Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Spy - Netflix. Sacha Baron Cohen does a decent turn in a dramatic role. The filming is a bit odd; too stylized I suppose. And it’s weird too see the guy from The Americans play almost exactly the same role. But it was good amongst the wash Netflix is putting out these days.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The Spy - Netflix. Sacha Baron Cohen does a decent turn in a dramatic role. The filming is a bit odd; too stylized I suppose. And it’s weird too see the guy from The Americans play almost exactly the same role. But it was good amongst the wash Netflix is putting out these days.
Yep, this was brilliant. Cohen was amazing playing it straight.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That serie, Top Boy, is separated in 2? one called top boy with a season in 2019 and another one called top boy: summerhouse with 2 seasons?.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
That serie, Top Boy, is separated in 2? one called top boy with a season in 2019 and another one called top boy: summerhouse with 2 seasons?.
Yeah, Top Boy Summerhouse (1,2) is quite old bit totally brilliant, I can’t believe it’s slipped me by! Top Boy is brand new and carries on from season 2, and that is excellent too.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, Top Boy Summerhouse (1,2) is quite old bit totally brilliant, I can’t believe it’s slipped me by! Top Boy is brand new and carries on from season 2, and that is excellent too.
Thanks!, In that case I will start with Summerhouse

RedDevilRoshi

In two minds about whether to start watching Top Boy or Suits?

Any recommendations guys?

Both very highly rated on IMDB.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Has anyone seen The Righteous Gemstones?

Its got John Goodman and Danny McBride in it - looks quality
It hardly deals with anything new though — and the idea of the power-hungry pastors is so caricatured that it doesn't really criticise anything or anyone real. Take a look at the Silicon Valley, for example — there are many ridiculous plot-based coincidences and one-sided characters, but it still has a lot of overlaps with the reality, which makes it funny and relevant. Gemstones are just...

Andersons Dietician

In two minds about whether to start watching Top Boy or Suits?

Any recommendations guys?

Both very highly rated on IMDB.
I mean Suits is good somewhere in to about the 4th season. I think after that it’s pretty disappointing. Not watched Top Boy but heard people say it’s great.

Suits is an easy watch for the first few seasons.

RedDevilRoshi

I don’t know about Top Boy but Suits starts off great and turns to gash after a few seasons
I mean Suits is good somewhere in to about the 4th season. I think after that it’s pretty disappointing. Not watched Top Boy but heard people say it’s great.

Suits is an easy watch for the first few seasons.
Cheers guys! Really appreciate it :)

Looks like it is going to be Top Boy

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Thanks!, In that case I will start with Summerhouse
I would recommend watching seasons 1 & 2 before you begin season 3 simply because they are great. Summerhouse is the name of the Flats complex that the characters reside in. Its probably the grittiest drama I've ever watched, its so true to life that its almost surreal if that makes any sense.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
It hardly deals with anything new though — and the idea of the power-hungry pastors is so caricatured that it doesn't really criticise anything or anyone real. Take a look at the Silicon Valley, for example — there are many ridiculous plot-based coincidences and one-sided characters, but it still has a lot of overlaps with the reality, which makes it funny and relevant. Gemstones are just...
this is probably not the place for it, but this was an episode talking exactly about how the tv show (which i've not watched) is perfectly analogous to the family that runs liberty university and supports trump:
https://old.reddit.com/r/BlackWolfFeed/comments/d3dyva/349_the_righteous_falwells_91219/

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I would recommend watching seasons 1 & 2 before you begin season 3 simply because they are great. Summerhouse is the name of the Flats complex that the characters reside in. Its probably the grittiest drama I've ever watched, its so true to life that its almost surreal if that makes any sense.
Thanks fam :D . I started today with the first episode. I like the subject a lot, and I'm curious to see what happens to the boy
and looking forward to trying Jamaican chicken hehe, but I don't know if it will be too harsh for me.
Actually I try to avoid dramas or sad series and I have the feeling that this is going to get out of control in the following episodes.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished Top Boy Summerhouse and going to start the 3rd season soon. Terrific show and looking forward to watching the 3rd season later on.

Anyone watched Line of Duty or Stranger Things? Don’t know which one to start after Top Boy.

Any recommendations?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Finished Top Boy Summerhouse and going to start the 3rd season soon. Terrific show and looking forward to watching the 3rd season later on.

Anyone watched Line of Duty or Stranger Things? Don’t know which one to start after Top Boy.

