Television Any Prison Break fans?

izec

It was good when it first came out and they all had it planned. I thought season 1 and 2 were good, the rest not. Now though it doesnt make sense, complete boring. Was a huge fan back then

SirAF

Ageist
Wentworth Miller has confirmed on Instagram that there will be no season 6. Prison Break is done.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Prison Break and Lost at the top of the "General" tab of redcafe. Seems I've gone back in time.

AaronRedDevil

Mad timing this is. Introduced to show to my mam and she bloody loves it. Finished it last week. Still have yet to see season 5 myself.

SirAF

Ageist
Right decision to stop it, though I wouldn't be surprised if another one was made anyway with different characters.
Mad timing this is. Introduced to show to my mam and she bloody loves it. Finished it last week. Still have yet to see season 5 myself.
I thought season 5 was brilliant - which often is not the case when a show adds a later season. I think they could probably have squeezed out a decent sixth season but fair enough I guess.

I can't see them making a season with brand new characters though - Prison Break is basically made by its characters and not its story imo. That said, I'd love to see a limited spin-off series with Robert Knepper as T-Bag!

SparkedIntoLife

Count me in as another series 5 fan :wenger: It's silly but fun and the characters are what really make the show. T-Bag, Mahone, Kellerman, Bellick, Gretchen, C-Note - some great redemption arcs there.

lsd

The Oracle
Mahone was my favourite character though Fichtner tends to steal the show anything he is in.

The show was always fun to watch, over the top and daft at times but so what? It was always good viewing.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The concept of actors getting hung up on the sexuality of the characters they play is ridiculous.

You’re pretending to be someone else. If you as a gay man can act in a believable manner that sees millions of people invest in your love and attraction to a woman... that kind of makes your performance better.

Obviously I’m not speaking to the possible lack of queer roles in tv.

But Brokeback Mountain was a great movie. Inserting (heh) two gay men into those roles isn’t an automatic applause break.

Fair go for actors to make a personal choice. But attempting to shape the Prison Break decision around that point... odd. He didn’t object to straight men taking male ‘wives’ in Prison forming part of the script.

I’m not all that bothered. Season 1 was brilliant tv. He’s just an odd fellow.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
His reasoning is a bit odd but him hearing "you're a free man Michael Scofield" at the end of the last season was a good full stop to it.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
His reasoning is a bit odd but him hearing "you're a free man Michael Scofield" at the end of the last season was a good full stop to it.
Nah. Should have shot a special that opened with him answering “But can I go in to any Delicatessen in the land and get a wedding cake made made for me and my boy? If not, I’m willing to be sent to jail yet again, for ensuring my right to”

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder what the story for season six would have actually been?

On another note I still wince when I think of them being locked in solitary in Yemen for four years, living hell would be an understatement.

Sylar

Fair play to wentworth. His Choice, and hes not under contract or have any obligations left..

He should be used more as captain cold in the Arrowverse anyway.

lsd

The Oracle
Sounds like he was being criticised whether it was online or in his real life and he took it to heart.

His choice but a shame though to be honest I doubt there would be too many actors left to play straight roles if every gay actor did the same.

K Stand Knut

I don’t interpret this as no season 6.

The wording he uses say no Prison Break with him. Not categorically no more PB.

djdhrubs

I just saw this the once when it was on telly. Hugely enjoyable first season, 2nd season was silly but fun, then I stopped watching though T-bag was always a laugh.

SirAF

Ageist

The wording he uses say no Prison Break with him. Not categorically no more PB.
He replies to a fan that season 6 «is not happening» though. A shame as Purcell was talking it up just a little while ago.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Just finished the series after binging it for about 3 weeks and I thought it was brilliant.

Season 1,4,3 (in that order) were my favorite. Season 5 felt way too rushed but I loved how it ended with the revealing that Martin was T-Bags son and then Tbag killing the agent and Jacob in the end.

IMO if they ended the series with Michael dying like in season 4 it would of been perfect. Season 5 was pointless.

T-Bag, and mahone were by far my favorite characters. T-Bag was very smart and sneaky, him Michael and mahone were by far the smartest characters. Mahone was a badass and almost as smart as Michael.

All in all along with SOA probably my two favorite series I have seen.

lsd

The Oracle
Just finished the series after binging it for about 3 weeks and I thought it was brilliant.

Season 1,4,3 (in that order) were my favorite. Season 5 felt way too rushed but I loved how it ended with the revealing that Martin was T-Bags son and then Tbag killing the agent and Jacob in the end.

IMO if they ended the series with Michael dying like in season 4 it would of been perfect. Season 5 was pointless.

T-Bag, and mahone were by far my favorite characters. T-Bag was very smart and sneaky, him Michael and mahone were by far the smartest characters. Mahone was a badass and almost as smart as Michael.

All in all along with SOA probably my two favorite series I have seen.

I agree with Mahone and T-Bag though surely you would rate season 2 highly as it was where Mahone came in.

Kellerman was a fantastic character as well. One of the best things about the show is the cast of supporting characters and how much you came to care for them.

It got way to farfetched but the cast kept you watching.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I stopped watching when
Michael died
. Are there episodes after that and are they worth watching?

lsd

The Oracle
I stopped watching when
Michael died
. Are there episodes after that and are they worth watching?

The 5th season came after that and yeah it was ok as ridiculous as ever obviously but just good to see them one more time

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
1 was my favourite as it was so fecking tense. Great TV.

2 was brilliant due to Mahone being introduced. Such a good adversary to Michael.

3 was ok but not great. Highlights were Mahone spending half a season looking for a marker, Lincoln trying to use his brain and Gretchen :drool:

4 started well, I really wanted to see Mahone and Michael working together. But once they kept looking for those scilla cards, it became tedious. Like a video game mission.

5 was needless but it had an ok ending. Let's hope it stays finished.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I agree with Mahone and T-Bag though surely you would rate season 2 highly as it was where Mahone came in.

Kellerman was a fantastic character as well. One of the best things about the show is the cast of supporting characters and how much you came to care for them.

It got way to farfetched but the cast kept you watching.
I enjoyed season 2 as well, I just really liked everything that went on in season 4 and I found sona and season 3 very interesting.

Mahone and Michaels rivalry was my favorite in the season as they are both insanely smart!

Sylar

4 I think was ridiculous
It felt like two seasons worth of storylines packed in one with too many OTT bits.
I thought the mini movie after 4 was a great finish to it

Although I had fun with 5

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I enjoyed season 2 as well, I just really liked everything that went on in season 4 and I found sona and season 3 very interesting.

Mahone and Michaels rivalry was my favorite in the season as they are both insanely smart!
Season 3 was the one I didn't like, so much so I binged it in a day just to get it out of the way. The series was shortened due to the Writer's Guild strike and things progressed too quickly as a result.

Apart from that it was my all time favourite box set, wish I could wipe that part of my memory just to be able to watch it again (can't watch things I've already seen).

MDFC Manager

I used to think exactly the same, but it's not held up well to the test of time imo. It's good but it's not up amongst the best even as a stand alone season.
Having recently rewatched season 1, i agree with this. It was good at the time, but feels pretty mediocre/above average right now.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I lost interest a few episodes into season 1 and never returned.
How could anyone lose interest in season 1?! That was one of the most engaging seasons of any show ever

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How could anyone lose interest in season 1?! That was one of the most engaging seasons of any show ever
Never grabbed us and we never went back to it. We didn't hate it and stop - just didn't care either way much.