Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Detectorists.

I don't know how I missed this when it was on but it's one of the best sitcoms I've seen, written and directed by Mackenzie Cook (Gareth from The Office) about metal 'detectorists' in northern Essex. It's beautifully written, filmed and acted.

It's very quiet, though, so shouldn't be oversold - wistful yet hopeful, it should be given a chance and settled into. But it's genuinely one of the most satisfying series (of any sort) I've ever watched.

I was left with the feeling 'well... that's alright then.'
It's great, and I don't know why. Nothing really happens, but everything about it is just so charming.

Finding out it was based in Essex was a bit odd though, as they've made everyone sound like they're from Somerset.

pauldyson1uk

New show out (two eps) called McMafia

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6271042/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"Alex Godman, the English-raised son of Russian mafia exiles, has spent his life trying to escape the shadow of their past, building his own legitimate business and forging a life with his girlfriend Rebecca. But when a murder forces his family's past to return to threaten them, Alex is drawn into the criminal underworld and must confront his values to protect those he loves."

Might be worth a watch.
Just started this, thought the first ep was a bit weak to be honest.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Homeland is knocking it out of the park in series 7. Got a tip from a friend and went back for a look, definitely recommended, scarily on the button stuff. Anybody watching A Handmaid's Tale? Good?
Handmaids Tale is very good, well worth a watch.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm on the second series of Mad Men. It's very well crafted, looks amazing...but I'm not sat here thinking 'I can't wait to watch the next episode'. That said when I do watch it, I end up watching three episodes. I don't get why. Suppose deep down I don't care about capitalist cnuts who worked in Manhattan in the 60s. That said, it's fantastically nuanced...I proper look into the 60s - A time when women knew their place!

It's all very Ayn Rand.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I'm on the second series of Mad Men. It's very well crafted, looks amazing...but I'm not sat here thinking 'I can't wait to watch the next episode'. That said when I do watch it, I end up watching three episodes. I don't get why. Suppose deep down I don't care about capitalist cnuts who worked in Manhattan in the 60s. That said, it's fantastically nuanced...I proper look into the 60s - A time when women knew their place!

It's all very Ayn Rand.
Stick with it, it spreads it's wings more as it goes along, season 5 being the peak.

JoaquinJoaquin

It's all very Ayn Rand.
I watched the first 2 seasons and found it boring. Kept waiting for 'that moment' for it to kick in, but it never did.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Dark? New Netflix series, their first in German. Starting watching primarily to find something to recommend to my German students in school but I'm enjoying it. Echos of Stranger Things but based on the idea that time is not as linear and straightforward as we think. Small village, kids go missing etc.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I watched the first episode of The Terror. I quite enjoyed it.
Tried so hard to love this due to the great reviews and due to the fact that I love a good horror and creature story, but I just couldn't get into it.

Art Vandelay

Tried so hard to love this due to the great reviews and due to the fact that I love a good horror and creature story, but I just couldn't get into it.
Shame, the first two episodes that I've seen are pretty good. Although I suspect the monster/horror elements will turn out to be disappointing.