Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySmith1990

Every time I see the price for this guy, I'm a little bit sick in my mouth.

Absolutely ridiculous and borderline stupidity. I guess only time will tell now but I'm worried about it.

Think he'll flop
I don't understand this kind of thinking. If you can't at least feel a little bit of excitement for a signing like this why even watch football, or follow United

JanK

Supports
Napoli
So how long until where gonna start hearing the Sancho-esques excuses like "he needs to play with someone better than Dalot", "people are not making runs for him to pick passes", "he's a system player" etc.
Well.

Everyone benefits greatly from a Reece James, TAA or Hakimi. I am certain that ETH knows that. And an attacking, energetic RB is coming.

People are making runs for him to pick passes, because that's a part of patterns of play and creating a system of play. So don't worry about that.

He is a system player and it's great actually. Do you work better in a systemic environment or a non-systemic one? I think we all do work better in a place where things are aligned and working smoothly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We needed a defensive mid, and got one, we needed a proper "this is your best position" right winger too, and looks like we've got one.

Am hopeful Ten Hag is doing it the sensible way, as seen by Klopp.
Bed a system in, give your current players a chance to show they're not up to it, then systematically bring the right player in for the right position.

Chairman Steve

In a world where Morgan Gibbs-White goes from Wolves to Forest for around £45m, this transfer looks grounded in reality.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Interested to see him in the PL

Staggering amount of money spent this summer (and in the last 10 years) - surprising really given such strong protests against the owners. If you’re still shy of a title challenge now then who walks?… I still think you’ll do well to finish in the top 4 personally.

Rob Bowman

Martial will be far from a backup player as long as he’s fit imo. Sancho-Martial-Antony is a very exciting front three on paper.
That is the thing for me. All healthy Sancho, Martial and Antony would probably start. Knowing you have Rashford and Ronaldo as subs starts to show true intent, with quality in depth.

croadyman

Staggering amount of money spent this summer (and in the last 10 years) - surprising really given such strong protests against the owners. If you’re still shy of a title challenge now then who walks?… I still think you’ll do well to finish in the top 4 personally.
Don't make me have to educate on the fact it's not those leeches spending own money

Remember the geese

We aren't challenging for the title, so no need for anyone to walk. Another good window next year though and we should be in the mix.

croadyman

We needed a defensive mid, and got one, we needed a proper "this is your best position" right winger too, and looks like we've got one.

Am hopeful Ten Hag is doing it the sensible way, as seen by Klopp.
Bed a system in, give your current players a chance to show they're not up to it, then systematically bring the right player in for the right position.
Yeah that could be exactly what he's doing

jungledrums

So how long until where gonna start hearing the Sancho-esques excuses like "he needs to play with someone better than Dalot", "people are not making runs for him to pick passes", "he's a system player" etc.
Christ, it’s like you want him to flop

TheReligion

Abusive
At double the price of Ziyech, I'd say it's pretty dramatic.

Especially because of the stats behind his career so far
Ziyech is approaching 30 and has flopped hard in the PL?

Lazy comparison.

Nunez is the one. A year older and bought from another CL club and the biggest in their own league. Guess what? Identical fees.

K Stand Knut

I don't understand this kind of thinking. If you can't at least feel a little bit of excitement for a signing like this why even watch football, or follow United
Because I'm old, grumpy and cynical.

Couple that with our horrific transfer history in the past few years and it makes more and more nervous.

I hope I'm wrong but forgive me for not getting excited about a player who looks good on YouTube who I've never seen play live

Dannn411

Can't shake my excitement for this signing. Young, quick, tricky, great engine, LEFT FOOTED, addresses a major need. The textbook definition of the kind of signing the club should be making. Really hope it works out.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

There isn’t a single United fan who has protested against the Glazers due to a lack of spending in the transfer market…

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At double the price of Ziyech, I'd say it's pretty dramatic.

Especially because of the stats behind his career so far
Ziyech has shown he hasn’t got the bottle for the PL.

The video posted earlier alone shows at least 8 clear goal scoring chances missed that he created. He’s been let down by his team mates finishing rather than his own ability

TheReligion

Abusive

Another lazy post or wind up about the Glazers.

Why don’t you try and inform yourself on these things before making yourself look an idiot?

