Any player in our squad you won’t sell for 100m?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Picture a scenario were say PSG makes a 100m bid for Garnacho do you think united will accept? At what price do you think it become ridiculous and united choose to cash in? In his age bracket who is the winger on his current level, you should consider that.
They'd be stupid not to. He's clearly not good enough to start for us at this point and an impact sub. We have very little reputation of developing young players into world class players over the past 10 years. Our best shouts in that regard are Rashford and Shaw and even they have significant deficiencies in their games.

Aston Villa just picked up Diaby who's half of 100 million, Garnacho is nowhere near that level and it is just a hope he'll get there (for us). I'd advice most youngsters to move away from United, mind.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Same. I don't get it. I'd sell any of our players for 100m as long as the money would be reinvested for a direct replacement.
Who would you replace Bruno or Rashford with for 100 million and feel confident? Antony cost 86 million. Sancho cost 73 million. Mount cost 55. It's rough out there! We got to cling to the little quality we have. You don't replace a sure bet with a risky one. Especially when the player you sell still is in his prime.

RedStarUnited

Id sell Bruno in a heartbeat. He is a big problem for us whilst he is here. He is 29 next week and you know at some point his style of play will catch up to him. All that energy will come at a cost im his 30s.

TsuWave

I wouldn't sell Martinez. I have a feeling I'll soon feel the same way about Hojlund

Superunknown

With our owners and staff, we'll probably sell them all for less than 100m combined.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
There's an argument for Bruno and Rashford (i disagree) but no one else is worth anywhere near £100m in this squad.
No player is worth 100m really. The fees are asanine. In the context of the market United would turn down a 100m offer for several players which is what the thread is asking about. Would it make any difference in replacing Martinez for 80 or 90 or 100m? No. It would be just as difficult which is why the club would turn down a 100m offer for him. They'd also do so for Rashford and Garnacho and possibly Onana.

RedStarUnited

Who would you replace Bruno or Rashford with for 100 million and feel confident? Antony cost 86 million. Sancho cost 73 million. Mount cost 55. It's rough out there! We got to cling to the little quality we have. You don't replace a sure bet with a risky one. Especially when the player you sell still is in his prime.
Its not roughy out there, we are a just silly club.

Mount > McAlister went for less with a release clause
Antony - Raphinha went for less and he is better

We make shitty decisions and convince our selves we cant get anything better.

Jordi Cruyff 99

Any time I want to show how ridiculously overrated Rashford is to someone I'm talking to, I'll cite this thread. Utterly ludicrous how Man Utd fans overrate him.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Hardly. They have very similar non-penalty goals pr. game (Bruno 0.23, KDB 0.25), and De Bruyne has significantly more assists pr. game (Bruno 0.25, KDB 0.43).
I don't even know what statistics you are talking about. Look at last season stats where Bruno finished in a 3rd place United squad way behind De Bruyne. Look at chances created (City have finishers in their squad, United have none).

RuudTom83

100 million after the summer is nothing.

2 years ago 100 million for anyone in the United squad would be a good deal.

100 million for Licha now would just mean United have to spend 125 million to replace him.

el3mel

No player in United's squad deserve that sum of money.

Rashford and Bruno are our best players and I don't see any bid for them higher than 60-80m.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Its not roughy out there, we are a just silly club.
Fair enough. Assume we had someone competent leading the negotiations then.

I'm still not convinced about the options to Rashford and Bruno that we could realistically get. They'd all be a downgrade. Replacing Rashford with a 70 million pound player who's almost guaranteed to be worse is not worth it to me.

foolsgold

No player in United's squad deserve that sum of money.

Rashford and Bruno are our best players and I don't see any bid for them higher than 60-80m.
Totally agree. Rashford is probably our most valuable player after last season, but who knows what he's going to produce this year, he finished poorly last year.

Bruno I'd sell for 100m in a heartbeat. Too many flaws and inconsistencies in his game for him to be considered elite level.

Todd

Let's say we sold Rashford and needed to find a replacement of similar quality. The two names that immediately come to mind for me are Rafael Leao and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, and you can forget about either of those players going for under 100 million.

And Bruno is even more coveted in his position, and replacing him would cost a hell of a lot more than 100 million.

Skills

Snitch
Rashford
Fernandes

Somewhere between £120m is where it gets interesting though.

Zlatattack

I'd sell the lot. Might demand 150 for Rashford and Bruno. Those positions are expensive to replace.

Kravaratshelia and Mitoma wouldn't be cheap.

Drz

I'd say Bruno, but only because we would clearly struggle to replace his output from midfield given how poorly we recruit.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Absolutely bollocks. There’s no one that isn’t dispensable for £100m in this team. No one. People suggesting Rashford and Bruno are biased than objective. Both are chaotic and are inconsistent as hell.

tomaldinho1

My point right now is his value is undefined, b/c his ceiling is extremely high and he hasn't played enough. He needs more playing time before United would entertain a reasonable offer. Would they accept a 100M bid for him right now?
Without a shadow of a doubt they would. There's no guarantee he'll even make it at United, let alone be a £100m player.

Revan

Assumptionman
100 million after the summer is nothing.

