Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Non-English Recommendations

Important to watch in subtitles and not dubbed otherwise it might ruin the experience.

Romanzo Criminale
(ita)

If you liked Gomorrah you’ll like Romanzo.

Valkyrien (nor)

Very creative Norwegian Noir about a doctor and his dying wife.

Six Flying Dragons (kor)

If you like intrigue plots in historical settings and some martial arts on the side this is for you.

Engrenages/Spiral (fra)

Awesome French police/legal drama with great character progression.

La Casa de Papel/Money Heist (spa)

Very fast paced and addictive heist plot with a great premise.

The Disguiser (chi)

1920s era Chinese espionage drama with multiple angles. Great story.

Dark (ger)

Interesting German urban sci-fi.

Stranger (kor)

Great crime drama with two great leads.

Love Engrenages and La Casa de Papel and of course the brilliant Gomorra.

Have you watched Suburra yet? I'm half way through, its excellent with a Gomorra vibe but set in Rome.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Love Engrenages and La Casa de Papel and of course the brilliant Gomorra.

Have you watched Suburra yet? I'm half way through, its excellent with a Gomorra vibe but set in Rome.
I haven't yet but if you say its quality I'll definitely check it out after the current show I'm watching.
I'm watching El Marginal from Argentina atm and I am enjoying it.

Habs

Came across the BBC's Line of duty on Netflix, binged all 4 seasons in a week, pretty good show.

Dan

Just started watching the Dr. Dre documentary The Defiant Ones on Netflix. Been wanting to see this for ages.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just started watching The Looming Tower. It's based on a book by the same name and it's all about the lead up to 9/11. Basically tells the story of the infighting, squabbling and lack of communication between the CIA and the FBI when it came to sharing intel on the terrorists responsible. It stars Jeff Daniels and Peter Sarsgaard and it's been really good so far.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's the only show in which a detective can be thrown off a skyscraper, arrest someone in mid-air, and land in outer space.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Any 80s/90s recommendations? I'm thinking of watching Miami Vice but I'm not convinced yet...

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Homeland is knocking it out of the park in series 7. Got a tip from a friend and went back for a look, definitely recommended, scarily on the button stuff. Anybody watching A Handmaid's Tale? Good?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I'm doing a re watch of "Married with Children"... Man, what a tv show.

Can't remember having a laugh out loud alone in a long time, but this show cracks me up every night. Its just so fecking good.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Can't remember having a laugh out loud alone in a long time, but this show cracks me up every night. Its just so fecking good.
My favourite is the 'Dr Shoe' episode.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just started watching the Dr. Dre documentary The Defiant Ones on Netflix. Been wanting to see this for ages.
Watched the first episode of this yesterday, really enjoyed it and I've heard so many good reviews already. Can't wait to power through it.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Everything Sucks cancelled. Feck off Netflix!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Legendary show. Up there with the greatest of its time.

Whiteside1985

I'm a good few years late to Luther, but just watched it all in a couple of days. I don't normally binge, but just couldn't stop watching it. It's totally OTT and far-fetched a great deal of the time, and the criminals they're chasing are total caricatures, but it's still a great watch. Loved the story with the twins, as silly as it was. It's all very well acted for something so unbelievable.

Alice :drool:

Ripley! :(:(
Aliiiiiiiiiiice.......what av you done?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
King of the Hill.

I've mentioned it to so many English people and none of them have even heard of it. Its just shameful. I don't want to live with people who don't know of this gloriousness.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Just started watching The Americans on Prime. It's excellent.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Detectorists.

I don't know how I missed this when it was on but it's one of the best sitcoms I've seen, written and directed by Mackenzie Cook (Gareth from The Office) about metal 'detectorists' in northern Essex. It's beautifully written, filmed and acted.

It's very quiet, though, so shouldn't be oversold - wistful yet hopeful, it should be given a chance and settled into. But it's genuinely one of the most satisfying series (of any sort) I've ever watched.

I was left with the feeling 'well... that's alright then.'

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Non-English Recommendations

Important to watch in subtitles and not dubbed otherwise it might ruin the experience.

Romanzo Criminale
(ita)

If you liked Gomorrah you’ll like Romanzo.

Valkyrien (nor)

Very creative Norwegian Noir about a doctor and his dying wife.

Six Flying Dragons (kor)

If you like intrigue plots in historical settings and some martial arts on the side this is for you.

Engrenages/Spiral (fra)

Awesome French police/legal drama with great character progression.

La Casa de Papel/Money Heist (spa)

Very fast paced and addictive heist plot with a great premise.

The Disguiser (chi)

1920s era Chinese espionage drama with multiple angles. Great story.

Dark (ger)

Interesting German urban sci-fi.

Stranger (kor)

Great crime drama with two great leads.
Engrenages is excellent, even though I don't generally watch that sort of series. I must keep an eye out for the others.

Ivor Ballokov

Quite enjoyed the first three episodes of Bill Hader's new show Barry, about a assassin who gets the acting bug, has bonus Henry Winkler too.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I watched the first episode of the current and final season last week. Its been a great ride. You'll enjoy it!
Yeah, I'm towards the end of the first season and it's been utterly compelling from start to finish. So it maintains this standard the whole way through then? If so, I'll be bracketing it with the likes of Mad Men and Deadwood in terms of quality. Everything about it is of a really high standard.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yeah, I'm towards the end of the first season and it's been utterly compelling from start to finish. So it maintains this standard the whole way through then? If so, I'll be bracketing it with the likes of Mad Men and Deadwood in terms of quality. Everything about it is of a really high standard.
It certainly does!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town