Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

JediSith

Clearly Antony's advisors have made the calculation that getting ahead of the story with evidence will keep public sentiment on his side as a proper investigation happens.
From my understanding on what ingrid has said. They only met once . She said she only went to meet him for business and nothing sexual. If that’s the case… releasing that is both the calculated and emotional thing to do.

MichaelRed

From my understanding on what ingrid has said. They only met once . She said she only went to meet him for business and nothing sexual. If that’s the case… releasing that is both the calculated and emotional thing to do.
Her messages after the meet-up don't exactly seem like the kind you'd send after just having seven bells of shit knocked out of you either.

JediSith

Her messages after the meet-up don't exactly seem like the kind you'd send after just having seven bells of shit knocked out of you either.
That does seem the case. Just a few months ago I’d be shouting exactly what the WhatsApp conversation + her story =. But the MG case has taught me to be careful. Humans are not math. That seemed like a certain way but then it turned out there was more to it.

So while things are looking very favourably towards Antony’s side, I’m going to refrain from making the same mistake I made with Greenwood against Ingrid. Just incase there’s some future change.

But so far looks like Antony should be back at United soon. And hopefully his version and evidence will get collaborated by the police

gajender

Let the Relevant authorities be the judge of that, just like mere accusations shouldn't bring someone's life to halt by taking them at face value neither they should be so easily dismissed .

JediSith

Let the Relevant authorities be the judge of that, just like mere accusations shouldn't bring someone's life to halt by taking them at face value neither they should be so easily dismissed .
Ingrid’s story and the contradicting conversation is evidence.

Keep an open mind because the screen shot could be edited fake conversations and Antony might just be a dummy who doesn’t realise he’ll have to show the WhatsApp to police, assuming he hasn’t already done so. Or there might be more we are not privy to.

But don’t confuse the levels. As things stand. From what we have heard and seen. Things are heavily in Antony’s favour. And that is a positive.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Ingrid’s story and the contradicting conversation is evidence.

Keep an open mind because the screen shot could be edited fake conversations and Antony might just be a dummy who doesn’t realise he’ll have to show the WhatsApp to police, assuming he hasn’t already done so. Or there might be more we are not privy to.

But don’t confuse the levels. As things stand. From what we have heard and seen. Things are heavily in Antony’s favour. And that is a positive.
The good thing is that with all these discrepancies, it's going to be easy to prove either way.

At least they're all contradicts one another

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Exactly.

It's all black and white for the people here, social justice keyboard warriors, self-righteous pricks.

When someone said even remotely offers an opinion that even remotely hints at giving Greenwood, Antony the benefit of the doubt, or innocent until proven guilty, all these self-righteous opinionated clowns who can't fecking think for themselves immediately swarmed your post with "Oh you must hate women", "what went wrong with you", "how dare you voice support for a rapist/abuser", blab blab, fecking blab.

The forum is now a cesspit of social justice warriors, cancel culture woke pricks, Cristiano Ronaldo fanboys who post agenda-driven bullshit to shit on ETH (Tsuwave, mitchmouse, etc) and negative fans who love to shit on every single thing the club did.

I joined the forum back 20+ years ago in 2002. The drop in quality is alarming and ridiculous. I can't even finish a single thread on man std forum these days because there are so much fecking drivel and rubbish being posted everyday. Mods opting to issue warnings for using words like "abortion" or "crap", instead of doing proper quality control.

And people here were laughing at other forums. Take a look good at a mirror seriously.
When a revered poster such as (checks name) Domination has had enough of our keyboard-warrioring then something is very wrong with this world. Have a word with ourselves.

Denis79

Image 1:

Antony: I don't like it, but i'm being forced to share a small part of my whatsapp texts with Ingrid, they show that we only had one date, it was both intimate and consensual. This matter with the faker will be solved in court.

Image 2:

Ingrid: it is up to you, my love

Ingrid: He just brought me here

Antony : If anything happens talk to him and go together hahahah

Ingrid: If you want i'll wait in bed naked rs (rs is a laugh, sometimes used in naughty scenarios)

Ingrid: Are you coming back love?

