Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Sanche7

Personally I don't think every comedy show must be laugh out loud funny. It's obviously a personal preference but I love shows like Modern Family, Silicon Valley, Living with yourself etc. I wouldn't call any of those shows extremely funny (modern family used to be), but they are either well written have good/ likeable characters or an interesting plot.
I was watching the season 6 premiere of Silicon Valley and I don't think It had a single laugh out loud moment, but at the same time I can't wait to watch episode 2. Similarly Living with yourself had me hooked because it was original, Paul Rudd was very good and I wanted to know where the story was going and where it's going to take the lead character. It's more of a dramedy than a comedy but IMO some the best shows on TV now (Bojack Horseman, Fleabag) are dramedies

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I thought "meh" was a good summary. Something you can sit down and binge pretty easily with the missus without overthinking, give it the odd smirk or giggle here or there and then afterwards you realize that it was all just a bit .. meh and never think about it again nor care if they make a second season. So in a way it's the perfect Netflix show.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also for supposedly being a 'comedy' I barely laughed at any of it. I think they had a decent premise for a show but didn't do anything particularly fresh or fun with it.

I genuinely think I could've written it. Even while watching I was thinking oh if this had happened it would've been funnier.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Personally I don't think every comedy show must be laugh out loud funny. It's obviously a personal preference but I love shows like Modern Family, Silicon Valley, Living with yourself etc. I wouldn't call any of those shows extremely funny (modern family used to be), but they are either well written have good/ likeable characters or an interesting plot.
I was watching the season 6 premiere of Silicon Valley and I don't think It had a single laugh out loud moment, but at the same time I can't wait to watch episode 2. Similarly Living with yourself had me hooked because it was original, Paul Rudd was very good and I wanted to know where the story was going and where it's going to take the lead character. It's more of a dramedy than a comedy but IMO some the best shows on TV now (Bojack Horseman, Fleabag) are dramedies
It used to have quite a few but as with most shows the laughs go down as the show goes on.

"Hey, Dinesh, nice chain. Do you choke your mother with it when you put your penis in her butthole?"

Best line of that show just because of how out of character it was for Jared.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The first episode of season six had loads of laugh out loud moments anyway so he needs to shut his whore mouth (said in Jared tone).

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I guess it's TV... Seven Worlds, One Planet's pilot episode was fantastic, like every BBC nature show to be fair.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thanks for the suggestion and info guys. Appreciate it!
I'll come back later and thank you/hate you depending on if I like it or not.
So, how's this going then? I am in the middle of second season/story. I like both season so far, some ridiculous scenes that were over the top, but in general very good show, IMO.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
So, how's this going then? I am in the middle of second season/story. I like both season so far, some ridiculous scenes that were over the top, but in general very good show, IMO.
I actually haven't started yet. I'll give you an update in a week. :)

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just rewatching this is England, I’d forgotten how good this was. The film is brilliant, so too are the spin tv series. Grim at times but also funny and really great acting. Soundtrack and cinematography great too for anyone who’s not seen it.

RedDevilRoshi

Just rewatching this is England, I’d forgotten how good this was. The film is brilliant, so too are the spin tv series. Grim at times but also funny and really great acting. Soundtrack and cinematography great too for anyone who’s not seen it.
Brilliant film.

I’ve never seen the tv series. Is it linked to the film or not?

Sanche7

Saw the first two episodes of The Apple TV original show, See and it's OK. Good premise, Jason Momoa is pretty good but can't say I'm hooked.
Doesn't look like any of the new shows on the Apple TV are that good

SirAF

Ageist
I haven’t checked out See yet, but I really liked the first three episodes of The Morning Show.

United Hobbit

If you've got Amazon prime the Purge series are well worth watching I've enjoyed both the films and the first series, theres now a second series on there with 3 episodes so far.

wr8_utd

:'(
Did anyone watch Eli on Netflix? I really want to see something really scary but I'm afraid it'll be a let down.

RedDevilRoshi

If you've got Amazon prime the Purge series are well worth watching I've enjoyed both the films and the first series, theres now a second series on there with 3 episodes so far.
I remember hearing that they were going to be releasing a Purge tv series after the final 3rd film.

Does this have links to the films or is it completely different?

United Hobbit

I remember hearing that they were going to be releasing a Purge tv series after the final 3rd film.

Does this have links to the films or is it completely different?
Agreed! 2nd season not as immediately satisfying as the first but theres time yet. Love the soundtrack.
Red Devil Roshi: I dont think it's the same people as in the films but the first series is the same sort of concept as the films but following various people throughout purge night the second series the first part of the first episode is again following different people (not the same ones from the first series) through the last 2 hours of purge night then the rest of the series so far is about following them after purge night is over and all the fallout.
Red Fish: Agree the 2nd series is a bit of a slow burner but it's an interesting concept following up on how the purge has affected these people however part of the reason the purge series is so chilling is the actual purge itself eg the masks and the weapons etc- I'd have liked to have seen more of that the rabbit mask of the guy carrying that huge axe thing was really chilling but they've barely showed him. They are hinting at what will happen at the next purge so I wonder if the full cycle will be shown or if itll be saved for next series.

Another series I enjoyed was Slasher

Sanche7

I haven’t checked out See yet, but I really liked the first three episodes of The Morning Show.
Yeah it's good, like not very good but engaging with great performances from the three leads. Way better than See
Anyone seen For All Mankind?

hubbuh

The Fall! Bit behind on this one (final season aired 2016), but it's a fecking wicked psychological cop thriller set in Belfast. 17 episodes, 3 seasons. Badda bing badda bum!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Agree. He is a special film maker. Did you like Dead Man's Shoes?
DMS's is as good as any British film ever made in my humble opinion. Hard viewing at times but great story, great acting (especially Toby Kebell and Paddy Considine) and brilliant ending. Yeah, fantastic, might watch it this weekend, not seen it for a while.

For me as a midlander, watching drama this good with recognisable accents and locations is also special.

RedFish

RedFish

DMS's is as good as any British film ever made in my humble opinion. Hard viewing at times but great story, great acting (especially Toby Kebell and Paddy Considine) and brilliant ending. Yeah, fantastic, might watch it this weekend, not seen it for a while.

For me as a midlander, watching drama this good with recognisable accents and locations is also special.
It's one of the most visceral, palpably electric films I've ever seen. Don't know where it would rank in a personal all-time lista, but it's as good as anything that I can remember, certainly of it's genre.

Some movies stick in your mind forever and though details may blurr, the emotional response from watching remains vivid. DMS is one of those films.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Been watching The Blacklist these last couple of months. Finding it very hard to binge this series as its kinda same-y but it is very enjoyable. Only on the 3rd season.

Now where's that thread with Rather plain women that you would....Mr Caplin should be in there! :drool:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can a kind person inbox me about ways of watching tv series and movies :angel:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
8 episodes into Top Boy and its excellent. I'm looking forward to getting home tonight to finish it and that's unusual for me. I found the original summerhouse series fairly bland but loving the new one