Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The club has gone, integrity, dignity, virtue, I simply don't recognise this club anymore, dreadful.
Wtf? As someone mentioned, SAF used to do background checks himself. The club (rightly or wrongly, separate debate) has always been geared to backing managers signing the players they want.

The problem would be managers not being suitable to do that or not doing their homework properly, it's not on "the club" doing anything differently.

Prodigy24

How did we ever sign this guy for so much money?! Not even worth half of the fee considering his performances and now this bullshit for the club to deal with. Never got the fuss about him in Ajax, always looked average to me at least so I honestly couldn't believe when we were pushing Ajax last season.

Obviously innocent until proven guilty, but it does not look good at all right now. And we've seen that he's a temperamental guy that always seems to be on the edge, so it doesn't help his case.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Why can't these women accuse the Glazers instead :(
they’d first have to be attracted to our women. no doubt they’ve tried it with similar, earth dwelling species, but you try and get a chameleon to testify.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
can you even call yourself an institution unless you’re constantly mired in this sort of scandal? city can only dream about this level of heritage.

antohan

Antony on the other hand now seems to be coming out of being a repeated offender with different people based on an obsessive & possessive personality where he lashes out if told no
Ah shite, you just very much described the idiotic way he sometimes lashes out and shows "pashun" on the pitch.

Bollocks, that's well over 200M in "assets" binned inside a few weeks.

Amir

We deserve a laugh, so here it goes:

I work for the sports section of a newspaper/website in Israel. Today, one of my colleagues, who writes about European football, sent a news item based on the Daily Mail article. Unfortunately he got quite a few things wrong. One of them was that he got a little mixed up and claimed that the "United doctor" didn't just TREAT Antony's partner but also THREATENED her in order to shut her up.

Treated, threatened, same thing...

Epic, epic fail.

antohan

We deserve a laugh, so here it goes:

I work for the sports section of a newspaper/website in Israel. Today, one of my colleagues, who writes about European football, sent a news item based on the Daily Mail article. Unfortunately he got quite a few things wrong. One of them was that he got a little mixed up and claimed that the "United doctor" didn't just TREAT Antony's partner but also THREATENED her in order to shut her up.

Treated, threatened, same thing...

Epic, epic fail.
Closet scouser

mustaine

Remember when we had Juan Mata and his hugs.
Miss him, you need level headed characters, he is an outstanding professional. And even given how limited he was from a football standpoint during the latter stages of his time at Old Trafford, he was still better than this guy.

Last edited:

Daily_Blind

Go with Amad and Pellistri until January and then make a run at another RW? Maybe Olise?

Sylar

I do think he needs to be made unavailable for selection (suspended?) With Pay whilst this is investigated.

3 is a pattern that cant be ignored. Not saying 1 should be ignored but 1 is more dubious (don't think I've explained myself properly there)

Regardless, Im surprised united haven't taken advantage of the international break to do that given there's a chance this could be (probably won't be) resolved before the break ends.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm happy to admit I was extremely keen to see the wheels of justice spin on the basis of the first accusation, but bringing it up to a hat trick has me convinced. Extraordinarily unlikely that three unrelated (presumably) accusers are all lying.

Oh well. Who needs a football club to support anyway?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If we cant play him the auditor could argue he should be impaired to zero. Leaving Man Utd with a £65 mill loss and in breach of FFP/P&S. Man Utd spending will be heavily restricted for the next couple of years.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
There are countless legendary tales of SAF going round to see parents of young players. he would try to work out what sort of character the potential players had.
Not sure what other clubs do these days in that regard but I'm sure Manchester United do absolutely nothing.
Klopp is very good at that to be fair, a club is very incompetent if they don't judge character also. Obviously there can be a balance, maybe if you could get Ronaldinho/Maradona/Ronaldo(brazil) for example and know their character, you'd have a chat, but ultimately it would be way more ability over character. I guess ot's the younger ones, you need more reassurances, that money for Antony looking crazy now.