Ingrid: I'm going for a walk, tell me if you are coming back. Bj (it's a kiss)

Image 3:

Ingrid: God be with you,

Ingrid: I'll be going to the airport in a minute.

Ingrid: I wanted to meet you... regardless of sex, considering we didn't do it well anyway rs

(This sentence doesnt translate well, but its mostly a few compliments and church like sayings folowed by Ingrid saying that once we die all that's left behind is our legacy (we as in people in general).

Ingrid: Bj (kisses) See you later 'heart emoji'.

Image 4:

Ingrid: Don't get mad

Ingrid: I get wet when I see it

Ingrid: I would never harm you

Ingrid: Don't you trust me?

Ingrid: Ok

Antony: I'ts not about trust, I just don't like it

Antony: Taking screen shots

Antony: I don't find it cool

Antony: So please delete it

Antony: I do trust you

Antony: But I don't like that

Image 5:

Ingrid: Ok Antony

Ingrid: Thanks for the trust, I came from far away to see you, you still won't trust me.

Ingrid: Not going to answer?

Ingrid: Antony I deleted it

Ingrid: Are you going to be mad at me?

Ingrid: I just need to remove it from the cloud, but don't know how

Ingrid: Talk to me baby

Ingrid: I can't keep your picture so it makes me wet over here (this message is missing something at the very end)

Ingrid: Good morning looooooove

Ingrid: Talk to me my prince rs

Antony: Good morning babe, everything alright?

Ingrid: Excelent

Ingrid: I changed my hair

Ingrid : 'heart emojis'
There is software to manipulate whats-app conversations, change time, sender and even the messages. Hopefully he's telling the truth here, one cnut per season is enough.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I honestly can't believe the amount of people saying there is a 'Hive-mind'.

Some kind of SJW variety.

It's just - being a decent person. Surely people see that? Being against women being battered or understanding powerful men have always had too much power over women is not a hive-mind, it's just facts.

Rednotdead

I honestly can't believe the amount of people saying there is a 'Hive-mind'.

Some kind of SJW variety.

It's just - being a decent person. Surely people see that? Being against women being battered or understanding powerful men have always had too much power over women is not a hive-mind, it's just facts.
On the contrary, women hold all the power in the current climate. It merely needs an accusation to be made against a man and all hell breaks loose on social media. The man is automatically treated as guilty and is demonised by the torch and pitchfork mobs led by people like Rachel Riley. Even if found to be innocent, the stigma still exists.

if you doubt what I’m saying, ask yourself why these accusations are made in public in the first instance and not to the authorities.

Both parties should be entitled to fair treatment until the facts are established by investigating authorities.

doomy20

Half the women who accuse men of abuse are lying?
Not what I said. I said as long as nothing has been proven, it is 50:50, his words are equally to what the woman say.

I don’t said half the woman accusing celebs are lying. What I am saying is that there’s a history of cases involving lies/money driven, so it is especially important to have a clear look before destroying someones career.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Clearly Antony's advisors have made the calculation that getting ahead of the story with evidence will keep public sentiment on his side as a proper investigation happens.
More that they realise the court of public opinion today is more important that the court of law

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
On the contrary, women hold all the power in the current climate. It merely needs an accusation to be made against a man and all hell breaks loose on social media. The man is automatically treated as guilty and is demonised by the torch and pitchfork mobs led by people like Rachel Riley. Even if found to be innocent, the stigma still exists.

if you doubt what I’m saying, ask yourself why these accusations are made in public in the first instance and not to the authorities.

Both parties should be entitled to fair treatment until the facts are established by investigating authorities.
Stop being such an incel

cyberman

But he isn’t being charged with this one right? So it does no good for him if he keeps quiet and allows her to sully his name further without recourse.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

They're rising up against their penis-wielding oppressors.

crossy1686

career ending

JediSith

This post is the perfect example of how extreme views can easily take hold. I’m not accusing the op of being an extremist. But the post shares so many similarities with extremist from all spectrums.

1) Parts of it are very agreeable. Who would disagree with the the last paragraph?

2) Raises a legitimate concern that one group or people in general may have. In this instance about online accusations and how it can ruin lives.

