g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

sepulturite

Fecking hell. At the very least I think the club should take him out of sight for a few weeks after the international break. Regardless of a charge or not, there’s no way he can be mentally in a fit state to play when there’s so much going on and new stuff continuing to come out.
Yeh I agree with this, I think he could end up being a liability to the team with all this going on. It's probably why he's had a bad start to the season too, he knew this was coming and had it on his mind.

It's not looking good for him though now it's 3 different accusers, and if it turns out to be true then I'll feel the same way as I do about greenwood, I'd never want him near the club again.

Marcus

Third woman coming forward now. He needs to be suspended. Good job to the club and everyone involved!
Wow. Ok we need to really do background checks. If true, this is the end for him at United. What does that translate to though? Desktop searches or maybe ruling out signing players from slums or other dodgy neighbourhoods?

Santos J

Wow. Ok we need to really do background checks. If true, this is the end for him at United. What does that translate to though. Desktop searches or maybe ruling out signing players from slums or other dodgy neighbourhoods?
:houllier:

Jesus christ

Cloud7

Yeh I agree with this, I think he could end up being a liability to the team with all this going on. It's probably why he's had a bad start to the season too, he knew this was coming and had it on his mind.

It's not looking good for him though now it's 3 different accusers, and if it turns out to be true then I'll feel the same way as I do about greenwood, I'd never want him near the club again.
Funny that you say this because I thought that he’s been looking better than he did for large parts of last season :lol:

Agree that he’s likely to be a liability right now though, he’s already a fiery player at baseline.

Wild that we’re at 3 accusers now. I do wonder how much of this was “known” and how much is only just coming to light.

Real Name

Wow. Ok we need to really do background checks. If true, this is the end for him at United. What does that translate to though? Desktop searches or maybe ruling out signing players from slums or other dodgy neighbourhoods?
Yeah. Everybody knows, dodgy neighbourhood = women abuser, right?

Also, dont know how they forgot those desktop searches.

Marcus

:houllier:

Jesus christ
Yeah. Everybody knows, dodgy neighbourhood = women abuser, right?

Also, dont know how they forgot those desktop searches.
I was being sarcastic. But re-reading my post that was overboard and I sincerely apologise. I guess the question I have is how can you do a background check on footballers to avoid Greenwood and Antony situations happening again? The information avaliable is so hard to come by if not on record.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What the feck.. just get to know multiple women has accused Antony for physical assault now... its not looking good at all isn't it? Could turn out even worst than Greenwood situation by the looks of it..

I think we should prepare for the worst outcome.

Real Name

I was being sarcastic. But re-reading my post that was overboard and I sincerely apologise. I guess the question I have is how can you do a background check on footballers to avoid Greenwood and Antony situations happening again? The information avaliable is so hard to come by if not on record.
Yeah, absolutely. But I'm not sure how this could have been known prior to the signing cause the cases are appearing now, women coming out.

Judas

Open to offers
Might be misremembering, but for some reason I do feel like I remember these sorts of stories were circling when we signed him, or near enough right after. It was out there.

Santos J

Apologies for my post above Santos which was meant to be sarcastic. I guess the club better make sure their checks include law enforcement checks, if available. But it should be a global check and not just the country of nationality right?
Yeah you'd definitely think so, if there was no reports or anything prior then I can see why the club wouldn't have known but considering there was a police report there's surely no excuse for them not knowing about it

philippexyz

I wish we could ask for some kind of a refund from Ajax or some "help" with FFP for Antony transfer not to be spread on the sheets any further if he's not going to play - be suspended.
They sold us an obnoxious, criminal, favela delinquent. Ten Hag must have known enough about his personality to at least be suspicious that something like this might happen and he still brought him to United for huge money. He's partially responsible for this mess.

Cloud7

The short answer is there literally isn’t any way to check on this until something happens. Greenwood wasn’t even a signing, he’s been here his whole life and this only came to light when the story broke.