2 years ago 100 million for anyone in the United squad would be a good deal.

100 million for Licha now would just mean United have to spend 125 million to replace him.
Well considering that we are stupid, we probably would spend 125m to spend hin.

On the other hand, Bayern signed this season Kim for 50m, and last season De Ligt for what 60-70m, two players that are better than Licha. Real signed a couple of years ago Militao for 43m. Spurs signed Romero for 45m or so, who is in a similar level to Martinez, and Arsenal signed Timber for 40m (yes, he got injured, shot happens). City signed Akanji for 15m.

And I guess there are many other examples where you can upgrade, or get a player of similar quality, with a lot of money to spare.

But I guess your point, we are just so shit at transfers that we would probably burn that money in Maguire’s brother and another No. 10.

If we were not that shit at transfers, the only player who is worth 100m or more is Rashford.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Rashford, Garnacho and Bruno. Right now even half-good players have crazy prices. Any of them should be worth more than 100 with today's prices. Specially because you can't get a reliable replacement for less than that.

Infra-red

There's nobody in the squad that any club would offer £100m for. If anyone did offer that money tomorrow, there's nobody that we wouldn't sell.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Absolutely bollocks. There’s no one that isn’t dispensable for £100m in this team. No one. People suggesting Rashford and Bruno are biased than objective. Both are chaotic and are inconsistent as hell.
I don’t think saying that Rashford is a 100m player is being biased. Sure, we might get a young player who becomes as good or better, but chances are small.

From established players you have a few like Leao or Kvara, but both of them would be over 100m. And as we have seen from Sancho, even dead cert success players from other leagues, can bomb.

If you want to upgrade Rashford you are looking at Vini Jr and Mbappe, both would probably cost 150-200m and won’t have too much interest in coming here.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I don’t think saying that Rashford is a 100m player is being biased. Sure, we might get a young player who becomes as good or better, but chances are small.

From established players you have a few like Leao or Kvara, but both of them would be over 100m. And as we have seen from Sancho, even dead cert success players from other leagues, can bomb.

If you want to upgrade Rashford you are looking at Vini Jr and Mbappe, both would probably cost 150-200m and won’t have too much interest in coming here.
What do you think Martinelli is worth? I know he won’t come here but just asking. And i would take Mitoma for the left wing. He’s a serious winger in my opinion.

Revan

Assumptionman
What do you think Martinelli is worth? I know he won’t come here but just asking. And i would take Mitoma for the left wing. He’s a serious winger in my opinion.
Martinelli wouldn’t get sold for less than 100m IMO. Haven’t seen much of Mitoma.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It's a wild fantasy scenario anyways. I've never ever seen a player with Garnacho's profile go for anything close to 100 mill, even adjusted for inflation. I doubt anyone would offer even half of that. Any club he's good enough to start for can't afford him and any other club would just go for a safer bet for the same amount.
Players of his profile at a big club aren't sold with 5 years left on their contract. I'm not saying he's a world-beater, I'm just saying it would take an absurd sum to get United to sell.

Without a shadow of a doubt, they would. There's no guarantee he'll even make it at United, let alone be a £100m player.
Agree to disagree.

El Jefe

No player in our team is worth £100m. Rashford is the only one that should even be a debate, not that his ability justifies more but considering his age, English tax and marketability, you should get more for him.

Up to me, I'd drive any player out of this club if we got a £100m bid for them.

Von Mistelroum

Our best players are not especially valuable. I don't think we have any who would be worth more than £50m to be honest.

Casemiro was arguably our best player last season, but at his age he's probably not worth all that much over £30m.

I would suggest that our most valuable player is likely Onana who would be worth £50m roughly. Perhaps Martinez around the same.

Pscholes18

With the Salah news my friend and I got in a debate. If a saudi club was to make a 100m bid for any of our players, who would you not sell?

city: half their squad esp haaland
Arsenal: saka
Liverpool: let’s find out

the rest of the league pretty much everyone’s going at that price ?
:lol: I'd sell any player from Utd for 100 mil because no player on Utd is worth that much.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  • Rashford - he's worth more with his pace and goalscoring, any marginal upgrades would be over 100m
  • Onana - Maignan is the only one out there who would be a marginal upgrade who isn't at a club we can't steal from, and he'd be expensive as feck, so not worth it
  • Hojlund - same reason we spent so much. If we believe in the potential, then there is a very select pool of players who would be worth taking over him as a CF, and all over 100m
  • Shaw - think he's up there with the best around
This is assuming we can sell for 100m and replace using that money for a better player... Not pooling money to get 200m to get Mbappe or whatever. Just a straight could we improve on each of them with 100m.

PSV

Only Bruno as there isn't any upgrades available.

Would sell Rashford and Hojlund in a heartbeat.

RedOrange

There's nobody in the squad that any club would offer £100m for. If anyone did off that money tomorrow, there's nobody that we wouldn't sell.
Some Saudi clubs likely would, which is why this thread was created. I also agree that nobody in the squad is worth keeping around for that much money. If Hojlund fits in really well, presses like mad, holds up the ball to bring in teammates and scores 10+ goals this season then he'd be one to keep. Onana might be another one.