3) But then, this is the extremist element. Arguable exaggerates the threat and frequency with which it happens and also targets one group as persecutors in this case women and one group as victims in this case men and uses highly emotive warlike rhetoric and analogies.

Judas

Open to offers
'Women hold all the power '

Surely nobody can seriously believe this!?
Andrew Tate fans, ignorant teenagers, incels, generally quite thick unintelligent folk, old blokes that should know better and wonder why can't I catcall a pretty woman anymore the worlds gone mad. Unfortunately the planet is overloaded with them.

Rednotdead

This post is the perfect example of how extreme views can easily take hold. I’m not accusing the op of being an extremist. But the post shares so many similarities with extremist from all spectrums.

1) Parts of it are very agreeable. Who would disagree with the the last paragraph?

2) Raises a legitimate concern that one group or people in general may have. In this instance about online accusations and how it can ruin lives.

3) But then, this is the extremist element. Arguable exaggerates the threat and frequency with which it happens and also targets one group as persecutors in this case women and one group as victims in this case men and uses highly emotive warlike rhetoric and analogies.
Clearly you carried out no research at all into the percentage of accusations of domestic violence made by both women against men and men against women.

Objective, fact-based truth isn’t extremism.

BootsyCollins

No they dont. So the hundred of thousand women being the victim of domestic violence every year in the UK hold all the power? Strange way of using that power, being abused.
Your last paragraph is of course true, but you could just say that instead of the first paragraph.

Rednotdead

No they dont. So the hundred of thousand women being the victim of domestic violence every year in the UK hold all the power? Strange way of using that power, being abused.
Your last paragraph is of course true, but you could just say that instead of the first paragraph.
I was referring to these high-profile cases.

JediSith

Clearly you carried out no research at all into the percentage of accusations of domestic violence made by both women against men and men against women.

Objective, fact-based truth isn’t extremism.
You have not actually quoted any facts from your research so I don’t know what point you’re making or great knowledge you’re trying to imply you’re aware of.

Toblerone92

This is a rather worrying statement and I think you need to question what delusion has led you to take such a position on this issue. Where do you read this nonsense? Genuinely curious to know the source.

The majority of women who are sexually assaulted and raped are traumatised, with many not coming forward for fear of further abuse, vilification and ridicule. Look at how Mason Greenwood’s partner was treated and she had actual video evidence.

For those that do come forward, the road to any kind of justice - if they ever get that at all - is lengthy. Many wait years just to get to trial and once they do they are often subjected to inappropriate and incredibly intrusive questioning into their sex lives, clothing choice and general lifestyle, with the heavily implicit framing by the defence of “you were asking for it, weren’t you?”

Their phones are often confiscated, social media trawled through and with the option for most victims being to give up their right to any kind of private life if they want to pursue the case through the courts. In what way is this “fair treatment” by investigating authorities? Do you really think women wilfully subject themselves to this treatment off the back of falsified claims of rape?

Gaidal

So I haven't really followed everything, but there are 3 women who have accused Antony?

one that claimed it was only a professional meeting and Antony hurt her when she didn't want to sleep with him, and this is the one Antony now has proved did sleep with him, which I guess means her accusation wont really hold much weight?

and then it is one woman who was fighting with another woman in the backseat of the car Antony was driving, and when Antony stopped she got out? Don't really understand why this one has anything to do with Antony to be honest.

And then its the one that is a DJ (?) and was his side chick who leaked a bunch of pictures of injuries? And is using the media frenzy to force us to not play Antony?

Hopefully everything clears up quickly, regardless of who is telling the truth. If Antony is guilty he should be punished accordingly, but if he is innocent he cant just sit around for two years not playing waiting for the verdict, so having him not playing is a weird decision if it continues.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I was referring to these high-profile cases.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to sue particularly rich and powerful people or famous people.

You actually have to have the actual fire or some resemblance of incidents properly documented, you must have never been grilled by a group of highly paid lawyer who's so good at stripping you clean whenever there's even a single hint of discrepancies, prolonging the court, making you go back and forth for depositions and making sure you keep on burning money on your Lionel Hutz of a lawyer, not to mention an angry mob of fans abusing you nonstop in social media. And we're not even talking about hired thugs, Private Investigators to collect your dirt in life and leaked to high profile reporter which you happen to call in for a favour.