I know we all like to point fingers at the club and say that they are doing a terrible job, but the reality is that for this specific situation, unless there’s someone with a documented past of something (Getafe signing Greenwood for example. I have no idea if there was anything available in the public sphere regarding Antony), you just have to say we have just been very unlucky.

Zed 101

We would have never signed Rooney then!

Real Name

Yeah it’s scary. Think I’ll avoid this thread. Can’t be bothered making the same arguments in support of women as I made in the MG one. Save myself some stress.
Popped in here and some of the posts are.. As you say scary.. So I'll do the same thing as you and avoid it not to get sick from some of the comments.

Chief123

What the feck.. just get to know multiple women has accused Antony for physical assault now... its not looking good at all isn't it? Could turn out even worst than Greenwood situation by the looks of it..

I think we should prepare for the worst outcome.
I’ve already accepted he’ll be innocent and return to action next week.

frostbite

We should go back to the basic principle of innocent until proven guilty here or some other sort of reasonable balance. Let Antony go through the investigation process and if the authorities charge him, the club should suspend him (if permitted by contract) pending a conviction/acquittal. If mere allegations are enough to require clubs to suspend their players, then might there be a floodgate of easy suspensions just because allegations are made against players of not just United but also other clubs?
Innocent until proven guilty is about going to prison or not. It is not about being suspended from the team. For example, Sancho is out of the team and he is not accused by anyone of beating them up and of course, he is not going to prison.

JediSith

Fecking hell. At the very least I think the club should take him out of sight for a few weeks after the international break. Regardless of a charge or not, there’s no way he can be mentally in a fit state to play when there’s so much going on and new stuff continuing to come out.
I agree. If he’s guilty it’s the best thing to do. If he’s innocent it’s also the best thing to do. So it’s the only thing to do. Give him time off. If he gets charged then turn it into a suspension

Rednotdead

Innocent until proven guilty is about going to prison or not. It is not about being suspended from the team. For example, Sancho is out of the team and he is not accused by anyone of beating them up and of course, he is not going to prison.
Like it or not, being suspended by the club is seen on social media as a declaration of guilt. Women know it only needs an accusation to destroy a man’s career and life - and make money in the process. I’m not saying that’s the case here, but it has happened before.

Red_toad

Pray tell how far worse actual charges have affected Partey?

JediSith

Like it or not, being suspended by the club is seen on social media as a declaration of guilt. Women know it only needs an accusation to destroy a man’s career and life - and make money in the process. I’m not saying that’s the case here, but it has happened before.
People have feigned their own deaths too. But it’s so uncommon that that’s not the first thought when someone dies. I think I recall one player who was the victim of a blackmail plot involving a girl who turned out to be underage. At the heart of that was a gang of predominantly men.

Pretty much every instance where accusations have increased by multiple women. It’s always usually meant the person was guilty and a serial offender.

If this is plot to get money out of Antony. 1) it will be very rare and not indicative of previous cases. 2) based on what I know about brazil, it will be criminal gangs using women.

tomaldinho1

Guess we’ll have to wait till redcucumber decides there’s enough women coming forward before we can suggest anything. Double figures get you thinking there might actually be something up?
The sad thing is, if these are women looking for attention or revenge more will come forward.
If these are genuine victims, there likely could be more too.

Real Name

Nice post this. Do you happen to post on Twitter too?
3 women already made accusations, I guess they're all out to get Antony's money, right?

Conor

That's definitely the most likely case here, 3 separate women lodged complaints spanning over a year, they must have met up online and decided to do it together!

cyberman

That's definitely the most likely case here, 3 separate women lodged complaints spanning over a year, they must have met up online and decided to do it together!
Happened to Mendy did it not?

Rednotdead

Nice post this. Do you happen to post on Twitter too?
3 women already made accusations, I guess they're all out to get Antony's money, right?
Did you forget to read the last sentence of my post? It wasn’t a long post, it only had 3 sentences. Just for clarity, I’ll repeat it.

“I’M NOT SAYING THAT’S THE CASE HERE, but it has happened before.”

I hope that helps.