Any player in our squad you won’t sell for 100m?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Rashford, Fernandes, Martinez, Casemiro, probably a few others.

Not so much that I think they're worth 100m or necessarily close to it, but more that if we lost one of them and had £100m to replace them, I'd have 0 faith in us not signing someome worse. Probably Oli Watkins or that weird statue of Ronaldo's head or something.

Fooza

some of the names mentioned jeez...can see why other fans have a right good laugh when they read the caf

none of the players are worth 100m. If Rashford has another great season then I''ll re-think that

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Rashford, Fernandes, Martinez, Casemiro, probably a few others.

Not so much that I think they're worth 100m or necessarily close to it, but more that if we lost one of them and had £100m to replace them, I'd have 0 faith in us not signing someome worse. Probably Oli Watkins or that weird statue of Ronaldo's head or something.
Christ, you wouldn't sell Casemiro for £100M?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Christ, you wouldn't sell Casemiro for £100M?
Why is Casemiro getting so much stick after being great last season? Because we played a crazy system for 2 games and it's somehow his fault?

And also no definitely and obviously not, because it would cost a lot more than £100m to sort out our first choice midfield being Mount and Mctominay.

This is just another bizarre thread to sh*t on our best players for no real reason.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Chelsea paid over £100m for Caceido and Arsenal paid £75m to buy Havertz from a team that finished 12th.

If you think £100m would replace and improve on players like Rashford or Fernandes, based on our record at signing people, then you're probably a bit of an idiot.

We have two wingers in our squad who cost nearly that each, and don't even produce half of what Rashford does between them. One of who many on here would constantly drone on about how we should sign to replace Rashford.

bringbackbebe

Only a handful of players in the league have an intrinsic value of 100m+ - Saka, Odegaard, Haaland, KDB. No one in Liverpool/United/Chelsea are worth that much.

Mickson

Surprised by this. I mean Bruno is great but he is also very inconsistent. If someone offered 100 million I'd take it.

Honestly I don't think we have many players you could value over 100 million. You could make the argument for Rashford but I think he's the only one right now. If we had a bid like that for any other player we should take it and reinvest in the squad.
Me too. He's also 30 next year. I would sell Bruno for 100 mil without thinking twice.

Lisandro and Rashford are the only ones, important right now and will be very important in the next few years. I probably would accept 100m for Garnacho.

AndySmith1990

Rashford might be worth it if he had a better attitude. You'd be a bit annoyed if you spent £100m on a player only to find they can't be arsed putting in the effort half the time. Mentality is as important as technical ability and he falls far short of having an elite mentality

RedUnited86

There's not a single player in the squad I'd reject a £100 million bid for.

People are forgetting what £100 million or there abouts can get you - compared to some of the tripe what have at the moment.

Caicedo - £100 million base - if he hits the extra £15 million worth of add ons, he'll have been a success and worth every penny.

Rice - £100 million with £5 million add on

Bellingham - £88 million, upto £115 million

Kane - £100 million

Gvardiol - £77 million

Doku - £55 million

Nkunku - £52 million

Ugarte - £51 million

Onana - £47 million

Min-Jae - £43 million

I'm sure there's many others without looking. If you're diligent and do your home work, £100 million doesn't need to get you the next Antony/Maguire.

Baneofthegame

This forum is embarrassing sometimes. Not sure how people managed to get brainwashed into thinking Shaw is a top left back.
Maybe look at yourself before pointing the finger, 100million is a stretch, definitely, but who are you replacing him with?

Melville Red

Rashford is the only one who I feel you might have some difficulty replacing with another player of equivalent value. He had one really bad season for us but barring that he's been pretty reliable, he's homegrown and is still of a good age profile. Everybody else would be replaceable at that price.
Yep after his little purple patch last season he has done sweet FA and regressed back to normal form, over rated and not worth the ridiculous contract he was given.
Tell me, if he wasn’t an academy player and we purchased him for £80million at the same time as Slab Head would you still be raving about him?

CM

Yep after his little purple patch last season he has done sweet FA and regressed back to normal form, over rated and not worth the ridiculous contract he was given.
Tell me, if he wasn’t an academy player and we purchased him for £80million at the same time as Slab Head would you still be raving about him?
What are you on about? I wasn't even raving about him, I said he's the only one you might have some difficulty replacing for the same money in the current market. Mudryk was signed for £89m, Antony £86m, Darwin Nunez the same, Grealish £100m etc.

£100m doesn't buy you what it used to. Rashford has 49 goals and 27 assists in the league since Maguire signed in 2019. Find me another player producing similar numbers in their mid 20s who would be available for less than £100m.

RedOrange

You’d be bloody lucky to get an offer any where approaching £100million for Rashford.
I would keep Garnacho though he will be worth much more in a few seasons time.
The Saudis would absolutely pay £100 million for him, likely a great deal more.

led_scholes

The only player from this squad who had this value was Casemiro 4 years ago. The rest won't ever reach it.

oreon

Pretty sure Sancho and Antony would still be at their respective clubs had United not splashed the cash.
Sure. But maybe that money could have been used for better players. Lets be frank Sancho has been a failure. And Antony has yet to make the mark we thought he would. When you spend 70 mil + the expectation should be world class players. We need to be honest and the number reason for lack of success is poor recruitment. Hundreds of millions of money wasted on good players but they're not at the world class level we need to close the gap with City

Big Ray

Rashford isn’t worth £5m based on this performance today. No heart bravery or drive in him at all. Complete fraud.

hobbers

I said £140m for Rashford, think that was optimistic.