Any recommendations?
Line of Duty is great

wr8_utd

:'(

Any recommendations?
Both are great but totally depends on the kind of show you want to watch. Line of Duty is the higher quality show imo and it's just 6 episodes a season.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I was wondering this as well. The previews looked about as crap a show as HBO has put out, but then I started hearing good things about it. Though I can’t imagine why because the premise looks so shit.
im almost done with the first season. its about a 7/10 show but it becomes bad like Billions when they have eric bogosian on screen

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
im almost done with the first season. its about a 7/10 show but it becomes bad like Billions when they have eric bogosian on screen
Billions still has a lot of good stuff going for it, but the douchebaggy vibe is for sure accentuated as the seasons go on.

Andersons Dietician

@RedDevilRoshi are you just powering your way through the Netflix back catalogue? As depending what you’re in the mood for Sex Education is really good. A-Typical, Big Mouth (Hilarious), Dark Tourist.

Andy_Cole

I wonder what the new Game of Thrones will be.

As in, everyone is watching and talking about it. I feel only Lost had that impact.

Right now there doesn’t seem to be anything amazingly good. Suppose Peaky Blinders, Top Boy and Stranger things are the best at the moment.

RedDevilRoshi

@RedDevilRoshi are you just powering your way through the Netflix back catalogue? As depending what you’re in the mood for Sex Education is really good. A-Typical, Big Mouth (Hilarious), Dark Tourist.
I’m presently watching Top Boy & Power.

Power is almost coming to an end and I’m midway through season 3 of Top Boy and I’ll have that finished soon too.

Just looking to know what other folk are presently watching and what recommendations they have.

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

I’m presently watching Top Boy & Power.

Power is almost coming to an end and I’m mid through season 3 of Top Boy and I’ll have that finished soon too.

Just looking to know what other folk are presently watching and what recommendations they have.
I thought Top Boy season 3 was great. Watched 4 episodes, went to sleep and woke up and watched the other 6 as soon as I got up. Thinking about watching Boardwalk Empire as it seems ok from what I've read.

RedDevilRoshi

I thought Top Boy season 3 was great. Watched 4 episodes, went to sleep and woke up and watched the other 6 as soon as I got up. Thinking about watching Boardwalk Empire as it seems ok from what I've read.
Yep, Top Boy is absolutely excellent. I’ve only got something like 2-3 episodes left to go. Will probably watch an episode after The Apprentice tonight.

Going to start watching either Line Of Duty or Stranger Things after.

Eric's Seagull

Yep, Top Boy is absolutely excellent. I’ve only got something like 2-3 episodes left to go. Will probably watch an episode after The Apprentice tonight.

Going to start watching either Line Of Duty or Stranger Things after.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Never heard of Line of Duty until now. Might watch, just read and it sounds quite interesting. One thing that annoys me though is when I get into a series and it gets scrapped after season "x" :annoyed:

RedDevilRoshi

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Never heard of Line of Duty until now. Might watch, just read and it sounds quite interesting. One thing that annoys me though is when I get into a series and it gets scrapped after season "x" :annoyed:
Yeah I’m sure I will! It’s been absolutely brilliant so far!

Is that not what happened to House Of Cards? It got scrapped unexpectedly?

Eric's Seagull

Yeah I’m sure I will! It’s been absolutely brilliant so far!

Is that not what happened to House Of Cards? It got scrapped unexpectedly?
I'm not sure about House of Cards as I haven't watched it.

I really used to like my Name is Earl and can't think why they scrapped it. I also liked a series called No Ordinary Family. I recently started getting into the Punisher and wasn't pleased they scrapped it after season 2.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Goliath season 3 is out.
Watched the first two, it's.. weird. Like, really weird. They're going full on with the spiritual and trippy side of things this season and really trying to not just have it be a procedural drama, so let's see if it pays off.

Season one was great and season two, towards the end was fecking horrifically terrible so let's hope this is more like season one.

AaronRedDevil

I wonder what the new Game of Thrones will be.

As in, everyone is watching and talking about it. I feel only Lost had that impact.

Right now there doesn’t seem to be anything amazingly good. Suppose Peaky Blinders, Top Boy and Stranger things are the best at the moment.
I don't think we'll see another like GoT for a long time till the spin offs show up. No other show has that kind of amazing characters and lore to dive through for weeks. It was way too ahead of its competition along it. Shame about the ending though. Only thing I can think of, is the LOTR tv show coming, which has a lot of characters and lore alike but it won't be as violent and adult as GoT is. But the scale can be matched, maybe be even bigger in that sense.