AndySmith1990

If we cant play him the auditor could argue he should be impaired to zero. Leaving Man Utd with a £65 mill loss and in breach of FFP/P&S. Man Utd spending will be heavily restricted for the next couple of years.
Probably for the best. At least we won't end up with more pricks like Sancho and Antony

Lightbringer

Did I read someone defending Antony sending a message to his ex stating she could go feck her self and that he hoped she would die? Thats how we want United players to behave?

Eddy_JukeZ

He's likely done here and good riddance.

3 accusations by unrelated women(presumably) is damning and awful.

hobbers

Did I read someone defending Antony sending a message to his ex stating she could go feck her self and that he hope she would die? Thats how we cant United players to behave?
That sort of text sent during a breakup is just standard fare for lots of people (dumb ones). If anything I'd say releasing it detracted from the body of evidence.

Chairman Steve

At this rate, I’m expecting a meteorite to strike Old Trafford next week, destroy it and everything around it is completely fine and unharmed. We’re the club equivalent of Hans Moleman or something.

Hal9000

He's likely done here and good riddance.

3 accusations by unrelated women(presumably) is damning and awful.
Not defending him but let's not be judge, jusy and executioner and have a trial by media.

Mendy had many women accuse him of rape and SA yet was cleared.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not sure what you mean…. It’s obvious the injuries were not self inflicted and also suspicious as to why a private doctor was called as opposed to the normal route of ambulance or hospital.

The doctor will be interviewed by the police and with the girls permission he‘ll have to reveal what injuries were sustained.
A premier league footballer can't possibly go to the ER (or whatever it's called over there) for something mon-life threatening.

Laurencio

Sancho has his issues, but you can't compare him with Antony.
Sancho is a 23 year old who seems ro struggle with discipline is petulant and is strongly affected by noise surrounding him and the club (happened at Dortmund too). He's got the talent though, if someone can just unlock it.

Antony is a 23 year old who is inconsistent, one footed and allegedely thug that is violent against multiple women, and who seems to be psychologically abusive at the very least.

I know who I'd put my resources into if I'm the club, and it ain't Antony.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
That sort of text sent during a breakup is just standard fare for lots of people (dumb ones). If anything I'd say releasing it detracted from the body of evidence.
Ha, I hate all the wokey shit so on one hand I tend to agree, but I'd like to think that it is something that would have been addressed once unearthed and maybe an apology from the person in question, again it just add to the really bad character thing. Innocent or Guilty of the accused, would rather not at my club.

glasgow 21

Well Antony is a bad footballer so his ability to judge football ability also sucks.

Anyway this might be a good chance for us to get rid and try to replace him next summer. A blessing in disguise maybe ?

Sell Antony and Sancho next summer and save money for a striker and a right winger that can actually help the team.

Just don't let Ten Hag choose the players we buy please.
No one will be selling Antony next summer this is on the merry go round for at least 2 years if GMP get involved.

Someone

Something
Judging by the messages and the several accusations. I think he's done. He seems to be a terrible person at best, which I wouldn't want to be playing for the club anyway. Hopefully in the future we'd do a better job doing a background check on players before signing them.

Jerch

Can we please wait for evidence before deciding he's guilty?
People here decided Greenwood is guilty even with police dropping his case because of new evidences and you think that those same people would have common sense to wait before jumping to conclusions.
Based on the Greenwood precedence Anthony is done.

Valencia Shin Crosses

How did we ever sign this guy for so much money?! Not even worth half of the fee considering his performances and now this bullshit for the club to deal with. Never got the fuss about him in Ajax, always looked average to me at least so I honestly couldn't believe when we were pushing Ajax last season.

Obviously innocent until proven guilty, but it does not look good at all right now. And we've seen that he's a temperamental guy that always seems to be on the edge, so it doesn't help his case.
You can thank ETH for that. He's the one that obsessed over Antony and had us pay 80m for him because he insisted on only Antony

Conor

Not hard to believe he has zero control of his emotions and underlying anger issues if you've ever watched 20 mins of him on a pitch. Clearly one of those loose cannon morons.

Castia

It’s starting to feel embarrassing supporting this club

30 year supporter born and raised in Manchester the stuff on and off the pitch is absolutely ridiculous, just pathetic from top to bottom.