Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If true, whoever involved or whoever made those decisions should lose their job immediately. Hoping it's not true though.
From what we know at least, it's based on them sending a doctor, which is not abnormal and part of standard care for players and family welfare.

If it is based on just that, she's hurt her credibility in the big picture.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
From what we know at least, it's based on them sending a doctor, which is not abnormal and part of standard care for players and family welfare.

Yeah, from that angle (club sending in doctors to help players and their families) it could just be normal practice. Here's hoping.

glasgow 21

I'm sure some here have experienced at their work potential low level "cover ups" for a variety of issues big and small : Maybe the company is cutting corners on safety. Or recycling. Someone is drinking on the job. Or passing a bunch of unfounded expenses. Rip off clients. Or collude with clients to profit from subsidies of some kind. Unpaid overtime. Could be things you witnessed or maybe just gossip at the coffee machine.

It's not exactly hard to imagine, assuming there's truth to the allegations, that people at the club knew or had suspicions but decided to keep it on the down low both to protect themselves, the club or to not make waves. Does this pass the threshold of "the club covering it up" even if higher management never got wind of it and didn't order to keep such matters hush ?
This is a stretch considering the media mess that was already in play with Greenwood. If it and I am talking hypothetically , anyone was stupid enough to even consider covering anything up, the results for those involved would be carnage.

At any cost, this needs to go to court for all parties to make their case as if not we are back to the court of public opinion which will be a farce.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If her lawyers are that good why are they permitting all this information to be regurgitated all over social media platforms.
That's a great lawyer creating leverage so antony cant squirm that easy. Controlling the narrative.

If money is what she wants, going public should be the best leverage she can have.

Pay me or I'm going public. I'm more inclined to think she has a real case by going public.

If Mason chick didn't go public he'll still be playing fot United

hobbers

Pay me or I'm going public. I'm more inclined to think she has a real case by going public.
If going public meant just releasing material and didnt include tearful tv interviews I'd agree.

Wilt

Doubt the circumstances of this case is standard care, especially given the doctor along with the member off staff who summoned him will almost certainly be interviewed by the police. None of which is normal.

Scholsey2004

Not this again, for the 100x time you can't doctor a damning evidence and not being challenged by the police and the forensic and the lawyer from both sides as knowingly admitting doctored evidence could get you disbared

Stop with this shenanigans.

Stop creating strawman arguments, he did what he did and he got caught on the tape. At least that much we should agree on.

Geez

But the United seen the other evidence? What other evidence? It could be just 3 panel asking Greenwood what happened? Or any other stupid shit they can do to pretend they did their investigations, and worded based on "EVIDENCE" we studied (a.k.a Greenwood Story) we BELIEVE he didn't do it.

Well.. show us the evidence then
This response is completely incoherent. I actually said the Greenwood audio was damning enough as was the fact he failed to deny the allegations. I dont even think she actually gave any evidence to the police herself, they got it from social media where presumably she posted it.

Last edited:

hobbers

She's a public figure, so I would imagine she was expected to address it.
I dont think many public figures would give tv interviews during live police investigations.

Gives Jussie Smollet vibes to be honest.

mu4c_20le

I dont think many public figures would give tv interviews during live police investigations.

It's possible, and if she was a nobody then I might be inclined to think that. But as an influencer, it's either hide from the public limelight, or face the situation. She chose to do it in a way that garners sympathy, which is understandable.

lsd

The Oracle

Antony went public with his denial is he giving you Jussie Smollett vibes.

She may well feel as he is a famous footballer her best way is to go public and tell as many people as she can

hobbers

Antony went public with his denial is he giving you Jussie Smollett vibes.

She may well feel as he is a famous footballer her best way is to go public and tell as many people as she can
Guilty or not of what he's accused of, he really didnt have a choice after she went public.

She certainly didnt need a tv interview to get the police to investigate, because they already were. That was all about publicity.

Conor

Doubt the circumstances of this case is standard care, especially given the doctor along with the member off staff who summoned him will almost certainly be interviewed by the police. None of which is normal.
Why is it difficult for you to understand that the club got a phonecall from a player, asking for a doctor, and they organised it, and left it at that? He's hardly rang them and said "I bashed my missus and she needs a few stitches", the doctor is not going to contact Utd after the fact and share client information.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Players can ask the club to send a doctor for their family. That's part of standard care.

I dont think there is anything inconspicuous about what the club have done from what The Athletic have reported.

They also "arranged for a doctor", I don't think they sent any of their own.

" United confirmed this relates to Daniele Bertoli, the first-team player care officer, and that arranging a doctor for partners and family members of players is a common and standard task performed by the club’s player welfare team."

bstb3

Something tells me a Manc Winston Wolf wouldn't look quite so dapper. Replace the Acura with a Granada Scorpio and the Dinner Jacket with a hoodie and you're probably not far off.

It does beg the question what the player care officer was told / suspected happened though, since at least the club have not denied they were involved. It's going to be some horrible he said / she said isn't it, which won't get past the burden of proof whatever actually happened (as seems too often the case in such incidents, sadly).

Wilt

Why is it difficult for you to understand that the club got a phonecall from a player, asking for a doctor, and they organised it, and left it at that? He's hardly rang them and said "I bashed my missus and she needs a few stitches", the doctor is not going to contact Utd after the fact and share client information.
Even if that was the case he’s hardly likely to admit he’d bashed his missus and she requires stitches.

