Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Anyone seen Tin Star?

Got recommended by someone in work, wanted a second opinion before I get stuck into it
It seems to be a show that you will either love or hate, I loved it, the setting/cast/acting were excellent and Tim Roth is Tim Roth. Worth giving it a try.

Keefy18

Season two of the excellent Italian crime/mafia drama Suburra is out today. Can't wait to watch, available in the usual places :drool:
An absolute cracking show!! Bit of a hidden gem, which is a bit odd to say as its on Netflix but have to say one of the best shows of the last year or 2 around. Literally

Anyone seen Tin Star?

Got recommended by someone in work, wanted a second opinion before I get stuck into it
I send that reply about it being shite. Started really good but the end is absolutely abysmal. Like so incredibly bad you just end up laughing.

Fosu-Mens

Extreme railways with Chris Tarrant and Grand Designs.
The overall quality of the many shows that HBO/Netflix +++ produce is so low. Escpecially Netflix has taken the quantity over quality approach to a new extreme..
Some shows you can see that is quality(objective parameters like the production, acting etc. not how it relates to your interests) within the first 5 minutes, most series needs 2-3 episodes to create an impression. And with the amount of new shows available for streaming it is simply not worth it to invest 2 hours for each new show to evaluate whether it is good or not.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
An absolute cracking show!! Bit of a hidden gem, which is a bit odd to say as its on Netflix but have to say one of the best shows of the last year or 2 around. Literally
Spadino is my favourite character, he is a natural for the part, like you said its a bit of a hidden gem.

Keefy18

Spadino is my favourite character, he is a natural for the part, like you said its a bit of a hidden gem.
Yeah my Fiancee and myself love him, even though he is absolutely creepy and weird.

I'm surprised it isn't getting a lot more attention as it really is a very well acted show and story is very good.

Norris

Probably been said already, but The Good Place is great for binge watching. Finished two seasons in exceptionally quick time and was generally enjoyable, though slightly repetitive overall.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I noticed that Gomorrah season 4 has begun but I can't find a copy with English subs, first 2 episodes have been aired???

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I was skeptical about a second season of Barry, but it's promising so far.

It helps that the acting instructor and fruity Chechnyan mobster are two of the best characters in TV right now.

Last edited:

Vadim

I need some tv. There’s so many shows that I find absolute shit that others love.

I hated Peaky Blinders. I hate Suits.

I just want to wipe Sopranos from my data banks and be able to watch it again without knowing what happens!

Sanche7

The new series What we do in the Shadows is pretty funny. It's based on the movie of the same name, just one episode out, has a good meta score, so it's worth checking out

There's lot to see now actually, the new season of Barry and Veep just started.
Also Killing Eve season two starts on April 7 and is getting pretty good reviews

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I need some tv. There’s so many shows that I find absolute shit that others love.

I hated Peaky Blinders. I hate Suits.

I just want to wipe Sopranos from my data banks and be able to watch it again without knowing what happens!
Gomorra? Barry?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Has this come out? I could only find until Season 2 on Netflix.
Netflix show it weekly just after it's aired in the US so that's how I watched it. They must take it down then after a certain amount of time. It will probably all be back on before S4 airs.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Ah really? That's promising, Im still season 1.
It gets better I felt. Season 2 is really really good.
The new series What we do in the Shadows is pretty funny. It's based on the movie of the same name, just one episode out, has a good meta score, so it's worth checking out

There's lot to see now actually, the new season of Barry and Veep just started.
Also Killing Eve season two starts on April 7 and is getting pretty good reviews
Had no idea Veep was on again, will have to catch up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Season 1 of Mr Robot was great, then it got progressively more and more batshit.

The episode where like 20 minutes was them driving in an old car and presented as if it was some 80s sitcom was just mind boggling.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just started Mr Robot, first ep is pretty decent.
I was the same, really enjoyed the first ever episode but it bored me senseless thereafter and I deleted the remaining episodes. Its something you'll either love or hate.

Vadim

All seasons of Mr Robot are superb, don’t listen to the haters.

It’s refreshing tv, we need more stuff like that around.

I’m struggling to find anything on Netflix I like these days. Too much unfunny comedy shows. I’m fed up with satirical stuff. I just can’t seem to Arrested Devlopment, I don’t like ‘wacky’ stuff and the characters are far too exaggerated for my liking.

Tried Community, hated it. Always Sunny I just get annoyed with the characters (yes I know we’re suposed to dislike them.)

Where is the cutting edge tv?

Norris

I just about finished Mr Robot Season 1. Felt it was way too over the top, no idea how the following seasons did though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Mr. Robot is great if you can suspend disbelief and embrace the madness that Esmail has created. The plot makes absolutely no sense (especially after season one) but the cinematography, performances and general lunacy of it makes for great TV.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I liked Sex Education. Gillian Anderson is brilliant.

also just started Homeland, which is quite good so far.