You’ve gone to the trouble of signing up to a United forum so it’s the least you can do really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ziyech is approaching 30 and has flopped hard in the PL?

Lazy comparison.

Nunez is the one. A year older and bought from another CL club and the biggest in their own league. Guess what? Identical fees.
Remember when people thought Chelsea had a superb transfer policy, with Werner, Havertz, Lukaku, Pulisic and Ziyech?

Roll on a couple of years and you couldn't argue any of those has been a resounding success.
Havertz would be the closest, but even then there's no way it's resounding.

Revaulx

That’s a good point, though I don’t think it will necessarily come to pass.

He looks a lot more driven than Sancho; I’m pretty sure that while he’ll perform at a higher level in a favourable system, he will still be able to function without one. Sancho seems too passive to be able to do that.

I’m a long way off writing off Dalot, unlike most on here. Nevertheless if Dalot fails to improve he will need someone better; just like anyone else who plays in that position. Exactly the same would be true of Raphinha.

OverratedOpinion

Having the Glazers as our owners has cost Manchester United over £1.5 Billion. For that money we have had the privilege of owners who aren't smart enough to employ proven football professionals in senior roles, instead leaving the club in the hands of a finance expert who earned them enough money that they let him play out his football manager fantasies with our club. That has lead us to over a decade of underperforming. That is why we protest.

Of course we've spent money, we are one of the biggest sporting institutions on the planet. Do not for a second imagine a penny of that has come from the Glazers pockets.

Not every club is bankrolled by a sugar daddy. Strange as it may sound to a city fan.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

The protests have never been about the amount of money spent on transfers.

Chimmychenga

I'm not so worried about the money, well needed player sancho I'm convinced will come great he looks sharper under eth ,antony can't be any worse than rashford or elanga imo ,from what I've seen be excellent signing but needs time like all the players under new system unfortunately alot don't have patience I believe in eth

TheReligion

Abusive
Remember when people thought Chelsea had a superb transfer policy, with Werner, Havertz, Lukaku, Pulisic and Ziyech?

Roll on a couple of years and you couldn't argue any of those has been a resounding success.
Their recruitment has been poor for a while now.

The Caf myth that Chelsea are so well run continues..

Revaulx

I don’t think many people thought Lukaku was a good example of Chelsea’s “superb transfer policy” :D

The transfer, and the fee, got roundly derided by all and sundry aside from a handful of fanboys.

saik

Because I'm old, grumpy and cynical.

Couple that with our horrific transfer history in the past few years and it makes more and more nervous.

I hope I'm wrong but forgive me for not getting excited about a player who looks good on YouTube who I've never seen play live
Weird. And you already think he will flop. Great work.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I wish people who keep saying he’ll flop (and waiting for one bad game to say “told you”) could support another club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t think many people thought Lukaku was a good example of Chelsea’s “superb transfer policy” :D

The transfer, and the fee, got roundly derided by all and sundry aside from a handful of fanboys.
Maybe the fee, but I remember the initial thread with everyone suggesting he'd 100% score 20+ league goals etc.

G Nev was the funniest. Watched him score a tap in on Sky and was full of what a brilliant move it was.
For a week or 2 then suddenly went quiet.

Kammy26

Im sick of hearing pundits and rival fans make this same comment about “money spent” to somehow make the glazers appear like great owners.

It’s never been about how much money the club spends it’s about how the club is run, no sporting director, no vision, no strategy, run by corporate bankers like Woodward. This is the reason the fans want the glazers gone.

If they actually set us up correctly and employed people who know the difference between a bank note and a football, I think the majority of fans would be okay with them owning the club.

swissgenius

I wish people who keep saying he’ll flop (and waiting for one bad game to say “told you”) could support another club.
They're enough to build a huge fanbase on their own. They just need to unite and get behind a money club with no supporters, like Leipzig or Wolfsburg.
All sides could benefit from that move.

K Stand Knut

Ziyech has shown he hasn’t got the bottle for the PL.

The video posted earlier alone shows at least 8 clear goal scoring chances missed that he created. He’s been let down by his team mates finishing rather than his own ability
Worrying when he has outperformed Antony at Ajax.

Status
Not open for further replies.