The fact remains all those involved will be interviewed by the police, none of which is normal practice.

Conor

Even if that was the case he’s hardly likely to admit he’d bashed his missus and she requires stitches.

The fact remains all those involved will be interviewed by the police, none of which is normal practice.
Yes, but you seem insistent on the fact that the club have done something wrong, which doesn't seem to ring true, based on the information available.

Wilt

Yes, but you seem insistent on the fact that the club have done something wrong, which doesn't seem to ring true, based on the information available.
Not so much club has done wrong…. but the club is complicit.

hobbers

Not so much club has done wrong…. but the club is complicit.
How would the club be complicit?

Unless the player welfare rep visited them at the hotel and was told directly about a physical attack, the club are not complicit in anything.

Wilt

How would the club be complicit?

Unless the player welfare rep visited them at the hotel and was told directly about a physical attack, the club are not complicit in anything.
Complicit in as much that the club should be aware a doctor was summoned, ie the doctor would have submitted a report and was paid by the club.

Its all subjective, but the club must take some responsibility.

VWW

Complicit in as much that the club should be aware a doctor was summoned, ie the doctor would have submitted a report and was paid by the club.

about as complicit as me buying a milkshake from McDonalds and lobbing it at Nigel Farage

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Doctors aren't supposed to share anything with the club unless it's the player himself that is concerned and if the doctor is working for the club.

Jerch

I didn't posted much in Greenwood or this thread but my opinion is that we set dangerous precedent with the way we handled Greenwood situation.

Of course domestic violence is big problem and should be taken seriously but I also think that there are official authorities that should take care of this things and public convictions is not the way those things should be decided on. Also internal investigation like our club did is big no no since it definitely violates personal information rights and I was surprised noone picked on that.

There is a reason that "innocent until proven guilty" exist and this brings memories from Me too movement where there were true victims but on the other hand you get Heard vs Depp situation.

Sadly we handled Greenwood situation wrong and will pay the price since there is no way we can handle this situation differently but I didn't expected anything else from incompetent club like ours.

And before anyone mentions. I didn't saw any evidence in Greenwood or Anthony case because those things are disgusting to me. With that in mind I also fully understand that I am pretty clueless about the cases and I'm not stating in any way that any of the two are guilty or innocent. As I said those things should only be judged by right authorities which gather public and not public information to get the right judgement.

Wilt

Doctors aren't supposed to share anything with the club unless it's the player himself that is concerned and if the doctor is working for the club.
Yes there‘s usually a code of confidentiality. However, nobody knows if the patient had wanted it to remain confidential. Surely the person who called the doctor would want to know of any injuries as a duty of care.

Don’t know how far up the ladder this will go, but feel certain heads will roll.

hobbers

The doctor would categorically not be submitting a report about a players' partner to the club. For any reason.

There's no responsibility on the club unless the employee met with her and was told the injury was inflicted by Antony. Which seems very unlikely.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes there‘s usually a code of confidentiality. However, nobody knows if the patient had wanted it to remain confidential. Surely the person who called the doctor would want to know of any injuries as a duty of care.

Don’t know how far up the ladder this will go, but feel certain heads will roll.
No, the doctor isn't supposed to share a thing outside of notifying the police if he suspects that something illegal happened. If you call a doctor for someone in the street or in an hotel or anywhere, the doctor won't share anything with you unless you are a family member.

Laurencio

All the club would have gotten is an invoice.

Wilt

The doctor would categorically not be submitting a report about a players' partner to the club. For any reason.

There's no responsibility on the club unless the employee met with her and was told the injury was inflicted by Antony. Which seems very unlikely.
Not sure what you mean…. It’s obvious the injuries were not self inflicted and also suspicious as to why a private doctor was called as opposed to the normal route of ambulance or hospital.

The doctor will be interviewed by the police and with the girls permission he‘ll have to reveal what injuries were sustained.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Not sure what you mean…. It’s obvious the injuries were not self inflicted and also suspicious as to why a private doctor was called as opposed to the normal route of ambulance or hospital.

The doctor will be interviewed by the police and with the girls permission he‘ll have to reveal what injuries were sustained.
Why? Your first paragraph suggests you know precisely what the injuries were. Maybe they should call you up as a witness.

Wilt

Why? Your first paragraph suggests you know precisely what the injuries were. Maybe they should call you up as a witness.
Maybe you should be a Utd lawyer ….they’re going to need one.

glasgow 21

The venom on here , well you can taste it.
Back seat lawyers and not matter what " I must be offend" brigade are certainly on the soap boxes. The ones who say there needs to be a fair legal process are being basically treated as DV supporters. The whole thing is out of hand.

How about letting the legal system do its job as everything including discussions on here weakens the alleged victims case. I neither support nor against either party as its got nothing to do with me. Get back to hating the Glazers and let this run its due process without lambasting each other and point scoring.

At a matter of fact, long before each case of concern with our players Manchester Police had many many reports of horrendously worse actions and they bascially sat on their hands and ignored it. I wouldn't trust them to find a toilet in a bathroom shop.
In light of that, I expect them to throw the kitchen sink on investigating any footballer so sit back and wait for their verdict.

However, heads at the top of the food chain at United ,not matter what happens, have to roll taking all the incidents into consideration.

Last edited:

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak

Cos they're rich?

Laurencio

I imagine a private doctor would see to your injuries significantly faster than the emergency room when the injuries aren't critical or life threatening?