Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
"Live" on Netflix was surprisingly very good. It's a Korean cop show that delves into the police officers and culture instead of crime based mysteries like most cop shows. Even as a PO based in the US, i could relate to the issues and police culture and situations in the Korean based show

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
"Live" on Netflix was surprisingly very good. It's a Korean cop show that delves into the police officers and culture instead of crime based mysteries like most cop shows. Even as a PO based in the US, i could relate to the issues and police culture and situations in the Korean based show
Have you seen Stranger with Doona Bae? It was also on Netflix (not sure if it still is) ?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
watched 7 eps last night, find it a bit slow to be honest, but enjoying it, I would give it 7.5/10
Watched the first episode due to the rating on here and IMDB and my word it was soo boring and depressing.

Not sure i got the stomach to watch another episode.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
‘The Americans’ - perhaps the best drama currently on US cable. Its series finale is Wednesday after a stellar six year run.

I watched it consistently for the past six years, but it would be a hell of a show to binge.

pauldyson1uk

Watched the first episode due to the rating on here and IMDB and my word it was soo boring and depressing.

Not sure i got the stomach to watch another episode.
I thought the same, not going to lie it is a bleak series, but the story is excellent and some of the acting is top notch, if you can stick with it, but I know where your coming from.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Legion, which is the most visually incredible series there's ever been. That also doesn't get enough love on the cafe.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
‘The Americans’ - perhaps the best drama currently on US cable. Its series finale is Wednesday after a stellar six year run.

I watched it consistently for the past six years, but it would be a hell of a show to binge.
I've watched it and there is lots to like about it but I've not been totally sold for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Still enjoying it but a few things bug me.

The daughters conversion to the cause isn't very believable. Why wouldn't they get the Russians to bale out the travel agency to keep their cover? And why has Stan suddenly become suspicious when nothing has changed? And a few other things

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I thought the same, not going to lie it is a bleak series, but the story is excellent and some of the acting is top notch, if you can stick with it, but I know where your coming from.
Will try to stick with it, will have to be on a cold rainy day when i am bored shitless lol.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm kind of sad Designated survivor was cancelled.

Sure, the show is objectively, cringeworthily bad, but I enjoyed it all the same.

parkthebuslads

I've watched it and there is lots to like about it but I've not been totally sold for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Still enjoying it but a few things bug me.

The daughters conversion to the cause isn't very believable. Why wouldn't they get the Russians to bale out the travel agency to keep their cover? And why has Stan suddenly become suspicious when nothing has changed? And a few other things
I think the daughter storyline isn't helped by having such a poor actress. I like the Americans but think it's very over rated. It can be pretty dull and repetitive a lot of the time.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Safe on Netflix. Michael C Hall. Murder mystery drama set in a gated community somewhere in the sarf. If you can get past MCH's strained accent it's pretty decent.

Norris

Just started watching The Newsroom. It has been brilliant so far, great acting (Emily Mortimer :drool:), crisp dialogues, it's really been very gripping.

Sanche7

Watching Workaholics, almost done with season 3.
Not laugh out loud funny but the three lead characters are very likeable.
Some episodes are very good but it's mostly a casual watch.
Also massive respect for the guys as they started from a YouTube series

Loublaze

ATLien
Safe on Netflix. Michael C Hall. Murder mystery drama set in a gated community somewhere in the sarf. If you can get past MCH's strained accent it's pretty decent.
Is it that bad? I know a few Brits on fb who were talking about watching the show and when i asked them what they thought about his accent they didn't even know he was actually American (never watched Dexter or anything else he did).

Tarrou

Barry is really good. Even if it wasn't I'd still be glad I watched the entire season just for..

Leeeeeroooy Jenkins :lol:

Loublaze

ATLien
AMC's 'the Terror' was really good. Some critics are calling it a near masterpiece. I enjoyed the Alienist more but both are good period thriller/horrors.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Barry is really good. Even if it wasn't I'd still be glad I watched the entire season just for..

Leeeeeroooy Jenkins :lol:
:lol: properly classic moment.

Really liked Barry too. Surprise of the year so far for me. Hader was surprisingly great given I've only seen him do silly slapstick before

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think the daughter storyline isn't helped by having such a poor actress. I like the Americans but think it's very over rated. It can be pretty dull and repetitive a lot of the time.
I get your point on Paige and the actor portraying her and agree.

My enjoyment for the show stems out of it being far more understated and more character driven. I had enjoyed the development of the characters and the time it has taken to do so. The series has become a bit stale in the recent seasons, the same issue many dramas have. The show doesn’t try to depend on banal humor or trite action, isn’t geared to the low brow consumer, which is refreshing.

Sad to have just watched the last episode. I certainly have a television hole to fill, even more so this time next year when ‘Homeland’ is completed.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Totally get from where you are coming, the series has become a bit stale in the past two seasons à la ‘Homeland.’ Just finished the last episode, wasn’t sure where it was going to end, liked that it left a few major plot lines unfinished with some tension still palatable.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Totally get from where you are coming, the series has become a bit stale in the past two seasons à la ‘Homeland.’ Just finished the last episode, wasn’t sure where it was going to end, liked that it left a few major plot lines unfinished with some tension still palatable.
Just watched the last 2 episodes. A decent way to end the series.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I get your point on Paige and the actor portraying her and agree.

My enjoyment for the show stems out of it being far more understated and more character driven. I had enjoyed the development of the characters and the time it has taken to do so. The series has become a bit stale in the recent seasons, the same issue many dramas have. The show doesn’t try to depend on banal humor or trite action, isn’t geared to the low brow consumer, which is refreshing.

Sad to have just watched the last episode. I certainly have a television hole to fill, even more so this time next year when ‘Homeland’ is completed.
Sad too that its over, it was a great show and the finale was handled brilliantly. I was a teenager in the 80's and this show really did a fantastic job of recreating the atmosphere of the era it portrayed.