Snap the hands off for half of that.

Tap

Anyone is this squad can be sold for 100M. None are worth that much

Oscar Bonavena

Why is Casemiro getting so much stick after being great last season? Because we played a crazy system for 2 games and it's somehow his fault?

And also no definitely and obviously not, because it would cost a lot more than £100m to sort out our first choice midfield being Mount and Mctominay.

This is just another bizarre thread to sh*t on our best players for no real reason.
Realistically, with his age profile, how many more seasons at the top level does Casemiro have left in him? One, maybe two, maximum? So we're going to need to replace him sooner or later. From a business point of view, it would be madness to turn down £100 million for him!

It's a moot point anyway because no one is going to offer that much for him, unless some Saudi club comes in with stupid money.

Red Rash

To prevent creating a new thread, which players would you build the team around? To be honest I'm pretty fed up with a lot of the squad and the only players I'd be disappointed to leave would be:

Martinez
Varane
Casemiro
Garnacho
Hannibal
Amad
Mainoo
Hojlund
Amrabat

Maybe a few contentious ones with Varane and Casemiro being a heart over head decision. The young guys also similar, a lot to prove but I think they deserve a chance. The rest I can't say id lose sleep over any of them leaving the team.

Kinky Melinky

To prevent creating a new thread, which players would you build the team around? To be honest I'm pretty fed up with a lot of the squad and the only players I'd be disappointed to leave would be:

Martinez
Varane
Casemiro

Garnacho
Hannibal
Amad
Mainoo
Hojlund
Amrabat

Maybe a few contentious ones with Varane and Casemiro being a heart over head decision. The young guys also similar, a lot to prove but I think they deserve a chance. The rest I can't say id lose sleep over any of them leaving the team.
Varane has passed it. Not taking anything away from his legacy but his legs are gone. I agree with Scholesey's take on him post match assessment. Casemiro is also questionable at this point in time.

Red Rash

Varane has passed it. Not taking anything away from his legacy but his legs are gone. I agree with Scholesey's take on him post match assessment. Casemiro is also questionable at this point in time.
Yea like I say it's more a heart over head decision. Varane and Casemiro and still class on their day but we need to provide the support around them.

IrishMcD

Amazing the amount of people who said they wouldn’t sell Bruno. Replace him with Wirtz and you have a much better team player.
Very few players I would LIKE to see at the club, never mind not wanting to sell for €100m. I’d chase some of them out for free

Gandalf

The only upside with Casemiro and Varane is that they have the legacy and star appeal that we ought to get solid bids from the Saudi League next summer and hopefully they will take them. We have a lot of other deadwood that is going to be hard to shift again.

Josep Dowling

Both should be managed better. Casemiro in particular should not playing twice a week yet our manager does it. It shows more and more we needed two midfielders in the summer but the manager wanted Mount.

Son

Both should be managed better. Casemiro in particular should not playing twice a week yet our manager does it. It shows more and more we needed two midfielders in the summer but the manager wanted Mount.
Until Mainoo gets back we have 0 replacements as Amrabat is covering for the three injured players at LB. It’s a shambles the squad is so thin.

Nothing much we can do as McTomminay is almost incapable of playing that role sadly.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The only upside with Casemiro and Varane is that they have the legacy and star appeal that we ought to get solid bids from the Saudi League next summer and hopefully they will take them. We have a lot of other deadwood that is going to be hard to shift again.
I'd struggle to think of a better United player this season than Casemiro.

And I'm not saying he's played well but at least he has the quality and experience to be effective.

Most teams/managers wouldn't respond to him getting older by giving him more ground to cover than before.

RedStarUnited

Amazing the amount of people who said they wouldn’t sell Bruno. Replace him with Wirtz and you have a much better team player.
Very few players I would LIKE to see at the club, never mind not wanting to sell for €100m. I’d chase some of them out for free
Because Bruno is loved here. Lets start with the fact that no team with any sense would pay 100m for Bruno, so if one was stupid enough, we would be even more stupid not to accept it.

RedStarUnited

Because Bruno is loved here. Lets start with the fact that no team with any sense would pay 100m for Bruno, so if one was stupid enough, we would be even more stupid not to accept it.
Came back to par myself on the back.

I wonder if all those people that said they wouldn’t sell Rashford or Bruno have changed their minds now we 3/4 into the season.

AshRK

I wonder if all those people that said they wouldn’t sell Rashford or Bruno have changed their minds now we 3/4 into the season.
Bruno and rashford are a problem but there are bigger problems for us than those two. Our cbs are average or past their prime and need replacing. We need to find a replacement for Casemiro. We cannot go in another with shaw as our primary lb. We need another cf to assist hojlund.

peridigm

Probably not. Neither would fetch 100m anyway.

Jericholyte2

Mainoo, Garnacho, Holjund and a fully fit Martinez.

I wouldn’t shed a tear if anyone else in the squad was sold.