Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought that was fairly obvious and everyone's take on that, I never even envisaged for a second it could suggest he's thinking about commiting suicide. By that I mean I've never heard that theory before and when I've spoken to my friends about that ending, that has never been suggested. But it's interesting, it's just that I hadn't envisaged it at all!

Brophs

The One and Only
Can't believe how good Love/Hate is.

Irish gangster drama based in Dublin, I'm sure all the Irish have seen it. I wasn't expecting it to be that great despite the praise but it's brilliant. Definitely recommend it. You can obtain it from TPB.
I've watched two episodes, admittedly random episodes where I didn't know what was going on, and I thought it was shite. I'll give it a proper go from the start and see what it's like.

wr8_utd

:'(
I thought that was fairly obvious and everyone's take on that, I never even envisaged for a second it could suggest he's thinking about commiting suicide. By that I mean I've never heard that theory before and when I've spoken to my friends about that ending, that has never been suggested. But it's interesting, it's just that I hadn't envisaged it at all!
Well when he takes the gun out the suicide thought did run through my mind for a little while but then I dismissed it.

Cina

I've watched two episodes, admittedly random episodes where I didn't know what was going on, and I thought it was shite. I'll give it a proper go from the start and see what it's like.
It's a very good show.

Besides, if you watched two random episodes of The Wire (not comparing them here) you'd be left totally clueless and wondering what the hell it's about too.

The first season is quite poor though, it only really gets good in the second season.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I know the gun scene makes it look like he intended to commit suicide but I just can't see Mackey killing himself. It's just not like him. I'd like to think he was out hunting down criminals etc in his free time after work.
Would prefer it to pan out like that, too. :D

It's definitely open to interpretation and I'll have to watch it again some time to see what feel I get from it the second time round. That was the impression that really smacked me in the face though given the situation and emotions at the end of the episode. Another thing is that it would've just seemed too cliche a thing in light of the radically different mood that was present in that final episode in my opinion. I did read a few things the other day (quotes from the writers regarding the ending, a film etc) I think that indicate my take on the ending is not correct, but at the same time I do think it would've been consistent with the entirely different atmosphere the writers had introduced by the end. I think part of what made the ending so powerful was that, unlike the rest of the series, the situation felt hopeless and seemingly insurmountable. Because of that, I feel it would detract from the strength and power of the ending somewhat if the following scenes were to consist of your typically Mackey-ish bounceback/masterplan.'

Just my take on things even if, as I say, it doesn't look to be the correct interpretation.

kps88

Shield ending spoiler -

Chiklis has spoken about how he would love to do a Shield movie and how Ryan has a great idea for it, so it's safe to assume the suicide interpretation was not one they intended.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Can't believe how good Love/Hate is.

Irish gangster drama based in Dublin, I'm sure all the Irish have seen it. I wasn't expecting it to be that great despite the praise but it's brilliant. Definitely recommend it. You can obtain it from TPB.
I've got the first two series. Might not get the third. :(

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Caught up to season 3 now and finished the final episode today. It really is an excellent show, takes 3 or 4 episodes to fully acclimatise yourself with the olden theme etc but the acting in every episode is exceptional.

Sally Cinnamon

Try the first series and if you think it's shite then there's probably no point continuing. I enjoyed it and then became hooked after an episode or two of series two. It's quality.

I've got the first two series. Might not get the third. :(
Why not?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Try the first series and if you think it's shite then there's probably no point continuing. I enjoyed it and then became hooked after an episode or two of series two. It's quality.

Why not?

Don't like the way it ended.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I don't know what to watch yet. In the last year I've watched;

Entourage
Mad Men
Friday Night Lights
Breaking Bad
Revolution - ongoing

I have to pick another few shows to add to my bucket as once I start watching I'll go through 3-4 episodes a night.

My current bucketlist is;
The Sopranos
The Wire

Cina

What the feck? A bucketlist of the 2 greatest shows ever made?

feck you Irwin!

Irwinwastheking

I thought it was important that I watched the better shows first Cina, so Friday night lights got precedence over The Sopranos and The Wire.

Cina

Good idea.

In that case, go watch Flashforward and Revenge.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
What would you recommend on someone who has been watching :

Suits, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, The walking dead

The only 4 TV shows I've ever really watched but loved them all... probably Spartacus top for me, followed by Suits..

Irwinwastheking

I liked breaking bad, and if you're going to watch it it would be worth signing up to Netflix for that alone. You'll have one month to watch as many of them as you can totally free and you'd probably get to watch the remaining ones in one or two months so the whole thing would cost you a max 15-16 quid.

Irwinwastheking

Just finished Friday Night Lights, I want more
I felt the same even though the last series wasn't as good. Once the original team all moved on it was hard to take as much from it. I'd like it now if they were to maybe to a sequel at a college team with the coach and one or two of the original players surrounded by a new cast in a new town.

vanthaman

Winner
I felt the same even though the last series wasn't as good. Once the original team all moved on it was hard to take as much from it. I'd like it now if they were to maybe to a sequel at a college team with the coach and one or two of the original players surrounded by a new cast in a new town.
Yea the last season and a half was no where near as great as first 3 1/2 seasons

A season at a college team would be quality

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
what was the ending again. It's been ages since I watched it.
Matt got engaged to Julie, Tim started building a house on his property, Eric gave in to Tammi, they moved to Philadelphia, Buddy went back to the Panthers and it ended with Coach Taylor doing the "clear eyes, full hearts" thing with his new team

Irwinwastheking

Matt got engaged to Julie, Tim started building a house on his property, Eric gave in to Tammi, they moved to Philadelphia, Buddy went back to the Panthers and it ended with Coach Taylor doing the "clear eyes, full hearts" thing with his new team
Got it.

MY God but there was some fine skirt in that show and I still love that southern drawl on a woman. I picture them all to look like Tammy. :drool:

vanthaman

Winner
what was the ending again. It's been ages since I watched it.
with 3 seconds of state left, the ball was in air, they then cut to vince and buddy jr playing for panthers with championship rings on, then billy coaching panthers and buddy on a gold cart and nailing the motto into the changing rooms, the lions stadium being dismantled, luke joining the army, jess coaching in Dallas, tami working at the college, Tim and billy building tims house on the hill, then coach Taylor was coaching a school team and said "full hearts" or whatever, and they gave him a blank look and he said " we'll work on that"

Irwinwastheking

She was sexier than any of the young ladies in the show and they were aplenty.

Maybe I am getting old Y'all. :(

roseguy64

Started watching The League. Finished up The It Crowd and Netflix suggested it and saw it suggested somewhere else so started. Into season 3 now. Quality.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

The only 4 TV shows I've ever really watched but loved them all... probably Spartacus top for me, followed by Suits..
Breaking Bad shits on them all from a great height.

wr8_utd

:'(
Terriers was fantastic. Unbelievable really that it got cancelled.

Irwinwastheking

Watched the first 5 episodes of the Sopranos last night. Just couldn't stop once I started. How have I never watched this before?? I love that I can now watch the next 6 series at my leisure over the next month. Lucky me.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

If you really loved Suits and Spartacus, I would imagine you'll enjoy Arrow, Terra Nova, 2 Broke Girls, Whitney or the recent remake of Charlies Angels.