsistent. It was a shame as the one full season he got a proper run on the right he was one of the best players in the league before Valencia came back from his leg break and pushed him out to the left again.

Back on topic though - I really do hope these rumours are true, Antony is so silky to watch, he's the type of players we need to be signing if we want to go down Ten Hag's approach

ForeverRed1

He looks a bit too similar to Sancho for me, very technical but not very fast, and more of a playmaker than a goalscorer. I'm not sure that this is the profile of winger we should go for, would prefer someone with more speed and a knack for scoring goals. I've not seen much of him though so i'll trust Ten Hag's judgement on this if it happens.
what? He’s quick.

LuckyScout78

He should drop all the showboating. Focus on create chances as quickest and efficient as possible. Dont play for the gallery. Fans are there for goal and end product. Not showboating.

None of GOAT in football history were showboating at all. Keep it simple and efficient.
From Best, Pele, Maradonna, Messi and other GOAT. No showboating.

Like Basket. Harlem Globetrotters were and are for showboating. NBA players are different in matches.

That is my big advice too him. And one of the reason i prefer and like Raphinha more. Lesser showboating with Raphinha. Simple and straightfoward to the goal.

luke511

He should drop all the showboating. Focus on create chances as quickest and efficient as possible. Dont play for the gallery. Fans are there for goal and end product. Not showboating.

None of GOAT in football history were showboating at all. Keep it simple and efficient.

Like Basket. Harlem Globetrotters were and are for showboating. NBA players are different in matches.

That is my big advice too him. And one of the reason i prefer and like Raphinha more. Lesser showboating with Raphinha. Simple and straightfoward to the goal.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Quite a sad post, your opinion though.

I love it, wish he never stops. A joy to watch, and the Brazil manager might seem to even prefer him over Raphinha.

United in sin

Would be a great signing, he'd solve our RW problems finally and having him and Sancho on a wing would be frightening for defences.

Would also take pressure off Elanga having to perform and bring his development along at a good rate.
Wasn't this said to death about Sancho? This season has been a write off but that position/role going forward is Sanchos surely. Not saying Antony wouldn't be an interesting addition

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wasn't this said to death about Sancho? This season has been a write off but that position/role going forward is Sanchos surely. Not saying Antony wouldn't be an interesting addition
Sancho is playing LW

luke511

I agree that it's about time Sancho is given a run of games there, given that's the position utd wanted to fill when they paid a huge chunk of money for him.

luke511

And who has Sancho got as competition for the LW spot?
Rashford, Elanga, Garnacho. Rashford's work rate takes the piss at the moment, but in fairness to him Rangnick keeps on playing him on the right where he can't hack it. Would be a good time to see how Rashford on the left and Sancho on the right plays like again before deciding what to do in the summer.

United in sin

I agree. Another perfect example of a showboater who failed to focus on his productivity is Quaresma. At one point he was considered to be a bigger talent than Ronaldo. He couldn't hack it at Barcelona. You also can point others like Alvaro Recoba, the aforementioned Nani, Robinho, Joaquin, Giovanni Dos Santos and even Joe Cole as examples of ridiculously talented players who never developed key aspects of their collective game

United in sin

Sancho is playing LW
And who has Sancho got as competition for the LW spot?
He was signed for the RW spot. We were stacked with LW options already with Rashford and Martial preferring that spot. Solskjaer clearly had no plan for Sancho and Ragknick kept him in that LW role for the most part but the club brought him to fill that RW role.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was signed for the RW spot. We were stacked with LW options already with Rashford and Martial preferring that spot. Solskjaer clearly had no plan for Sancho and Ragknick kept him in that LW role for the most part but the club brought him to fill that RW role.
Says you

Status
Not open for further replies.