Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Innocent until proven guilty and this females can hold it.

She saw that he went to United and decided to sue him. If the trick goes through, she can even take money from him and take him for granted.

Taped her fingers with duck tape and put paint on her head.

Telling us that she has proof. Not believing in any of this bulls**t.

A law should also be introduced for lying and that if the accused is found innocent the one who who makes the accusations should be the one convicted.

To see how many of them will be bold enough to accuse and judge somebody for fun.

After 3 months another chick will come for Rashford for duck taping her foot. .... telling us another fairy tale .
:lol: what on earth...

Santos J

She saw that he went to United and decided to sue him. If the trick goes through, she can even take money from him and take him for granted.

A law should also be introduced for lying and that if the accused is found innocent the one who who makes the accusations should be the one convicted.

To see how many of them will be bold enough to accuse and judge somebody for fun.

After 3 months another chick will come for Rashford for duck taping her foot. .... telling us another fairy tale .
Please seek help for the sake of everyone around you

Santos J

I think one of the alleged instances occurred in Amsterdam too? If it is the subject of a criminal investigation in the U.K. not sure the British press can publish the contents of that article?
I think so yeah but considering they are at the minute I imagine it's not further than the "reported" stage which is why some are publishing it for now

In Rainbows

The amount of people bending over backwards to defend him saying he is good defensively and works hard is staggering.

That means nothing he is a 90 million pound winger who can create absolutely nothing.

That's the bottom line. We didn't spend that money so he could run backwards.

If a winger cannot create anything he shouldn't be on the pitch.
Is that really defending him for that or just acknowledging reality? Most people stating that are also stating that he doesn't do anything in attack (final third), which is a problem.

Swearing Budgie

Average footballer at best and seems highly likely that he is a ghastly human. We sure can pick em.

Smores

The audio doesn't prove anything other than him acting like a complete knobhead.
You don't need proof to suspend someone just cause. The club will already be determining if that's the case here.

eire-red

If this is true then we're actually cursed as a club. I remember something about this coming out last season. I thought it was rubbished because Antony wasn't even in the country at the time of the allegations.

Another normal day at United then....

In Rainbows

Antony please

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You don't need proof to suspend someone just cause. The club will already be determining if that's the case here.
That's not the point I'm making.

People are treating the audio as the smoking gun in Greenwood's case when it's been clearly stated by the club there is more audio that we haven't heard which gives more context.

tomaldinho1

Which apparently does not tell the full story. I'm not saying he is innocent but its clear the public have not seen everything and that is why trail by media and public is bad.
Personally I think if you believe there's something else on the audio that would exonerate him or make the situation 'better' for him, I would question your judgement. It would have 100% been released.

The audio doesn't prove anything other than him acting like a complete knobhead.
If I was accused of beating someone up and there was audio of me shouting 'take that you cnut' as the sounds of punching someone were heard, it would not 'prove' I had beaten that person up. The audio is why the club cannot simply put out a statement saying 'we trust the police and greenwood is back in the squad'. They could have put the bulk of the responsibility on the authorities but the audio makes it impossible, it is a PR nightmare for a very global club with a huge range of sponsors when there is evidence that supports what the person is accused of & it has has been heard by every man and his dog.

lsd

The Oracle
Is that really defending him for that or just acknowledging reality? Most people stating that are also stating that he doesn't do anything in attack (final third), which is a problem.

It's people saying he did well yesterday and using the fact he tracks back and nothing else.

The main reason we are struggling is lack of goals and that's because we do not create enough chances.

It's just not good enough to start him every week when he isn't capable of contributing

stw2022

If this was from Brazil he hasn't lived there in nearly 4 years. She's suddenly remembered he wasn't very nice. Okay.

Berbaclass

Personally I think if you believe there's something else on the audio that would exonerate him or make the situation 'better' for him, I would question your judgement. It would have 100% been released.

If I was accused of beating someone up and there was audio of me shouting 'take that you cnut' as the sounds of punching someone were heard, it would not 'prove' I had beaten that person up. The audio is why the club cannot simply put out a statement saying 'we trust the police and greenwood is back in the squad'. They could have put the bulk of the responsibility on the authorities but the audio makes it impossible, it is a PR nightmare for a very global club with a huge range of sponsors when there is evidence that supports what the person is accused of & it has has been heard by every man and his dog.
They have heard the full clip and stated that there is a greater context that we are not aware of. It hasn't been released due to the victim's right to anonymity. It's not up to the club to decide that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I question your judgment if you believe this to be true.
Again I'm not saying he is innocent but it seems people cannot admit they there are things they do not know.

For this reason is why we have a judicial system and a rule of law, and why mob justice is flawed

Santos J

If this was from Brazil he hasn't lived there in nearly 4 years. She's suddenly remembered he wasn't very nice. Okay.
Except none of the allegations suggest it was when he lived in Brazil so now what?

Smores

People are treating the audio as the smoking gun in Greenwood's case when it's been clearly stated by the club there is more audio that we haven't heard which gives more context.
Which they wouldn't have listened to until the police investigation was closed. Even then they didn't say it excused all behaviour and he apologised for mistakes so this all rose picture you've dreamt up probably isn't true. You don't have to reach criminal prosecution threshold to be sacked.

obesouro

Are we just going to stick our head in the sand; hoping nobody notices the massive, feck-off elephant in the room? The club, I mean.

If Greenwood got the boot than he has to go too. Simple as that. We've set a precedent - now stick to it.

Last edited:

Frank White

Don't think the Antony performance thread is the right place for this discussion but add the audio along with the images that where released and the girl coming out and saying this is what Mason does to me it was more than just the audio. If similar come out about Antony then it will probably go the same way.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Do you think they made their decision based on their purported extra evidence and context or social media backlash?
Who knows, doesn't mean it's a trial. It's people posting their opinion on information which is available in the public domain.

Berbaclass

Which they wouldn't have listened to until the police investigation was closed. Even then they didn't say it excused all behaviour and he apologised for mistakes so this all rose picture you've dreamt up probably isn't true. You don't have to reach criminal prosecution threshold to be sacked.
Which scenario is that?

saivet

They have heard the full clip and stated that there is a greater context that we are not aware of. It hasn't been released due to the victim's right to anonymity. It's not up to the club to decide that.
The wording of United's statement was a bit vague, they just mentioned that they had alternative explanations, rather than claiming they listed to the whole clip (which I assume the police had access too).

tomaldinho1

I question your judgment if you believe this to be true.
Again I'm not saying he is innocent but it seems people cannot admit they there are things they do not know.

For this reason is why we have a judicial system and a rule of law, and why mob justice is flawed
Who benefits from not releasing the clip? Greenwood would want it out, his missus would want it out, the club (a billion dollar company) would want it out...it would be leaked, hacked, whatever and find its way out with an immediate dissipation of all the drama and vitriol and people like Rachel Riley publicly condemning the club, it would have killed everything dead in its tracks.

Re the bolded, you get that applies to both sides here. You have zero knowledge of anything other than the audio we all heard. Hence why I go back to the point that the audio is the reason why the club could not bring him back into the fold.

Foolsgold21

He's finished at United, and rightly so.

What is wrong with people..