Any player in our squad you won’t sell for 100m?

Mike Smalling

Bruno. How many creative, high energetic, good pressing, high output midfielders are there? Statistically he's De Bruyne's equal.

In this market 100m would be poor business for us for several other players.
Hardly. They have very similar non-penalty goals pr. game (Bruno 0.23, KDB 0.25), and De Bruyne has significantly more assists pr. game (Bruno 0.25, KDB 0.43).

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Bruno, Rashford and maybe Martinez.

I'm not saying that these 3 necessarily are worth much more but they are too important to the team and very hard to replace. Any attacking midfielder in the world that we could realistically sign would be a huge downgrade from Bruno. I'm also struggling to think about a left winger that we could sign who's comparable to Rashford. Maybe Mitoma? Although he'd cost an arm an a leg. And I guess there are equally skilled center backs out there, but I like Martinez too much.

Trex

By that logic Evans is worth 80 million as he is better than Maguire :wenger:
100m is not so big a fee this days, you could come to regret it. We don't have many decent players so I wouldn't sell anyone decent for for that fee except they're 30+.
Give me Antony fee back and I'll throw in Scott for free.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's too young and has too much potential to sell at 100M. At this stage of his career it would take 200M to buy him and it's not because of what he is now.
It didnt even cost that to buy Bellingham, or Caicedo, or Haaland, why would it Garnacho?

Saka 400 million then?

Onerealunited

Bruno and Rashford
It would be impossible for us to replace them with something or similar quality with €100m ourselves… the rest could be replaced and even upgraded in with €100m

Trex

It didnt even cost that to buy Bellingham, or Caicedo, or Haaland, why would it Garnacho?

Saka 400 million then?
It will cost more because united is a more expensive market to shop at especially for a player we have no desire to sell.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Guys, what if this is a trap and OP is a rich Saudi? If Bruno and Rashford are gone tomorrow I blame you!

flappyjay

Surprised by this. I mean Bruno is great but he is also very inconsistent. If someone offered 100 million I'd take it.

Honestly I don't think we have many players you could value over 100 million. You could make the argument for Rashford but I think he's the only one right now. If we had a bid like that for any other player we should take it and reinvest in the squad.
I thinks it's not necessarily about them being too good but not trusting the club to get the right player to replace them even with a 100m in hand.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’d keep Rashford but the rest can go

binary bot
I've zero faith in our transfer policy. If I did, it'd probably just be Rashford, and a large part of that is sentimentality.

When you look at transfers from the point of view of supply. There are probably 1-2 players per position in world football who don't have 3-4 alternatives at a similar level.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Garnacho because of his potential, anyone else would be a fair game.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It will cost more because united is a more expensive market to shop at especially for a player we have no desire to sell.
What proof do you have to back this up? We have rarely sold players for more than their market value, not even Ronaldo.

This is all hypothetical though, the club doesnt want to sell their top players ofcourse. Personally, anything north of 70 million and I'd sell someone like Garnacho. Just like we should have with Januzaj in hindsight.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hardly. They have very similar non-penalty goals pr. game (Bruno 0.23, KDB 0.25), and De Bruyne has significantly more assists pr. game (Bruno 0.25, KDB 0.43).
That’s a very simplistic way of comparing them. First of all, the other one creates chances for Haaland, the other (did for last season) for Weghorst.

I believe Bruno creates good chances at a similar rate to KDB. Not his fault we rarely convert those to goals. Well, apart from missing sitters himself like last Saturday.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amad Diallo
——
None. I think Rashford is about that price.

Abraxas

Garnacho isn't worth 100 million quid. He needs to develop significantly to be worth that, nevermind in excess of that which would put him among the best in the world within the next few years. The smart play would be snap someone's hand off and let them take on the uncertainty that attaches to young players. At 100 million you can take that and get something a little more useful right now. Well, if you make good transfer decisions you could. He's talented but I think it's getting carried away with a youth product.

For me it's probably Rashford because he is quite established and our main threat which means you do need to go into the market and get like for like quality. It would be quite hard to assure that without spending 100 million so it's kind of pointless to sell. A few others are on the cusp, Bruno maybe could be close but could be sellable at that price. Martinez - I'm not so convinced he's earnt that premium on his fee yet, I think he has improved his value but not neccessarily to that extent, 100 million, it's a lot for a CB after all.

Trex

What proof do you have to back this up? We have rarely sold players for more than their market value, not even Ronaldo.

This is all hypothetical though, the club doesnt want to sell their top players ofcourse. Personally, anything north of 70 million and I'd sell someone like Garnacho. Just like we should have with Januzaj in hindsight.
Picture a scenario were say PSG makes a 100m bid for Garnacho do you think united will accept? At what price do you think it become ridiculous and united choose to cash in? In his age bracket who is the winger on his current level, you should consider that.

Mike Smalling

That’s a very simplistic way of comparing them. First of all, the other one creates chances for Haaland, the other (did for last season) for Weghorst.

I believe Bruno creates good chances at a similar rate to KDB. Not his fault we rarely convert those to goals. Well, apart from missing sitters himself like last Saturday.
Sure, it's very simplistic, but purely on output KDB has delivered more. The actual comparison is, of course, more complex seeing as they play in different sides, slightly different positions, etc. I don't think anyone can argue they are actually equal players though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We're a pretty poorly ran club, so I wouldn't feel at all confident that we'll be able to successfully replace one of our better players if a 100 million bid came in.

cpresc

Tbh I'm shocked by the lack of love for Rashford in this thread

Seems like everyone has already forgotten he was absolutely world class last season

Revan

Assumptionman
Rashford would be the only one.

Bruno, Casemiro and Varane are the only other world-class players we have, but they will likely decline fast knowing their age.

Garnacho is a huge talent but 100m would be tempting and way above his current market value.

No other player is worth even 50m.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Saka 400 million then?
Those players are known quantities who either had release clauses or contracts about to expire. Granted after a full season in the first team his price it's easier to put a price on him.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I like Garnacho but wow.
My point right now is his value is undefined, b/c his ceiling is extremely high and he hasn't played enough. He needs more playing time before United would entertain a reasonable offer. Would they accept a 100M bid for him right now?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
My point right now is his value is undefined, b/c his ceiling is extremely high and he hasn't played enough. He needs more playing time before United would entertain a reasonable offer.
It's a wild fantasy scenario anyways. I've never ever seen a player with Garnacho's profile go for anything close to 100 mill, even adjusted for inflation. I doubt anyone would offer even half of that. Any club he's good enough to start for can't afford him and any other club would just go for a safer bet for the same amount.

Would they accept a 100M bid for him right now?
Yes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Rashford I think...and Hojlund I suppose.

I wouldn't sell Bruno less then £100m though.

Unam333

In my opinion every player can be sold if the price is right and the player himself wants to leave.

peridigm

Surprised by this. I mean Bruno is great but he is also very inconsistent. If someone offered 100 million I'd take it.

Honestly I don't think we have many players you could value over 100 million. You could make the argument for Rashford but I think he's the only one right now. If we had a bid like that for any other player we should take it and reinvest in the squad.
Same. I don't get it. I'd sell any of our players for 100m as long as the money would be reinvested for a direct replacement.