Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Ajax are kinda shooting themselves in the foot. We are giving them crazy money and Anthony will surely not bring that kind of money next summer. Also, one of their favorable qualities for players is that, while they demand decent fees, they don't usually stop players from moving. Some future signings may think twice knowing that the club will stand in the way of move to a bigger club even when a high bid is presented.
They're fecking up their business model. Serves them right really when it comes back to bite them.

The Purley King

100m for a player worth about just over half that, give over.
Let’s be honest we are at desperation stakes now.
The risk of getting nobody is bigger than the risk of paying €100m for him in my opinion.
At least he clearly wants to come here and will give it 100%. Time will tell by how much we overpaid but we are not negotiating from a position of any strength at all.
Bend over and lube up.

croadyman

Huh. We've made 2 bids, of huge value. And you're still putting this against the club thinking we are slowing down because of a win against Liverpool?
Just seems a bit of a coincidence that transfer activity has slowed up again

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I'm really not sure who are the bigger mugs in this mess
Us. Here we are going into the Southampton game on 3/9 points with attacking options of Sancho, Rashford and Elanga (plus a Ronaldo desperate to leave). Whether we pay it or not the fact we haven’t signed at least one attacking player 6 days before the window ends is a fecking shambles. The Antony saga should have been finished either way 4 weeks ago.

The midfield general

I am getting sick of the incessant moaning of certain pathetic individuals.

-Darwin Nunez goes to Pool for 100 mill and you moan: Why didn‘t we get him?
-Antony may cost 90+ million and you moan: It‘s too much, we are always overpaying.

-Frenkie de Jong wanted to stay at Barça and you moan: he doesn‘t want to come here we don‘t want him.
-Antony wants to come here and you moan:
we don‘t want him.

-Frenkie de Jong is a priority target and you moan: he is not a true dm.
-Casemiro, the best dm in the world comes here and you moan: he is not a playmaker.

Should I go on? You Miserable fecking cnuts!?

Totally agree with you here ,we moan about the glaziers not spending and when they do we fecking moan abo

avgp_1

90m and rejected. They can feck off. Walk away from this shit.
Yup it's too much at this point. The amount is more than what's necessary for what Antony offers but they are not prepared to sell if indeed our second bid has gone through and been rejected.

Go for him again or even Diaby in winter after Leverkusen are knocked out of CL, this sum is around what they'll charge as well.

Get Asensio in the meantime.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Crazy they’ve rejected it.

Has to really put doubts in future talents ability to use Ajax as a development club before progressing further.

€90m is a very fair offer for a player of his current and potential ability.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Can't blame Ajax for trying to rip us off as some truly average players cost way too fecking much already. However there is also so much you can ask before the other telling you to do one

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just seems a bit of a coincidence that transfer activity has slowed up again
There is no coincidence or conspiracy. We've briefed another bid will come since what, Tuesday, and come Friday we submitted 90m EUR. The time gap could be down to a lot of factors, not least to help keep the healthy relationship between clubs in tact given its a delicate situation. Had Ziyech been more straight forward this would probably be done.

Acquire Me

Ajax are kinda shooting themselves in the foot. We are giving them crazy money and Anthony will surely not bring that kind of money next summer. Also, one of their favorable qualities for players is that, while they demand decent fees, they don't usually stop players from moving. Some future signings may think twice knowing that the club will stand in the way of move to a bigger club even when a high bid is presented.
Yeah, that can happen. Other clubs might be a better option for up and coming talents.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not every player has to have "re-sale" value, even for Ajax. They spent a lot on Daley Blind when he was a similar age to Ziyech. Tadic as well was 28/29 I think.

If they sell Anthony to you lot then that's more than 200 million on income from transfers this summer. 25-30 mil would get it done for Ziyech.
Then why are they spending €44m - an Eredivisie transfer record - on a discard player? You’re even trying to sell him for more than you paid, ffs.

I don’t think Ajax have any intention of partaking in any part of silly - end of the window - season.

TheGame

Yup it's too much at this point. The amount is more than what's necessary for what Antony offers but they are not prepared to sell if indeed our second bid has gone through and been rejected.

Go for him again or even Diaby in winter after Leverkusen are knocked out of CL, this sum is around what they'll charge as well.

Get Asensio in the meantime.
Yep agree with that. This is like Dortmund and Sancho all over again.

mu4c_20le

Time to find an alternative.

Briefing the press that ETH insists on Antony was incredibly dumb.

Sparky Rhiwabon

90m euros rejected for Antony? WOW! Who would have thought 2 months ago? I was sure we would get him for 60m.
We may have got him got 60m back then but now we're desperate and a few days from the end of the window so all of our negotiating leverage has gone

Fooza

In all seriousness, apart from the bang average links to players like depay/gakpo/asensio

Is there any there other exciting forward we can go spunk the money? Otherwise invest in a striker and buy a forward next summer.

The midfield general

We will get him, this will go down to the the wire.He clearly does not want to stay there,so I think common sense will prevail at the end of the day,I think we have bid more than enough now.

Trex

Do Ajax think Antony would just carry-on post transfer window?
He is human, the idea of going to Ajax for him was to get this big move, if they deny him this he wouldn't just carry on, he'll be deflated.
They want to keep Antony but the version of him they want may no longer be there, take the money and find a replacement.

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
What? Antony shall go on strike, this is slavery

Not sure slavery involves volutarily signing a contract that you then attempt to break despite being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week but maybe you have more knowlege of the slave trade than I do :rolleyes:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I would accept if we walked away now. This is way over his current value.

That said, if ETH is pushing for him, so be it.
I hope we overpay for him. We have been shoddy this window and we should at least ensure our new manager can get the RW he rates super highly and has worked with previously. If ETH thinks he's a top talent let's just get it done. We have to pay a premium for our incompetence during this window. It's better to spend that extra 20 million then let the new manager down.

Judas

Open to offers
The 90m figure was being floated in May, wasn't it? The idea we could have got him for peanuts at the start of the window is based on very little and feels more like people wanting to get angry at the club.

mu4c_20le

Not sure slavery involves volutarily signing a contract that you then attempt to break despite being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week but maybe you have more knowlege of the slave trade than I do :rolleyes:
How about Blatter? Know more than him? Leeds punk

Vapor trail

In all seriousness, apart from the bang average links to players like depay/gakpo/asensio

Is there any there other exciting forward we can go spunk the money? Otherwise invest in a striker and buy a forward next summer.
Leao from Milan but plays on the left.

swissgenius

Any player which you spend 90m is a risk.
Yes but:
- 90m for an elite Ballon d'Or player is not as risky, because he already has shown he can play constantly at that level.
-90m for a prospect labelled the next big thing (Mbappe/Haaland/Felix) is risky, but you know that he'll be worth it or even more without injuries.
-90 for a prospect that 'may work out' under the right manager and circumstances is a huge risk.

I would put Antony at that 3rd tier which is why I think we should walk away now.

Newtonius

Ultimately its the fault of whoever wasted 3 months on FDJ when he didn't want to leave, can't blame Ajax with such little time left they have always been clear what they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.