As we speak, lots of Antony and MU fans are wishing very bad things to the girl on social media. God help her if her accusation is proven wrong, or somehow Antony walked out of his. Her career is over.

So. I don't think it's as easy as "I want to make a little money I make an interview on fake assault" and probably he'll throw me a few million to shut me up

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He's publicly counter argued against two of the accusations, there's still more. These interviews and stories may be geared towards winning public opinion with some of the narratives he does have in his favor, but it is possible that the truth is grey - that while there was sexual interest from Ingrid, or plate-breaking reaction from Gabriella, there was also possible violence on his behalf. Again, it becomes so crucial for authorities to investigate each and every one of these incidents thoroughly and properly, without being biased by the publicly fought PR wars.

JediSith

God help her if her accusation is proven wrong, or somehow Antony walked out of his. Her career is over.

So. I don't think it's as easy as "I want to make a little money I make an interview on fake assault" and probably he'll throw me a few million to shut me up
I agree with most of your point except the bolden part. If her accusation is proven false then why should she deserve any sympathy? She’ll deserve any legal punishment she gets and rightly so her career should be over.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I agree with most of your point except the bolden part. If her accusation is proven false then why should she deserve any sympathy? She’ll deserve any legal punishment she gets and rightly so her career should be over.
I'm not saying sympathy. Just that the risk goes both ways.

It's not a free jab for the woman. Look at Amber Heard. Her career is practically over.

mu4c_20le

He's publicly counter argued against two of the accusations, there's still more. These interviews and stories may be geared towards winning public opinion with some of the narratives he does have in his favor, but it is possible that the truth is grey - that while there was sexual interest from Ingrid, or plate-breaking reaction from Gabriella, there was also possible violence on his behalf. Again, it becomes so crucial for authorities to investigate each and every one of these incidents thoroughly and properly, without being biased by the publicly fought PR wars.
Not sure how difficult it is to prosecute these types of cases in Brazil, but he seems pretty confident he won't be charged or even arrested.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Yeah I don’t know what to think of this. Usually things like this are best to be kept private - but it seems like to most of the world he’s already guilty - and he just wants to put this out there and protect his innocence.
Which world, from what i read in social media, i can say 95%+ are defending him, and calling the chick liar / bitch / gold digger.

Except this is not an argument. Most statement has to be meticulous as to not having holes they can poke later on. For example he can't say he only met her once only to be shown on CCTV to be together on several occasion and several other places

As far as I know.... Interviews such as this can be admissible in court, so Antony better get those details straight or it could easily backfired

JediSith

I'm not saying sympathy. Just that the risk goes both ways.

It's not a free jab for the woman. Look at Amber Heard. Her career is practically over.
I apologise. I misunderstood. I think that’s what the OP we’re replying to doesn’t seem to understand

1) there are consequences for false accusations both legal and social that affect real and online life.

2) I might be wrong but I think the person we’re replying to thinks false accusations are the norm or a higher % than we realise. I don’t think that’s the case. I think bad faith accusations are usually exposed very quickly. But granted in an extreme minority of cases they do take a long time and get dragged through the courts. But then that’s no different to any other crime.

Woodzy

I mean, the WhatsApp transcript doesn't paint Ingrid in a very good light lets be honest.

Judas

Open to offers
WhatsApp point to what this has looked like for awhile, a total fecking mess. But it doesn’t really prove any innocence, it sounds like a truly toxic situation.

Needham

I mean, the WhatsApp transcript doesn't paint Ingrid in a very good light lets be honest.
If the accusation is proven false it stands to reason club transfer policy shats. For years the board board has MRI though Pallister's hope took a pounding it's all City's fault. Also teeth to the back sick of
of the media pussrap before don't even attempt to let Ince bully you, not withstanding all the next day deliveries of yum yum sloppy. And why weren't we Garth Crooksed when Hope Solo did me real good? Wind your necks in.

Hal9000

I'm not agreeing with the original post.

However huge amounts of men also suffer from domestic abuse, but as it's seen as a gendered crime they are often not believed or there is a stigma attached to it.