Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Just watched The Handmaiden on amazon prime, a Korean film by Park Chanwook the director of the old boy films. Very very good. Lots of lesbian sex though.

Andersons Dietician

Watching The Umbrella Academy that was launched on Netflix today, it’s really good but it seems like a rip off of the X-men and the main storyline apart from one little twist is very similar to a very famous x-men storyline.
Dark Phoenix

That aside great watch, Ellen Page, “dick on Tarley” or at least the dude that played him and that dude from misfits who was funny.

Edit: update as I’ve finished it now but holy crap it’s good, pisses all over the Marvel Netflix adaptions, the finale, I need season 2 already.

Last edited:

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Watching The Umbrella Academy that was launched on Netflix today, it’s really good but it seems like a rip off of the X-men and the main storyline apart from one little twist is very similar to a very famous x-men storyline.
Dark Phoenix

That aside great watch, Ellen Page, “dick on Tarley” or at least the dude that played him and that dude from misfits who was funny.

Edit: update as I’ve finished it now but holy crap it’s good, pisses all over the Marvel Netflix adaptions, the finale, I need season 2 already.
I'm on episode 6 right now. It's got me gripped. I'll binge watch the rest today.

kps88

Yeah just finished Umbrella Academy. Few minor issues but was very entertained. Enjoyable soundtrack and the actor playing number 5 was excellent.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah just finished Umbrella Academy. Few minor issues but was very entertained. Enjoyable soundtrack and the actor playing number 5 was excellent.
I'm seven episodes in and really enjoying it. Five is the standout for me but Robert Sheehan (who basically plays the same character as in Misfits) is also good.

I agree there's a bit of a slump in the middle but it's still great fun, probably would've been better as an 8 episode series.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Sceptical about this Umbrella Academy show, it looks well campy.

So what is it? More Gotham or Supergirl?

Andersons Dietician

Sceptical about this Umbrella Academy show, it looks well campy.

So what is it? More Gotham or Supergirl?
It’s more Gotham but slightly darker and quirkier, I made the same analogy as massive spanner on another thread. Marvel done by Wes Anderson, it’s weird, humerous and dark and generally just very good.

Loved the dancing scene with the dollhouse effect.

lsd

The Oracle
Sooner they quit with superhero shows and go back to actual proper adult tv the better .

If netflix made the Wire or the sopranos now they would be superheroes involved

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Season two of the excellent Italian crime/mafia drama Suburra is out today. Can't wait to watch, available in the usual places :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Started watching season 2 of The Sinner and it’s pretty good.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm watching "You" on Netflix... Quite a lot of potential for it to be decent , but it is just too irritatingly stupid unfortunately

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Kingdom is good fun :lol:

Quite an interesting setting for the genre. Medieval Japan and zombies!

Verbalkint

I finished both seasons of Money Heist in 2 weeks. Superb entertainment backed up an awesome cast. I had so much fun..practically binged it.

Ladies, watch out for Berlin :D

SwansonsTache

Deadly Class seems cool.

"Set in a dark, comic book world against the backdrop of late '80s counterculture, Deadly Class follows a homeless teen recruited into a storied elite private school where the world's top crime families send their next generations. Maintaining his moral code while surviving a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques and his own adolescent uncertainties soon proves to be vital."

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Kingdom is good fun :lol:

Quite an interesting setting for the genre. Medieval Japan and zombies!
I thought Kingdom was crap. It was billed as a Korean GoT/The Walking Dead hybrid, but I wasn’t into it.

It is well reviewed, so maybe it’s just me...

SwansonsTache

Three episodes in on Wayne and it is fecking brilliant. YouTube is killing it with this and the Karate Kid series.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I thought Kingdom was crap. It was billed as a Korean GoT/The Walking Dead hybrid, but I wasn’t into it.

It is well reviewed, so maybe it’s just me...
Well I just really like Horrors and the Zombie genre to be honest, so swords + zombies is a good mix! But the action/set pieces are the main strengths.

Reiver

Watched first episode of GLOW last night. Too early to comment on overall quality but Alison Brie got her chebs out early doors so that's me in for the long haul.

SwansonsTache

Three episodes in on Wayne and it is fecking brilliant. YouTube is killing it with this and the Karate Kid series.
You people best get on this. Aside from all the violence it is funny as feck with Dean Winters killing it as a white trash father leading the pursuit of his daughter together with his two thick Jersey Shore sons. But violence and humor though abundant takes a backseat to what develops into a fecking brilliant coming of age story, with chemistry between the two leads that is unreal. HBO and Netflix can feck off, YouTube be keepin' it real without the need for wankers dressed in latex costumes to build a story.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How is the intrigue and strategy aspects?
Decent.

The only problem I had with the show was the dialogue was a bit wonky. By wonky I mean they would say "don't worry Dave, nothing ever happens in this sleep valley, we're totally safe, hah!". It's the type of dialogue you'd expect from a B movie, same for the Villain of the show, who is extremely bland. If you can get past the dialogue and focus instead on whats actually being shown on screen then it's actually really enjoyable.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
How is the intrigue and strategy aspects?
Run of the mill. nothing really stands out, but the way they mixed the royal drama with zombies was nice and new. Also despite some pacing issues, like the fact that the "hero" is a good natured guy who's pretty much incompetent in everything he does. They maintain the suspense all through and I hope S2 comes out soon.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Decent.

The only problem I had with the show was the dialogue was a bit wonky. By wonky I mean they would say "don't worry Dave, nothing ever happens in this sleep valley, we're totally safe, hah!". It's the type of dialogue you'd expect from a B movie, same for the Villain of the show, who is extremely bland. If you can get past the dialogue and focus instead on whats actually being shown on screen then it's actually really enjoyable.
Run of the mill. nothing really stands out, but the way they mixed the royal drama with zombies was nice and new. Also despite some pacing issues, like the fact that the "hero" is a good natured guy who's pretty much incompetent in everything he does. They maintain the suspense all through and I hope S2 comes out soon.
Not the highest recommendations to be honest :lol: but it does seem fun enough to check out if I get the chance this weekend